Options

Complete list of everything we need!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @Photomom A lot of dealers automatically include a regulator. You might want to hold off before you buy the second one.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    My plan (hope?) was to store everything T@B related in or on the T@B. We are tired of having to load/unload the SUV every time we go camping. 
    After 10 seasons, I've got pretty close to having all the necessity's in/on the T@B. Depending on the trip, I can go with as little as a chair, one bin, one rug, the BAL, and my visor in the truck. Due to max weight on Dutchmen T@Bs, can't really put anything else in the T@B and really don't want to. Want to keep the inside ready without pulling stuff out in order to go to bed.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    There is a help thread here somewhere, I think from Jenn, that included a great list of things to consider.  I made a pdf and a word doc of this complete with pics.  I think I sent it to you.  Did you get it?  I'm working on a Lantern.  I had a coleman gas one but never had a lot of luck with the mantles etc.  We have some battery ones, but I'm looking for a rechargeable.  I see Goal Zero has a 250 model on their site for around 50 dollars.  I've read some negatives about the crank option though..

You might need a second trailer to carry your accessories... grin...

In line with that, there are various ideas on storage.  Maybe I should start a discussion on how people have organized stuff.  I think there is plenty of space, but it is precious and not to be wasted..
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Yes I did, Terry, thank you. It was helpful.

we have a Coleman propane lantern for use outside, and a couple of Coleman battery powered lanterns that we used in our tent. Will probably put those in an "extra" bin in the car and use them when we don't have electric. 

Have you looked at the Luci solar lanterns? If I were to buy lanterns for inside the T@B I'd consider those. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    In terms of organizing, these are the "stuff" categories I have in mind:

- Electrical - power cord, adapters, surge protector, etc.
    - Clean water - potable water hose, RV filter, pressure regulator, filler nozzle, etc.
    - Sewer stuff - rhinoflex hose, utility hose, nitrile gloves, etc.
    - Leveling/chocking stuff - Lego blocks, chocks, jack pads
    - Tools
    - Security stuff - wheel lock, tongue lock, etc.
    - "Camping" stuff - T@B awning, camp chairs, outdoor table, folding camp kitchen stand, propane stove, propane lantern, etc.

I really want at least the first 4 categories with the trailer at all times. I do not want to rummage through the garage every time we go somewhere! Will be interesting to fit it all! Pretty much everything has turned out to be lots bulkier than I imagined, never having had any RV experience. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,478
    Photomom said:

Massive Amazon Prime delivery today - the guy had to use a hand cart. When our T@B arrives we'll be ready! (I think we'll need more bins though.)

Photomom, when your T@B arrives I think you're gonna need a bigger camper.  ;-)

Hope it gets here soon!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The trouble with these lists - you'll need a stepvan for a TV to haul everything.
  • Options
    I challenge anyone to look at my pile of stuff and find something we won't need! (Well, except maybe the party lights.)
  • Options
    ScottG said:
    Photomom said:

Photomom, when your T@B arrives I think you're gonna need a bigger camper.  ;-)

Hope it gets here soon!
    Well if it doesn't get here soon, I'm gonna go buy a Scamp!
  • Options
    See, there ya go, it starts with party lights and who knows where it will end up - for proof, just look at the thread - Show Us Your Setup :-)
  • Options
    SistaBSistaB Member Posts: 9
    Hello, I am ordering my T@B later this year, gotta finish school first :( I am looking for a shopping list for items that I will need. Photomom and ScottG is it possible to have a copy of yours. jkJenn I think you have a list too, did you post it? If so where will I find it please?  Scott I took a screen shot of your Amazon delivery but am not sure what the items under the wheel chocks are, would you mind sharing that info. This forum is great I am learning so much from everyone, thank you. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Photomom did take a great shot of her basics, didn't she? :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Jenn's list is the one I started from. Rather than just buying everything in the list I recommend reading about and understanding what each thing does first, then you will be in a better position to choose what will work best for you. I hate to even mention leveling devices for fear of wandering into the weeds yet again, but that is one area where there are several choices, and there's info (and opinions) about all of them here. 

As as it has now been SEVEN months since we ordered our T@B, I have used the time to read the forum thoroughly (actually started before we ordered when we were deciding what to get). I literally started with the oldest post be worked my way forward, starring the most interesting and useful conversations. 
  • Options
    What Photomon says - Until you've actually settled into a style of camping, it's hard to know what will work and what won't. Many of us learned the hard way by buying and then getting rid of or replacing stuff. Most of the stuff in her photo you will need. Camping styles vary so much. I've met minimalists that have never fired up the Alde or fridge (use as cooler) to those with everything including the kitchen sink (set up outdoors).
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,478
    SistaB said:
    Hello, I am ordering my T@B later this year, gotta finish school first :( I am looking for a shopping list for items that I will need. Photomom and ScottG is it possible to have a copy of yours. jkJenn I think you have a list too, did you post it? If so where will I find it please?  Scott I took a screen shot of your Amazon delivery but am not sure what the items under the wheel chocks are, would you mind sharing that info. This forum is great I am learning so much from everyone, thank you. 
    SistaB, that was Photomom's Amazon delivery. I'd share my list if I had one, but mostly things just develop in my head as needed. Happy shopping!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SistaBSistaB Member Posts: 9
    Thanks everyone. Photo mom, that was a delivery and a half! Thanks for sharing it and jkJenn thanks for the list. Much appreciated.