Options

2023 400 with the 400 ah Lithium mod. Victron Inverter.

13»

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    elbolillo said:
    Looking at the images that I have seen of the NuCamp install of the Multiplus 3000w inverter, they appear to run a wire from the chassis ground of the Multiplus over to the load side of the SmartShunt.
    Exactly. If you go up a few posts, you can see it clearly in the photo. They use the Smart Shunt as a negative bus. I'm planning on using a proper positive and negative bus bar when I do my install.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 304
    ChrisFix said:
    elbolillo said:
    Looking at the images that I have seen of the NuCamp install of the Multiplus 3000w inverter, they appear to run a wire from the chassis ground of the Multiplus over to the load side of the SmartShunt.
    Exactly. If you go up a few posts, you can see it clearly in the photo. They use the Smart Shunt as a negative bus. I'm planning on using a proper positive and negative bus bar when I do my install.
    Totally missed that. I also used bus bars for my installation. I also added an additional battery disconnect to the positive cable between the Multiplus and the Smart Shunt. This way I can isolate the Multiplus completely from the batteries.
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 72
    Guys I just purchased a '23 400 that had the Lithium upgraded done immediately after purchase.  They added a solar input port close to the shore power input and installed an additional CC for it.  It's a Victron 75/10.  We currently have it opened up for cleaning and inspection so if anyone needs specific photos let me know.

The additional CC was installed just below the fridge on the left side.  The original 75/15 is under the bed.
  • Options
    Hammick said:
    Guys I just purchased a '23 400 that had the Lithium upgraded done immediately after purchase.  They added a solar input port close to the shore power input and installed an additional CC for it.  It's a Victron 75/10.  We currently have it opened up for cleaning and inspection so if anyone needs specific photos let me know.

The additional CC was installed just below the fridge on the left side.  The original 75/15 is under the bed.
    Please send all the detailed photos of the install as you can. I would love to see how it was done.
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Sweet, but the new Victron 75/10 is only going to support a total of 100-125 watts of solar panels.  It will work nicely for the small portable units that are available.  Be careful not to overload its capacity.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited March 9
    Denny16 said:
    Sweet, but the new Victron 75/10 is only going to support a total of 100-125 watts of solar panels.  It will work nicely for the small portable units that are available.  Be careful not to overload its capacity.
    cheers
    It's been awhile since I've done panel calculations but shouldn't the 75/10 be able to accept three 100 watt panels in series if they have an open circuit voltage of 24.5 volts?  Probably no point since the CC will limit the power output.

I'll probably get the 100/50 CC so I can use seven of these panels if needed.

https://yargopower.com/products/yargo-100w-portable-solar-panel-for-power-station

• Options
    edited March 9
    Hammick installed the 75/10 with his lithium upgrade for his external solar charging port.  nüCamp uses a Victron 75/15 on the TaB400, which can handle the 200-watts of roof top solar.  I got a second Victron 75/15 to put on my external Solar charge port, used by the portable solar panels, which supports 200-watts.  The factory installed external Solar charge port is wired directs the battery bank.  You need to use portable panels with Thor own solar controller, or add one.
    cheers
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    Ham ick installed the 75/10 with his lithium upgrade for his external solar charging port.  nüCamp uses a Victron 75/15 on the TaB400, which can handle the 200-watts of roof top solar.  I got a second Victron 75/15 to put on my external Solar charge port, used by the portable solar panels, which supports 200-watts.  The factory installed external Solar charge port is wired directs the battery bank.  You need to use portable panels with Thor own solar controller, or add one.
    cheers
    NuCamp did the external port install as part of the Lithium upgrade and used the 75/10 CC.  No idea why since the 75/15 is only a few $$$ more and they obviously have them.  It's my understanding NuCamp quit including the external solar port as standard because some people didn't realize they need to use an inline charge controller.
  • Options
    OK, I thought you said the upgrade was done when you bought it, and assumed your dealer did the upgrade, not nüCamp.  Thanks for clarifying this.
    cheers
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    OK, I thought you said the upgrade was done when you bought it, and assumed your dealer did the upgrade, not nüCamp.  Thanks for clarifying this.
    cheers

What charge controller is NuCamp using on the Black Canyon package with 620 watts of rooftop solar?

I'm the second owner.  Original owner purchased it at Miller Trailer and then drove to the NuCamp factory for the upgrade.
  • Options
    elbolillo said:
    Hammick said:

Please send all the detailed photos of the install as you can. I would love to see how it was done.

• Options
    Installed an MK3 today so I could program my Multiplus.  They have a USB C version now.  Glad I did as it had some settings wrong.  Most notably it had temperature compensation enabled.  I put the MK3 in the area behind the disconnect.  Then fished the USB C cable up by the mattress so I can easily access it without removing the panel under the bed.

Updated the firmware on the Multiplus and there is a great new feature that prioritizes solar.  It allows you to set a voltage when the Multiplus charger is disabled so your solar can finish the job.  If the batteries fall below the set voltage the charger kicks back on.

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 189
    @Hammick

Just wondering what inline fuse size is being used between the batteries and inverter ? (in this picture).

I am setting up a similair 400ah / 3000w inverter charger set-up in our 24 400 except using Renogy components. I am confused on the proper fuse size to use for this application . Will prob use a T class fuse , just unsure what size .

Thanks !  

2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    @B0atguy I used a 300amp Victron mega fuse.
    edited April 30
    elbolillo said:
    @B0atguy I used a 300amp Victron mega fuse.
    Thanks   @elbolillo
    Was thinking a 250 or 300 . 
    Will do a 300 ! 

• Options
    It’s a 300 amp fuse in my factory setup.  
  • Options
    Hammick said:
    It’s a 300 amp fuse in my factory setup.  
    Thanks ! 

I did get the 300 . 

Also wondering what size battery cable the factory and anyone who upgraded to this system used ? I purchased 4/0 , but in some of the pictures it looks like 2/0 might have been used ? I figured the 4/0 was a safe bet , but its pretty big cable to work with , and pretty spendy ! 

• Options
    @B0atguy I used 2/0 wire. This was the recommendation that I got when consulting with Battleborn. Others have suggested using 4/0. The factory uses 2/0