Options

Where is this water coming from?

Ok, so I'm new to rving & thought that I had successfully dewinterized my T@b. It's a Max S. After I flushed the lines thru the water tank & changed over to camping mode, I hooked the water up (with a regulator) & as soon as I turned the water on it started running out of the rear of the camper thru a clear line behind the left rear tire. What have I done wrong? Do I have the valves open/closed correctly? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @SGH0004, You're not doing anything wrong. Mine did the same thing & burped water out the first time as well. It's just the Alde system, and hot water tank burping to release trapped air. Just as long as it stops after a minute, or two, you're ok. Kinda freaked me out the first time it did it too! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @SGH0004, Is your cold water drain valve closed? I can't see it in your picture, and just wanted to make sure you didn't miss closing that one. To clarify where your water is coming out, is it RIGHT behind the driver's side tire, or back by the spare on the left side? Did you get it figured out? If not, please let us know, and we'll see if we can help you out. Another thought, do you have the Winterizing The Alde Manual? If not, go to the User Manuals/PDF Files link to the right & print it out to keep in your trailer. Makes things a lot handier to have right in front of you while you're trying to figure things out! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    If yours is like mine (2015-S) there are only a couple clear lines in that area. One is the overflow for the glycol expansion tank--it would drip green stuff. The other one connects to what I believe to be a pressure relief valve where the hot water distribution line exits the Alde.

As ericnliz said, as long as it stops I wouldn't worry about it. If it doesn't stop (and you are sure your pressure regulator is working properly) I would cast suspicion on that valve.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Look for the large plastic valve (possibly yellow) that drains the Alde, it should be down, not up.  It doesn't appear in the diagrams for winterization for some inexplicable reason.  
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    @db_cooper, Thanks! Forgot about that one! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Every now in a blue moon, regulators go bad (they get cruddy and foul, get stones in them, hang around with bad elements)... *If* it keeps happening after you've made sure the Alde overflow valve has burped up enough air and water, change the regulator. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    SGH0004SGH0004 Member Posts: 62
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will check on it later this afternoon. One more question. Where is the Alde overflow located on 2015 Max S? I've looked & can't find it anywhere to check the glycol level. I looked thru the manual & only see how to check it. Not where you check it. 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @SGH0004, Far corner on the driver's side in the back. Look either under the back shelf (there are 2 screws holding it down, one on either end,you can leave them out and it won't hurt anything ), or there is a pie shape panel in that far corner by the shelf with one screw. Pretty sure you can just lift the shelf & see the reservoir on that one. ;)
    Oh, and take a flashlight with you, remove the cap & shine inside, it's MUCH easier to see the level that way. Take a Sharpie pen, and mark the levels on the side too while you're there! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Aren't some of the reservoirs in the front where the pump lives? I vaguely remember the position got changed after 2015.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity , Nope, mine is still in the back, and I'm pretty sure there is an access in the newer ones by that back shelf in the back as well.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Ratkity, the CS-S models have the reservoir behind the cargo door in the bathroom. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Ok. Got home, hooked up the water & it just runs through just like the water hose is hooked straight to this clear line underneath the T@b. 
  • Options
    Also took a picture of cold water lines going to Alde. Some guidance if this is not correct would be appreciated. :s
  • Options
    tjandtabtjandtab Member Posts: 6
    If its the clear line going from black rubber plug and the red check valve coming out of the top of Alde then I would say that 3 way check vale is ether bad or stuck open. I had to replace mine on my 2017s just due to it sticking. That valve opens when you drain your Alde out-venting it and is supposed to close when filling it. I took mine off and blew compressed air thew it just to make sure it wasn't debris or something. but it would intermittently leak so called and PV sent me a new one warranty claim.
    TJ&T@B
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    edited May 2017
    I can't really tell, but it looks like the water is coming out of the ALDE drain/pressure relief valve. As @db_cooper said, look for the yellow valve. It should be in the down position. Or the cold water drain valve just below the cold water valve.

Correction: Looks like the cold water drain valve is closed in the lower pic. Look for the yellow ALDE valve.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Had the same issue first time I added water, it was the yellow Alde valve, not in your picture.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Said yellow valve.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    What db_cooper said. That is most definately the Alde drain operated by the yellow flap. (The clear lines exit on the other side of the frame, nearer to the side of the camper.)

The drain also functions as a pressure relief for the upstream side of the Alde. If you are sure it is closed and it's still leaking, the valve is stuck open. You can try to unstick it by opening and closing it a few times. If that doesn't work it is probably defective.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Agree with @ScottG, definitely the Alde drain! Horizontal is closed, vertical is open. 
    @RollingLagrima, Thanks for the picture to clarify!
    Spokane, Wa.