Options

2023 400 with the 400 ah Lithium mod. Victron Inverter.

124»

Comments

• Options
    enzo86enzo86 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 12
    BTW for the Batteries they were $2800 out the door shipped for 920AH.  These were a little larger than I wanted but the 300AH ones were also about 1.75 inches too long (13.75 out of 26.25) to fit side by side and would have had to be mounted in the same configuration. I would have gone with a single 460 if they could handle more than 200 amps on the BMS.
  • Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 195
    elbolillo said:
    @B0atguy I did my own installation using essentially the same equipment NuCamp uses on their 400ah package. I added a Victron MPPT 100/30 and external port as well. My cost for equipment and materials was around $5200.

This setup has been solid for us and we no longer lug our Honda 2200 generator with us.

I love the Battleborn Batteries, even though they do come at a premium. The tech staff at Battleborn are very helpful and responded promptly to all questions. Although if I were doing my install now, I would consider 2 of the 300ah Epoch LiFePo4 batteries. They come in at about the same weight as the 4 BB, but would have an additional 200ah.
    Agreed on the Battle Born quality and cust. service , reputation. I already had 2 of the Smart Heated Renogy's from our previous Jayco. I spent a LOT of time trying to find the biggest battery bank I could fit in the factory location for 4 batteries . In the end , I could never find any manufacturer sizes that I could fit more than 400ah . The battery bay is a pretty narrow 7" .  I did check the Epoch 300ah , and they were too wide to fit in the battery bay , by about 1/2" . Didnt feel like cutting up that nice NuCamp battery location. 
    I can add a couple more batteries in the outside accessible storage bay if needed , but I think I am ok for now. 

Hope I will be ok by putting all my "eggs" in one Renogy basket ! lol 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 195
    edited May 12
    enzo86 said:
    making progress, DC side done and tested, man 4/0 is a real pain to work with... Need to work on the AC side next along with installing the Cerbo Screen etc. @B0atguy how hard was it to get to that Area above the fridge to mount the display ?

Install is looking great  @enzo86

As far as working with the panel above the fridge . It was pretty easy . Popped out the Jensen , and had a look inside before anything was cut/drilled . Its just an "empty" panel on the back side. LOTS of wiring mess behind that panel , so be careful before you cut ! Also , if you look at my Renogy inverter remote switch ........that is the LOWEST you will be able to cut into the panel . There is a hard shelf above the fridge that I almost cut into . It sits higher than you would think . Measure twice , cut once is the motto here ! As for wiring , I never removed the fridge . All the wires drop out behind the fridge right down by drawer under the fridge. Pull out the drawer , and you have access to all the wiring, hvac ducts , etc. I was nervous I would have to follow the factory wire bundle through a few holes in the back panels , but its totally open space behind the fridge.

Will attach some pictures of that panel area .........good luck ! 

2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    Holly Cow that Factory wiring for the stereo pains my wire management OCD.
  • Options
    Well, bad news, connected AC in on the Multiplus 3K and set the max AC input to 5 Amps, Set the max charging output to 6 amps DC.  All fine but only 80 something watts.  Bump the DC charge rate to a very low 7 amps DC brings the watts up right about 100w AC then it trips the GFCI.  I tried this on 3 different GFCI outlets at 3 different locations all trip charging DC at anything higher than 6 Amps DC.  I even disconnected the AC out on the inverter and put it in charger only mode, same results.  I dont have the option to use a non GFCI outlet in our storage place.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/17907/gfci-question-for-owners-with-multiplus-ii-3000w-inverter-charger

I found this thread but there are really no answers, is this just a RMA back to Victron ?

• Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 327
    enzo86 said:
    Well, bad news, connected AC in on the Multiplus 3K and set the max AC input to 5 Amps, Set the max charging output to 6 amps DC.  All fine but only 80 something watts.  Bump the DC charge rate to a very low 7 amps DC brings the watts up right about 100w AC then it trips the GFCI.  I tried this on 3 different GFCI outlets at 3 different locations all trip charging DC at anything higher than 6 Amps DC.  I even disconnected the AC out on the inverter and put it in charger only mode, same results.  I dont have the option to use a non GFCI outlet in our storage place.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/17907/gfci-question-for-owners-with-multiplus-ii-3000w-inverter-charger

I found this thread but there are really no answers, is this just a RMA back to Victron ?

Are you sure all the settings on the Victron are correct? I plug my Tab into shore power on a 20amp outlet that is GFCI with the AC input limited to 20amps. Never have had any issues.
    edited May 13
    They seem correct to me, I lowered the AC IN limit to 5 Amps, and I cant get the DC charge over 6 Amps, This is less than 100 Watts AC, which is less than 1 Amp.

Config Below:

• Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 503
    edited May 13
    If my experience with the Multiplus II is anything to go by, you'll get no joy from Victron.  You may have to do some more diagnosis to be sure it is the Multiplus that is faulty, start by disconnecting everything except AC in and your connection to your batteries. If it still trips when charging your batteries and you bought the Multiplus from someone who'll take it back, I'd swap it out (or return it and buy a new one elsewhere) and hope for better luck with your next unit.  I wouldn't go the warranty route.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 114
    I would make sure the GFCI wiring is correct. Look closely at the neutral and ground wiring...they should only be common at one point (if at all). Is there a hot / neutral swap at the outlet? Dunno...just spitballing
    73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT