Options

Refrigerator Knob cant be turned off!

I was turning off the fridge and maybe have twisted a little to hard, felt a sorta "double click" and now i cant get the fridge to turn off at all. I pulled the plastic knob off too try and turn/click it off with pliers but cant get it to turn and don't want to damage it further. Obviously we cant keep it on. We actually rarely use it. Has this happened to any one else??
2021 T@b 320 CS-S
So California

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Which fridge, model and year of TaB?
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Falcon_teardropFalcon_teardrop Member Posts: 5
    Sorry Should have stated. 2021 T@B 320 CS
    2021 T@b 320 CS-S
    So California
  • Options
    Norcold NR740BB
    2021 T@b 320 CS-S
    So California
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Sorry Should have stated. 2021 T@B 320 CS
    Are you sure that it's not turning off when the knob is all the way to the left?
    Do you hear the compressor running? 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Yes, and the light stays on.
    2021 T@b 320 CS-S
    So California
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Here's another thread about problems with the control knob.
    Until you can figure out how to fix the knob, the suggestion to pull the fuse should work.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The fridge light stays on, even when the temp knob is moved to 0 (off position).  The light only turns off when the fridge door is closed, or the power to the fridge is off.  You can tape the door slightly open, to vent the fridge, without the light coming on.  This is what I do when not using the fridge.  If you tried to run the knob past 0 it might now be stuck or jammed with compressor turned on?
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Marceline said:
    Here's another thread about problems with the control knob.
    Until you can figure out how to fix the knob, the suggestion to pull the fuse should work.
    Thanks. Pulling the fuse is a great idea for a temp fix. Going to do that. Hopefully i can get the knob fixed somehow.
    2021 T@b 320 CS-S
    So California
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    We had a similar problem with the Norcold fridge in our 2019 400.  However we were and are able to turn it off and on etc by removing the knob to use pliers.  It had and does seem to turn the opposite direction it should.

That all being said I (husband) accept responsibility for turning the knob the wrong way and forcing it.  This caused the plastic knob to stretch and no longer turn the metal stem of the thermostat.  An internet search and call to Norcold to replace the knob were frustrating and left my wallet quaking.

A visit to a good hardware store with an expansive hardware selection resulted in several items intended to tighten the knob’s grip.  A 3/8 C clip fit snugly on the the shaft of the knob. Knob now functions.

We are careful with it.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner