Options

Storage for electrical cables and water hoses etc.

I've only had my trailer out a handful of times, so I am still working on finding storage solutions that work for me.  I found these Camco bags on Amazon and ordered a couple.  They are terrific!  One I use for electrical; I can fit my "dog-bone", surge supressor, and the electrical cable for the trailer in this bag AND I can fit it into the small door that accesses the under-bed storage from the outside.  YES!!!  I use the second bag for my fresh water hose, filter, etc.  Again, it fits through that tiny side door on my 2018 320S trailer!!!  Very pleased with these.

I may order a third one for my "sanitary supplies" -- not sure yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Identification-Organization-Conveniently-Electrical-53097/dp/B07PFFLWQJ

2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    I have similar ones, different brand. Water, Electric, and Sewer accessories…I did test and a 15’ Rhino sewer hose will fit in one as well. Mine ended up in the platform bins.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    I used to store the shore power cable and EMS in the bin under the passenger side seat in my 400.  Then I realized that those items are the first things I need when setting up at a campsite and the last things to go into then trailer when breaking camp.  Now I just put them on the floor under the table or by the door.  They seem to ride well and don't move around any.
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    VictoriaP said:
    I have similar ones, different brand. Water, Electric, and Sewer accessories…I did test and a 15’ Rhino sewer hose will fit in one as well. Mine ended up in the platform bins.
    My trailer has a "tube" mounted on the front for the sewer hose.  I don't know if it came that way or if the previous owners installed it.  But I need to settle on storage for the rest (happy campers, 1 gal mixing bottle for the happy campers, etc.).

• Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @falcon1970 ... I use hook ups less than half the time I camp, so prefer to stow those items out of the way.

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I use the front tub locker, where the propane bottle is. I keep the water hoses and bits in one bag, and the electrical cable in another.  The external surge/voltage regulator box rides in the Jeep.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    We use cable cuffs for organizing electrical cords.  The water hose is wound in a loop and the male and female connectors are joined together to close the loop.  Then all the above plus other items like the water filter and various adapters are thrown in a clear plastic container.  Like @PNWtabber notes this container is the last thing loaded and the first thing unloaded in the bed of our truck.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,283
    We still have a bunch of "drop bags" from our ultrarunning days. They've found a second life as stow bags for keeping things organized in the tongue box.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 268
    I throw the 30 amp cable on the bed in my 400. Used to stow it in the outside compartment but the compartment got too full of other items.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX