Options

T@B trailer 2007 era wiring diagram

We bought a used  2007T@B thus July and the previous owner rewired it, anybody have a wiring diagram on the wiring as it come into the trailer.  I have the lights etc, working but there is a drain on the battery and just setting it discharges in 48 hours. Anyone have any suggestions? Doug

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,283
    edited December 2022
    I bought something called a Fuse Buddy. It can be plugged into each fuse socket to find what the amperage draw is on that circuit. It's been very helpful in finding where our draws were coming from. The electric gurus here on the forum will probably have better solutions, but this has worked well for us. What size and type of battery do have and have you had it tested?

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @2coastkids, I can't help you with a diagram, Doug, but can you clarify what you mean when you state, "just setting it discharges in 48 hours"?  (I'm assuming you simply mean using power from the battery using the battery connect/disconnect switch, but I'm not sure.)

What, if anything, is turned on in the trailer during the 48 hours? 

Also, if you have a "3-way" refrigerator (i.e., battery, 120V AC, propane), are you trying to run it on the 12V battery?  Usage of the battery is only for purposes of "maintaining" the refrigerator temp, usually while you are towing.  However, it does a poor job of maintaining the temperature.  If the refrigerator is relying on the battery (unless it has high capacity, such as with a lithium battery) while the trailer is parked, that will definitely quickly run down the battery.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    @2coastkids;  Well it is interesting that the Dutchman trailers actually have a basic Factory Released Wiring Diagram . . . as the nüCamp Wiring Diagrams are all owner created/shared.

The attached image file has the Dutchman Diagram; diagram drawn in 2005 and was found in a 2008 Owners Manual
    (I do not have Owners manual or recall were I found this image on the web)

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,657
    @2coastkids The other question is: what is telling you that the battery is "discharged" in that amount of time?  A multimeter?  What, exactly?
    There are a few other parts of a DM that should be examined when looking at the battery:  the age of the battery involved, how old it is, and how well it has been taken care of.  A battery can be damaged just by sitting for a long period of time at a very low voltage.
    The other interesting item in a DM is the Shortstop fuse/circuit breaker.  If the previous owner didn't rewire this part to replace it with a now common 30 amp battery fuse, it can rust up and fail, or be "failing" and cause some issues with power.  Look for a fuse holder on the positive cable on the battery, and if there isn't one, follow the cable along the tongue.  Look for a little plastic covered "circuit breaker" and check how it looks.

A thread here with a picture/description, etc.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    2coastkids2coastkids Member Posts: 4
    Thank you everybody!  I had to replace the Shortstop fuse, it was shot.  The battery  is 1 year old. so I installed a battery disconnect to keep the battery charged.  I'm wondering if the ground wire is installed properly, going from copper wire to aluminum frame can cause a corrosion at point of contact, and will check for a worn wire somewhere.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    T@Bs of that era have parasitic draws on the battery even when it is "off" (I have a 2007 clamshell). The ceiling fan has a draw, the propane detector has a draw, the radio and/or TV has some draw. As you said, installing a cutoff switch will solve the battery drawdown.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    I'm wondering if the ground wire is installed properly, going from copper wire to aluminum frame can cause a corrosion at point of contact, and will check for a worn wire somewhere.
    The frame on DM T@Bs is galvanized steel - not aluminum.  There should not be any galvanic corrosion issues.