Options

New Tab

My dealer seems not too excited to prepare and deliver my new Tab ordered several months ago, delivered 3 days ago and sat until I discovered it had been delivered today. Misplaced the delivery documents. Confirmed docs were in the rig when delivered. What is involved preparing and briefing me on a new TAB. It should not be a big deal but one salesman said maybe by January. What was your experience with your dealer? Nucamp was stellar in responding, fulfilling order and transporting rig to dealer promptly. Maybe the salesman was joking but seemed serious.

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    So it was delivered to the dealer 3 days ago and they said maybe they can deliver it to you by January? Nope.  I'd tell them next week or I'm going somewhere else to buy.  There are lots of dealers that have in stock units now.  Not sure if you had a deposit and if so the conditions of that.   We ordered our 400 with no deposit and took delivery I think 7 days after it arrived at the dealer. They will have a schedule to fit you in for the walk through but to wait a month or more to take delivery that is unacceptable.  Our dealer called within a day or so of it arriving to schedule delivery to us.  It makes no sense that they want to keep it sitting on their lot and not get it to you.  And it's not fair to you.  If possible give them a reasonable time limit and if they can't deliver go buy some where else. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited December 2022
    I’ll give an alternate viewpoint: a good dealer will take the time to test all systems, check fit & finish, and clean off the travel grime prior to your walkthrough. This is generally handled by the service department, who are almost certainly understaffed because that’s true across the industry. If it’s a busy dealer, your rig isn’t the only one in need of prepping, others may be in line for pick up ahead of you, and doing a good job at this takes time. It’s the holiday season, and there are days in there where the dealer’s staff hopefully has time off just like everyone else. All this makes a January delivery date pretty plausible to me. (January is only 25 days away already?! Yeesh.)

Mine sat on the lot for an extra month—partly my choice as I was rearranging funds and getting other stuff dealt with, partly the dealer’s because there were installs I insisted take place prior to pickup, and one of those they outsourced, which took a couple of extra days. And partly because mine IS a busy dealer, with quite a few other walkthroughs going on the week they did mine. We discussed things as changes happened, and came to a mutually agreeable timeframe.

It’s worth talking to them to find out what the hold up is and seeing if you can come to a date that satisfies both sides.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @tomwater - unless you have already paid in full, they don’t get paid until they deliver it to you, so there is an incentive on their part.  As VictoriaP noted, they probably need to schedule it within their own service department.  I would make contact with the salesman that completed your order and ask for a specific timeline.  By saying January, they may still surprise you with an earlier delivery.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 87
    The dealer has to do paperwork, title, tax etc like a car and has to do some actual prep, install battery, LP tank, remove plastic and clean. They also need to register you for warranty coverage from Nucamp and various components. It takes some work but unless they are on vacation, they should be able to do it earlier. I'd look at the tech department walk thru YouTube video done by Princess Craft RV to get a good introduction to the camper. RV Tech Tours at Princess Craft - YouTube
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The newer TaBs with lithium battery/batteries come pre-installed.  But still need the rest of a dealer prep, which should include a through test of all the trailer’s systems before delivery to the customer.  This,way, you the buyer, don’t get any unwanted surprises…
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    tomwassertomwasser Member Posts: 5
    Wow. Thanks for responses. Did not think it would arouse so many opinions. I suggested declining sale and now am going to take delivery next Monday. I think dealer is trying to do a good job. Thank you.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    Would suggest:

-1) Visit dealership in person (if near enough to your home) and discuss with sales and service the whats and whys.

-2) If the answers don't seem just - - - Contact nüCamp about that dealership.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+