Options

Do you need to take a Tab to a Tab/Nucamp dealer to get it serviced?

The closest Tab dealer to me is several hours away, whereas I have a couple of RV maintenance places where I live. Is there anything a Tab dealer would know that my local place wouldn't?

And is there a recommended service schedule? I have a 2021 TAB, but I bought it used.

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 458
    For the most part any RV place can do basic maintenance tasks, the one hurdle is the Alde system which is not very common. Ask if they have experience with those. Things like brakes or wheel bearings are not different from other trailers. 
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited May 2023
    @immanence, I agree with @Grumpy_G.  A good alternative source for wheel bearing and brake service is a shop that sells and services trailers used for hauling stuff (not for camping), like flatbeds or small enclosed trailers (i.e., those that are similar to those rented by U-Haul.)  You will likely get much faster service there than if you take it to an RV repair shop, because they often too busy and end up hanging on to your trailer for an extended period.  Plumbing and electrical repairs can be obtained at most any RV dealer/repair shop.  Also, there may be a mobile RV repair service nearby that will come to you if that is more convenient.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    immanenceimmanence Member Posts: 100
    Thanks to you both! Should the Alde system be serviced if it is working fine? Or would that just be like bleeding the lines?
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    @immanence The Alde requires a flush and fill of the glycol every two years. Not the easiest of DIY jobs, though we have a few folks who have done it. As mentioned above, most RV techs are not going to be familiar with the Alde, or stock the special glycol required, so that service may require a nuCamp dealer.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited May 2023
    @immanence, Alde recommends that the glycol fluid be changed every two years, but many owners (including myself) have gone longer between changes.  There are many views on it, but a lot depends on how much you use your Alde and when it was last changed.  If you can contact the previous owner and find out whether it was already changed, and how much it has been used, that would help.  However, since you have a 2021 model, you are probably good for now, but everyone's situation is different.

You should become familiar with how the Alde operates and where your Alde glycol holding tank is located.  Your best bet is completely review the Alde manual (and any other manuals you received with the trailer.)  You will want to check on the glycol fluid level occasionally, especially before each trip.  The fluid level should be approximately 1/2" above the minimum ("MIN") mark, which is labeled on the side of the tank.  Check the fluid level when the tank is cool/cold (i.e., not just recently used for heating.)

You can use the "Search" box at the top of the Forum page to search for just about any topic on this site.  There is a ton of info available.  Also, look at the various categories on the left side of the Forum page for helpful resources on specific topics.  Depending on your level of RV experience, you may have a bit of a learning curve ahead of you, but many of your questions can be answered by reviewing prior posts by other T@B owners.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
    Airstream also uses Alde, and some dealers will service the Alde in your T@B.  I had mine serviced by the Connecticut Airstream dealer. 
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    immanenceimmanence Member Posts: 100