Options

Has anybody got any info on 2023 T@B 400's ?

atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
edited July 2022 in Trailer & Towing
My Dealer said the 22 ,400's were all gone, and I heard someone ordered a 2023.  I know the industry was trying to make June the model year change date.  Anyone got any info?
2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    I have not heard a thing.  BTW, the new models come out in July starting with 2022 model year.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @atlasb  - 2022 400s are still available in Columbus.  Maybe just your dealer has sold all their 400 stock.

And, looks like they are taking orders for the Barefoot according to RVTrader!

https://www.rvusa.com/2023-nucamp-barefoot-caravan-travel-trailer-3318051
  • Options
    DawgHouseDawgHouse Member Posts: 1
    We just ordered our 2023 from a dealer in Canada. There will be changes to the washroom floor plan, the available battery, the front dinette area, the under bed storage compartment, as well as only offering the larger fridge. The fridge will no longer be a 3 way. Nucamp is incorporating several changes based on customer feedback from previous years.
    Even our dealer was not sure of exact details and hadn't seen any brochures on the new model. He is expecting to pick up the camper in the US around August or September.
  • Options
    richardspahnrichardspahn Member Posts: 17
    I have the 14 2023 changes from my dealer and a 2023 "abreviated with typos"" 'MSRP' ORDER FORM. How do I share or upload?? I shared the "abbreviated" Lithium Package 'MSRP' with BattleBorn and they priced it as $1000 "for installation and parts like wire as a good deal.  My dealer says 400 production will begin at the end of July and expects delivery on an order placed today would be delivered mid-august.  
  • Options
    You can either scan the document and post it, or take a picture of the form and post the photo.
  • Options

Changes Sounds Awesome, but it's lots of new design documents(drawings, parts list, workstation instructions), new parts and materials to order and inventory, staffing, training and retraining, and Quality Control to get one out the door. IT'S CALLED A LEARNING CURVE with change orders. And the culture of the industry is they're incentivized to ship and draft on the dealer's bank account. Many dealers, who are all short techs, skip the PDI and call the owner's walkthrough the PDI. I plan to have an NRVIA  inspector and a mobile tech I know with me at delivery and be prepared to not sign and walk.  Also, request the manufacturer's PDI and QA documentation to show you mean business. Lastly, everybody in the RV industry is incentivized or commissioned and has a conflict of interest to get the product to the next station and you're not the customer. I like nuCamp and expect them to build quality but the culture can default to inspect it in and you're at the end of the food chain. 

Yes, I'm a Manufacturing Engineer and have tailored and purchased a BattleBorn kit and solar upgrades working with Battle Born Customer service and had it installed on a Grand Design trailer by a Supertech Owner of a mobile RV repair business who had experience with integrating Victron systems.

P.S. my TV is a 2021 F-150 Hybrid with the 7200 Watt generating Technology Package

PPS nuCamp is on holiday shutdown and will be back on July 11th  for 2023 production allegedly :-) starting the end of the July 

Cheers

"Here are the changes for 2023 (from a dealer)"

· TAB 400 
    o Exterior:
    § Delete battery box & incorporate Battleborn battery with heater
    § Employ Goodyear tires (both Boondock and standard tires)
    o Interior:
    § Elimination of 2nd floor plan option
    · Delete current 3-way and 2-way fridge
    · Replace w/ Isotherm 130 (12v compressor, 4.6 cf)
    § Redesigned dinette
    · Incorporate a hidden bunk
    · Sub out table rail table for lagun
    § Reconfigured bathroom
    · eliminate fold-down sink, sub-in vessel
    · modify shower pan and cabinetry
    § Incorporate a drawer under the bed
    § Lengthen the rear shade
    o Optional Battleborn Lithium Package
    § 400-amp hr w/ heater, smart shunt and 3000-watt inverter to run AC
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2022
    Interesting, however the TaB400 doesn’t have an external battery box (320 has one in the Tub) to eliminate.  The battery box was already eliminated in 2020, when the batteries were moved to their own enclosed locker space at the rear under the bunk.  So I guess this area will be increased in size to accommodate the 400AH Lithium battery bank. 

I like the Lithium upgrade package, and at a $1,000 for the upgrade, is quite a nice deal, (edit: actual price is closer to $8K MSRP) and is half of what it would cost to buy the parts on today’s market.  The Batrleborn 200AH upgrade kit with 2,000-watt inverter, and battery monitor with solar controller is currently $3,600 on sale.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    richardspahn said:
    I have . . . 2023 . . .  'MSRP' ORDER FORM.

How do I share or upload?
    Best Method is to SCAN the Order Form on your printer/scanner with output file saved as a PDF.

Then Attach the PDF file to your forum post using the "Attach a file" button on the header:
    The attached PDF file will appear at the bottom of your post.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can use iNotes to scan the form, and get a PDF.  Use Share from the pull down menu to send it to photos or send it to yourself (email) to get the PDF you can post here.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    Denny16 said:
    I like the Lithium upgrade package, and at a $1,000 for the upgrade, is quite a nice deal, and is half of what it would cost to buy the parts on today’s market.  The Batrleborn 200AH upgrade kit with 2,000-watt inverter, and battery monitor with solar controller is currently $3,600 on sale.
     Cheers 
    Actually the 400ah lithium package is $7995! It includes a SmartShunt and 3000 watt inverter/charger, per the order form (MSRP). The first salesman I dealt with said it was $6k which seems in line with BB package pricing plus install. I guess the $2k is markup.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    edited July 2022
    That sounds more like the actual price, Spahn posted $1000 for the package in his post above, which is what I referenced.  The $2K could also be the labor to install and make changes needed for the package.  I am sure Battleborn is discounting the package for manufacturers of RVs.  
    Cheers  
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    Interesting, however the TaB400 doesn’t have an external battery box (320 has one in the Tub) to eliminate.  The battery box was already eliminated in 2020, when the batteries were moved to their own enclosed locker space at the rear under the bunk.  So I guess this area will be increased in size to accommodate the 400AH Lithium battery bank. 

I like the Lithium upgrade package, and at a $1,000 for the upgrade, is quite a nice deal, and is half of what it would cost to buy the parts on today’s market.  The Batrleborn 200AH upgrade kit with 2,000-watt inverter, and battery monitor with solar controller is currently $3,600 on sale.
     Cheers 
    Denny, the lithium package is $7995 MSRP on the 2023 order form. I called BattleBorn where I bought the same package to install in a Grand Design 18 months ago. BB priced the package at $6000 and BB thought the MSRP price was a deal considering the labor and materials.
    Talking with NuCamp they said they removed the battery box under the bed to make room for the 4 100-Amp hr batteries, Victron 3000W inverter changer...I see 19 items to be mounted and or connected in the BB kit.
    Under the front of the bed is now a pull-out drawer with all BB items installed behind the drawer running back through the old Battery box location. Denny16 said:
    That sounds more like the actual price, richardspann posted $1000 for the package in his post above, which is what I referenced.  The $2K could also be the labor to install and make changes needed for the package.  I am sure Battleborn is discounting the package for manufacturers of RVs.  
    Cheers

Spahn posted   "I shared the "abbreviated" Lithium Package 'MSRP' with BattleBorn and they priced it as $1000 "for installation and parts like wire as a good deal. " and should have said "$6000 for kit and $1000 for"installation... as a good deal" (per BB)
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    So is there not going to be an option for the smaller fridge? If so that is a huge disappointment. That small fridge has served us well on two very long trips and many shorter trips. We would hate to give up the wardrobe for extra fridge space. Where will people put their clothes now? 
    mary 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    @richardspahn, sorry for the misquote, edited both of my previous posts, thanks for the correction.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    WNYcamperWNYcamper Member Posts: 2
    Anyone else intrigued by the listed changes to dinette especially the “ hidden bunk” ? Also, suspect they will replace fold down sink with a narrow vessel sink as some Tab owners have done as modifications. They also hint at changes in storage in bathroom. Will be interesting  to see. We acquired a Tab BD 400 2022 in May and are loving it! Upgraded to lithium batteries. Cheers everyone and happy camping!
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    @xdr I feel the same. For a trailer of that size that smaller fridge feels like an appropriate size. The 2-way isotherm for the wardrobe would be great though although I prefer the wardrobe. Hard to find clothes that are all folded up. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    We have the 2018 with the original wardrobe locker that has the side cubby storage bins and the hanging bar, we would not give this up.  We looked at the Solo, but passed due to the lack of a wardrobe locker.
    The small fridge is fine for the odd weekend getaway and for longer trips, we use our Yeti cooler for extra cold storage.  Log may our TaB 400 live!
    Cheers 
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    We were beginning to think we were the only ones who would want a small fridge and would want to keep the wardrobe. 
    Our wardrobe  is not the ‘fancy’ version with the cubbies, but it is large and extremely easy to access clothes. Last weekend we saw rain, heat, cold and more rain in the same day, so we were changing often. Where do people keep clothes if not for the wardrobe? We do have under bed access but it is inconvenient to dig through. 
    At the least keep the option open. 
    xdr
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 133
    I do just fine using the smaller wardrobe area where the 2-way fridge would be.  Packing cubes are my friend, and while camping I don't wear anything that requires hanging or ironing.  For my 5-week adventure thru New England last fall, I utilized the bunk under the main bed for additional clothing, down jacket, extra towels, etc.  The storage bay under the front dinette was used for dog food, extra paper goods and laundry soap.  I also have a few strategically placed command hooks for a light jacket, wet raincoat, etc.  Shoes, hiking boots, shower bag and dry raingear all go in the cubby beneath the frig.  I prefer the larger frig, particularly being able to get items without having to get down on my hands and knees.  Certainly, personal preference but it can be done - and easily.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I think not having to get down to access the fridge Marlee, is the biggest advantage of the larger fridge in the wardrobe locker area, especially for those of us gettin on in age, or with flexibility issues.  However, whilst the higher mounting location is nice to improve access.  The hanging locker space in the newer TaBs (2021/2022) when the locker design change was made to accommodate larger 3-way fridge, is not as deep as the original locker space by some 6-8 inches, but it is wider and a foot or so shorter in height.  

My partner in life and work, needs the extra hanging space, and using the bottom for boots is nice, as the original TaB400 layout has the power converter under the hanging locker, no shoe cubby.  We use the TaB as a field office for out of town projects we work on.  

But with the new 2023 TaB400, the hanging locker is no longer an option, as the new larger 2-way will be the new norm.  This will be better for older TaB 400 campers, who seem to make up a large part of the TaB400’s user market.
    Cheers 
  • Options
    HackjazHackjaz Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2022

Here’s some information we were given by our dealer last week when we purchased the last 2022 TAB 400 BD to come off the assembly line. They had just been in Ohio for training & towed back the trailer that we purchased.

A lot of the changes we were told about correspond to @richardspahn ’s post above. We were told the AGM batteries would be going away in favor of the heated Battleborn lithium battery. They did not mention anything about different tires. They did say the 3-way fridge would no longer be an option & that every 2023 TAB 400 would come with the larger 2-way fridge. They mentioned the new Lagun mount table & hidden bunk. Unfortunately, we were told that to incorporate the fold down bunk, the driver’s side dinette porthole window would also be done away with. Our dealer said that to incorporate the bunk, the bathroom would be made smaller by 3” as well (hence the reconfiguration). I can confirm the replacement of the fold down sink with a vessel sink. Our dealer called his rep at nüCamp while we were there to see if he could text photos of the new sink/bathroom, but his guy said that they didn’t get it installed in their demo/show unit before their 2 week shutdown & it was still sitting on the workbench. No mention of the drawer under the bed or the longer shade. Our dealer did say that the new Battleborn lithium package was being called the “max package” & that he had already sold it to 3 customers, sight unseen, for $7,000. We were told that it was 600 amp hours of Battleborn lithium batteries & a 6,000 watt inverter to easily run both the microwave & AC while boondocking (but no upgrade to the solar panel).

As with most things in life, I’ll believe it when I see it—you never really know what’s being changed until they start rolling off the production line & hitting dealer’s lots. And then halfway through the production year a few things will probably change again anyway! 😝

We decided to buy what & when we did because we liked the added flexibility of the 3-way fridge, we didn’t want the bathroom to shrink, & we didn’t want to lose one of the dinette windows (and have no use for a fold down bunk). We also like the rigidity of the current table over a lot of the Lagun tables we’ve seen/tried. We also figured that any battery upgrades/options could certainly be retrofitted after we better know our power usage/requirements and as technology increases & prices decrease. I guess we’ll find out soon if enough if we made the right choice! Unfortunately, we did not have our tow vehicle with us when we bought the trailer & will be making a trip back to the dealer next month to pickup our new TAB 400 BD & begin our adventure!

2022 TAB 400 BD, 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500, Iowa
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    It will be interesting to see the final product and what changes actually are made.  I too would not be a fan of a fold down bunk and the loss of the porthole window.  And the smaller bathroom is no good for me at 6'2".  We also use the bath for hanging storage so we like the current size. I may also be one of the few that really like the fold down sink.  Gives us so much more room to shower and just move around.  I can't see how the vessel sink would stick out less than the current sink when it is folded up.  But maybe it does? I'm assuming the lithium is an option and the harris batteries will still be standard as I can't see everyone wanting to shell out thousands of dollars for lithium and a 6000 watt inverter! Especially with only a 163 watt solar panel.  Hopefully they can increase the size of the panel. When we boondock we like to use less electronics not more and can't imagine needing the power to run an A/C or microwave.  That's what we go to campgrounds with hookups for, not boondocking.  I'd be fine with the larger compressor fridge but still like our 3 way.  If that ever craps out I'll probably replace it with the compressor fridge anyway.  I'm curious to see the final options and changes tho. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @bergger one heated Battleborn battery is now standard. I was told the solar panel is now 190 watts, but don't have that spec on any written documentation from nuCamp, (just that it will be larger).
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Dang! Almost $8k for a standard battery setup! I hope that is not correct but if so no thanks. Can't wait to see the sticker price on the 2023 model!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    WNYcamperWNYcamper Member Posts: 2
    Also not a fan of proposed dinette/ bathroom changes. We have a 2022 BD 400 and I love sitting in the dinette with porthole window and like the extra storage it provides. We personally have no use for a fold down bunk . 
  • Options
    edited July 2022

As it was told to me, one heated 100 Ah Battleborn lithium battery will replace the existing two AGM batteries as standard (AGM will no longer be an option). The $7,000ish “max package” will be an add on option to increase to 600 Ah of Battleborn lithium batteries (don’t know the number/configuration) & the larger inverter. The 190 watt solar panel does ring a bell now that you mention it @dsfdogs 🤔 Obviously don’t quote me on any of the specs, prices, etc. No one really knows until it’s available in the wild to purchase! ☺️

• Options
    The documentation I have from nuCamp/order form is 400 amp hrs of lithium w/internal heater, bluetooth connected SmartShunt, 3000 watt inverter/charger. MSRP price is $7995.

Too bad the hide-away bunk wasn't an option vs standard. I would like larger, opening windows at the sides of the dinette actually. I am excited about the Lagun table as that would have been a mod for me. I just hope they square off the curved benches/cushions which seem so awkward.
    Debbie in Oregon

• Options
    edited July 2022
    The original TaB400 solar panel option was a 193-watt panel, it was reduced when the Stargazer window was shifted up, sounds like nüCamp went back to the original solar panel size.

The Battleborn bundle packages have listed both the 400 amp.hr and 600 amp.hr. battery option includes a 3,000-watt Victron Phoenix inverter, this is the largest stand alone Phoenix series Inverter Victron makes for RV applications.  Their larger inverter is a combo inverter/charger combo system, very large in size.  So the larger capacity battery package is not doubt the 3K watt setup, not a 6K watt inverter.  A 3K watt inverter is more than large enough to run the CoolCat AC and microwave at the same time.
    Cheers
  • Options
    I am prone to believe that a 400 Ah lithium battery package/3,000 watt inverter is more accurate than 600/6,000 (especially for the price).

@dsfdogs I agree that the benches/cushions need some help! Kind of feels like you're perching sometimes. We were told the bunk would not be an option, but would be standard (we'll see). I would agree, more opening windows would be great—not fewer windows!

Even if we just bought our first TAB, I am still looking forward to seeing what changes/options materialize on the 2023s!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    The porthole windows do not open.  The TaB400 has three large opening windows, front, pax side over galley and rear Stargazer windows.  How many opening windows to you need?  I also like the small dinette portholes, which add some light whilst sitting in the dinette, and give something to look out.  

I think the fold down bunk in the dinette area is to add a second kiddie bunk, to make the TaB400 appealing to young families, or couples planning to have young children.  A company has to go where the sales are going to be…
     Cheers