Options

Has anybody got any info on 2023 T@B 400's ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    subkronsubkron Member Posts: 149
    @Denny16, @Gherzig
    Denny is correct, the area is a chase. That being said the cabling and such are really only a bundle 1.5" to 2" diameter pretty much at the top of the compartment. I think you could reasonably add a drawer under it.  It looks quite doable and is on my list. 

2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,205
    I’ve had a little peak in that chase and I’m of the opinion the wiring may not be in the way. I don’t believe the entire space is occupied by wiring but I’m not entirely sure. I’ve thought about adding a drawer there as well. Need to open that area up and see just how crowded it is. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    There there is also a hot and cold water PEX run along the bottom of the chase area.  So you might be able to insert a drawer between them, but you are also loosing storage space.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Yeah. The loss of space is something to consider. Although the added convenience would encourage me to use that space more efficiently and frequently. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Good point.  Unfortunately, on the early TaB400s with the inverter, the inverter is located where your wire/plumbing chase is, so not easy to relocate, plus the battery sticks out into the area.  I would loose 6” by the length of this storage area.  Still doable, and something to consider…
    Cheers
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,011
    Yesterday the wife and I were passing by the NuCamp dealer down in Poncha Springs CO so we decided to stop by and check out the 400s they had.  We were just curious if it was worth it to trade in our 2021 for a 2023 and just to see the changes in general.  It's a smaller dealer but they are wonderful to work with.  I was surprised that tey had five 2022 models and two 2023 models in stock.  It was nice to be able to go back and forth between the two years to see how they compared.  There were things I like about the 2023 and things I did not like and we realized it was not something we would want to switch to from our 2021.   

What I did like was the pull out drawer under the bed, the new bathroom sink and some things about the new dinette but not all things with it.  I love the new bathroom sink tucked in the corner with the small counter space around it.  However the new bathroom is definitely several inches narrower (that space is given to the new convertible dinette space).  While the sink is great the toilet is stuck up against the wall and is not angled very well at all.  It is a tighter seat for sure and hopefully they can angle the toilet better to make it possible to sit on it properly without being pushed up against the wall.  This kind of takes away some of the advantage of the extra room provided by the sink. 

The Dinette is pretty comfortable and a bit roomier, due the the space stolen from the bathroom, and I do like the additional small hidden storage compartment up against the front wall.  But I do not like the table at all.  You can't get it in a perfect position.  It either sticks out too far into the entry way or takes away a lot of space from one of the dinette seats.  And it is not as stable as the fixed table.  Also there is just a lot going on with all those multitude of cushions needed to make up the lower and upper bunks.  Too many cushions to deal with.  It may sound weird but I like the aesthetics of the old dinette better.  The curved table and the angles of the bathroom/dinette wall just look nicer.  The old trailer bathroom/dinette wall has two angles and the new one is just one.   While the changes they made are necessary to accommodate the hidden bunk, which is clever, I don't care for it at all since it is something that we would never use. For us the old dinette with the older table is much better and probably better for anyone who does not have kids. 

Honestly if I could have it my way I'd take the upgrades to the  2022 T@b 400, primarily for the compressor fridge and the composite floor, and add the 2023 bathroom sink and the lithium option.  That would be close to the perfect 400 in my opinion.  The larger bathroom and better angled toilet in the 2022 with the space saving of the 2023's sink would be fantastic.  I just need to see how complicated the drain and water line plumbing is on my 2021 and see if I can move it and install the same corner sink! 

I see where NuCamp was trying to go with the 2023 by opening up the 400 to people with children.  However as clever as their solution is I just don't think it was worth it and wonder if they will continue in the future with it or if it will go the way of the 400 solo model.   Even if you have space for two children to sleep there is no additional storage space for clothes, toys and food.  If you only have one child the other bunk would be a good storage space I suppose.  Anyway I just thought I'd give my opinion on the 2023. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    @bergger, I agree with you on the bathroom/toilet change and the dinette.  We like the original dinette much better.  I replaced the original heavy dinette table with the newer 2022 light weight one, which is a tad smaller than the original.
    Happy trails and stay safe.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    @berrger While I haven’t seen a 2023 in person I agree with what you say about the bunk and dinette…seems like a solve for a problem that didn’t exist. And the kidney bean dinette and cushion shapes are part of what makes the interior of the 400 so cool. It feels really bland and utilitarian with that new table and cushion setup. 

I feel like doing some of the mods on this forum to remove the fold-down sink and replace it with a smaller ceramic one or just removing it entirely are worth it vs. trading in for the 2023. And lithium can always be added to any camper. The larger 2-way fridge is nice but you can always supplement the smaller 2-way with a 12v cooler and keep your wardrobe (if that’s what you have now). Really the only thing I’d want for our 400 that’s impossible to do is the composite floor in the newer models. I can live without the other changes. 

2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 96
    Laurie and I are brand new owners of a 2023 400. We had a used deal for a 2022 all lined up we saw the 2023. The bunk for when we take the two grandkids out was as awesome add for us. We paid $150 more for the brand new 2023 than the 3mo old 2022, so for us a no brainer. I am not a huge fan of the new dinette setup though. There is some tweaking needed to the placement of the table pivot or maybe make that adjustable. The toilet placement feels fine to me. Bathroom sink is great. Love the drawer under the bed, although it was installed about 1/8" too high and is impossible to open if sitting on the bed (I need to adjust that).

Happy to report dimensions or whatever for those with questions.
    73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @KK1L There are several mods you can do on the Lagun table, one includes adding a slide to the under table bracket to get additional swing options.  Try doing a search here for Lagun Table.  Here is the mod I was thinking of (shown in photo below): https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9854/table-slide#latest

Cheers.
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,293
    edited November 2022
    Denny16 said:
    ... one includes adding a slide to the under table bracket to get additional swing options ...
    Recently did this DIY mod. Works really well. Surprised someone (Lagun) hasn't made a kit or nuCamp hasn't incorporated it into their build. 

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler