Options

Will there be a new Barefoot Forum?

RobynERobynE Member Posts: 31
Hi Moderators/Everyone,

Are there any plans/discussions to set up a Barefoot forum? I expect/hope to be taking delivery of my Barefoot mid April. I heard there will be only about 60 made for model year 23 but I think if we had a forum from the start it will really benefit future manufacturing.  

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    No plans for a new forum as far as we know - especially with only 60 units. We have managed to successfully incorporate the 400 along with the 320s as well as the Dutchman TaBs, oh, AND the Ultimate Toy Campers, too.  I think we have a fabulous resource for nuCamp products!  Maybe you can start a Facebook forum?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I think a new category within this forum is a great idea since the Barefoot has the same components and systems as the T@bs. Same Alde, Nautilius, fridge etc. No sense in starting from scratch with all the resources already here.  

There is a Nucamp Barefoot Facebook group but everytime I posted there with questions all I got were negative comments about the high price. It's not a high price if you know Nucamp quality and cost of fiberglass campers. I expect the price negativity will fade into the background though once owners start to post there.  
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The Barefoot would be best suited for the T@G and small teardrop forum and that would probably be the best area to discuss issues relating to this unit. 

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    This is a good place to share common systems knowledge, we all could benefit.  Might even learn something.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited February 2023
    Mike, the Barefoot is more like a small TaB320, not a teardrop design, so the T@G forum I think would be out of place.  I think here is the best place to discuss the Barefoot, as we have previously. 
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Yes right it basically falls between the 320 and 400 size and amenity wise, so maybe just a posting category is all that is needed? Or maybe nothing new is necessary since it's basically the same as the Tabs as far as systems. 
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    I agree with @Denny16 that due to the wet-bath the Barefoot is more like the 320 than a TAG.

But it does have one huge difference:
    -+- Fiberglass construction

So maybe an extra Category, Barefoot Specific, to capture structural questions/issues might be helpful.

Heating, Air Conditioning, water systems, and general towing won't be different {big picture wise}

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I agree MuttonChops.  Hopefully there won't be any structural issues to discuss but for sure that is major difference.  I vote for a Barefoot category that can be selected when drafting a new post. 

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    Since this forum is defined as a "T@B FORUM", unless otherwise specified all post would be assumed to be about 320's or 400's. There is already a category for T@G's to distinguish them, so having a separate Barefoot category would not be a precedent.

Another possibility would be to rename the T@G category to "Other nuCamp Products" to include the T@G, TADA, Cirrus, AVIA, Ultimate Toy .... along with the Barefoot.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler