Options

2024 Tab 320 S Changes?

I might be a little early on this, but is there any information on upcoming changes for the 2024 Tab 320?  I have my eye on a 2023 (Boondock with lithium package), but I was not really planning to make a purchase until early next year.  If there were any enhancements coming-- or perhaps changes that I might not want-- it might help with my decision.  It looked like there were some announcements about the 2023 changes in early October last year.

And I'm fairly new to this forum, so if I should have looked somewhere specific for this information, please feel free to scold me!

Thanks!
2024 Tab320 S - Black Canyon - "C-ThreeTwoO"
Honda Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    edited November 2023
    The 2024 models are available (model year release starts in July of previous year).  Looks like, at most, only colors and graphics may have changed. (Edit - sorry, these are not the 2024 model after all!)

Here is the 320:  https://www.tomscamperland.com/product/new-2021-nucamp-rv-nu-camp-t%40b-tab-320s-boondock-1411506-102

Here is a 400 walk through video:  https://youtu.be/OSnrDIopnDs?si=ckMGu0E0j_kB7plh
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    EasternJLEasternJL Member Posts: 33
    Thanks, Sharon!  I saw this ad, but just figured they were just using 2023's specs.  This is good information.  
    Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    AUTiger83AUTiger83 Member Posts: 12
    The link for the 320S is for a 2021 model, not the upcoming 2024.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Hmmm, interesting. Looking at the pictures from the ad, it looks like they've gone back to the separate outside showers for the 320. I thought in the 2023 model year, they had a different Nautilus that combined the outside shower.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    EasternJLEasternJL Member Posts: 33
    Yeah the link says 2021, but it's hard to say what the pictures are for.  My guess is the folks are just using old pictures to pre-sell 320's they don't yet have in stock.  
    Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    I really like the new wood grain look on the 400 but it makes me wonder if it is actually solid birch ply like the old ones or a veneer? 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Oh, now I see the 320 linked above says “On Order”🤨. Sorry.  We need someone with a 2024 model to step forward!
  • Options
    den1jenden1jen Member Posts: 15
    Just joined Tab group and one thing Nucamp told me was the interior height is now 71" vs 69" in previous years. I am attaching a new tri-fold Nucamp customer experience sent me the other day. Hope it helps
    2023 Tab 400 BD
    2023 Ram 1500 crew cab
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Interesting that they increased the height. That must have taken some engineering changes. Thanks for sharing. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Thanks @den1jen for information 'tri-fold'.
    Interior does look nice, more like the earlier year light woods.

Now if nüCamp will provide [1] a Window A/C (option) for the Air8,
            a [2] black tank option for the cassette,

and bring [3] back the SeeLevel Tank monitor . . .
            I'd reconsider buying another 320 when my '18 gets well used.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,190
    The tongue weight on the 400 has increased slightly it looks like. I wonder if lithium batteries shift a bit of weight to the front?
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    AUTiger83 said:
    The link for the 320S is for a 2021 model, not the upcoming 2024

I just have to give you a "War Eagle"
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    bjn2bjn2 Member Posts: 86
    Hmmm, interesting. Looking at the pictures from the ad, it looks like they've gone back to the separate outside showers for the 320. I thought in the 2023 model year, they had a different Nautilus that combined the outside shower.
    The 2023 has the Nautilus P3 valve box with exterior shower fitting and controls. There's an LED light in the box, pump switch, and coax connectors as well. 
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    The new lineup brochure shows two smaller solar panels on the 320s Boondock. If they output the same ~100W peak power, it looks like there's room to add two more.
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    StevenJStevenJ Member Posts: 13
    We just got word that our 2024 T@B 320 CS-S is going into production next week.  From what I understand the changes are interior wallpaper color, elm cabinets, and the galley design is changed.  They are now using a 45L 12v slide in cooler instead of a built in fridge.  Over the cooler is a removable cutting board which needs to be tilted in order to access the cooler (or you can just pull the cutting board out).  I can post any other changes here.  I think the only other minor change is that the door frame is black, not white.  We have ordered ours with the Lithium package as well.  
    2024 T@B 320 CS-S  "Arvey 2"
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport "Lunar Taco"
    Chapel Hill, NC
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    StevenJ said:
    We just got word that our 2024 T@B 320 CS-S is going into production next week.  From what I understand the changes are interior wallpaper color, elm cabinets, and the galley design is changed.  They are now using a 45L 12v slide in cooler instead of a built in fridge.  Over the cooler is a removable cutting board which needs to be tilted in order to access the cooler (or you can just pull the cutting board out).  I can post any other changes here.  I think the only other minor change is that the door frame is black, not white.  We have ordered ours with the Lithium package as well.  
    Honestly I think that the switch from the Norcold front-door fridge to a top loading cooler is a huge improvement and something that should have been done a long time ago. A dealer in the NW (Apache) used to get Pleasant Valley to build the CS for them this way. I think that the 12v cooler will be more efficient and suffer a lot less temperature gain whenever it's opened. The change also means that you'll have a flush counter (even if it is a cutting board), which will be way more usable than the raised counter in the earlier models. I assume that you'll be able to move the cooler in and out of the camper, which will open up a lot of food transport options. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    StevenJStevenJ Member Posts: 13
    Marceline said:

Honestly I think that the switch from the Norcold front-door fridge to a top loading cooler is a huge improvement and something that should have been done a long time ago. A dealer in the NW (Apache) used to get Pleasant Valley to build the CS for them this way. I think that the 12v cooler will be more efficient and suffer a lot less temperature gain whenever it's opened. The change also means that you'll have a flush counter (even if it is a cutting board), which will be way more usable than the raised counter in the earlier models. I assume that you'll be able to move the cooler in and out of the camper, which will open up a lot of food transport options. 
    I agree about the cooler.  My first reaction was bummed to not have the standard fridge. But I think that the level counter and especially the cutting board will be extremely useful.  When we set up our kitchen we can pull out the cutting board and use it elsewhere.  And we can use the 12v fridge at times where we aren't using the trailer which will be great!
    2024 T@B 320 CS-S  "Arvey 2"
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport "Lunar Taco"
    Chapel Hill, NC
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    StevenJ said:
    I agree about the cooler.  My first reaction was bummed to not have the standard fridge. But I think that the level counter and especially the cutting board will be extremely useful.  When we set up our kitchen we can pull out the cutting board and use it elsewhere.  And we can use the 12v fridge at times where we aren't using the trailer which will be great!
    I think that 45L cooler has more capacity than the fridge, too. I have a 42L electric cooler and I can't fit everything from the cooler into the Norcold. And the tall counter has been so useless to me that I recently added this Yakima counter. I honestly think that your arrangement is way better. Enjoy!

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    I agree.  Big improvement.  Our ARB has worked well for us.  

Here is the 2024 model in Mandy’s video.  Notice that the counter is lower - a good thing!
    https://youtu.be/i1WPis2S72s?si=eBsSdzxlUnH1HUor

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    edited November 2023
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    One of the ways they increased the ceiling height is by losing the 1x2 wood framing around the ceiling fan. They now mount the fan nearly flush with the ceiling, and the lift knob has been moved to the far corner instead of the near corner where it's less likely to intersect with a head.
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    YellowTJYellowTJ Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a 2024 320S Boondock with the Black Canyon package.  There are quite a few updates on them.  You now get 1 lithium battery, Auto Detect Converter an external Solar port and a Victron smart shunt with the convenience package.  The Black Canyon Package doubles the solar panels to 380W (2 190W panels), adds under chassis lighting and heated fresh and gray water tanks.  The Lithium upgrade is now just adding a second battery and the Victron MultiPass Inverter/Charger. 

• Options
    Perhaps WFCO has updated their Never Detect AD converter. I'm just ignoring ours and using a Victron charger to bring our LiFePo up to full charge.
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
    Wow. Heated tanks? Really 4 season build? How exciting! 
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
    Interesting to look at the specs on the trifold. The classic lists a tongue weight of 163 pounds dry- just what a CAT scale confirmed on my 2020 320S non boondock a few days ago. Seems to me it might be hard to get the tongue weight up to the desired minimum10 percent of the trailer weight without very careful loading. Just scratching my head here...
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266
    I would be interested to know more about the heated tanks.  I will try to send my questions to Nucamp and report back with any responses.  First, I'm wondering if Nucamp could provide after-market parts that I could install on my 2021 T@B.  Secondly, I wonder how much energy the tank heaters would normally consume.  I understand that it would vary due to outside temperatures and insulation, but I mainly 'boondock' and would probably not consider the upgrade if it was only feasible on shore power.  
  • Options
    otr_320otr_320 Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2023
    YellowTJ said:
    We just purchased a 2024 320S Boondock with the Black Canyon package.  There are quite a few updates on them.  You now get 1 lithium battery, Auto Detect Converter an external Solar port and a Victron smart shunt with the convenience package.  The Black Canyon Package doubles the solar panels to 380W (2 190W panels), adds under chassis lighting and heated fresh and gray water tanks.  The Lithium upgrade is now just adding a second battery and the Victron MultiPass Inverter/Charger.  
    Congrats on your new '24!  The Black Canyon Pkg is a useful, functional upgrade.  Wish that had been available in '23.

The NuCamp website says the 2024 320 Lithium Battery Upgrade includes a 400ah battery bank (with heat) plus the Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter/charger.  If true, that's a big upgrade vs. 2023's 200ah battery bank & Multiplus 2000. No doubt there's a corresponding bump in price, too. If the 400ah bank is 4, 100ah Battleborn batteries, have to wonder where they found the space to install them.

Get the impression NuCamp is still using the infamous WFCO auto-detect converter---disappointing.  Not sure I understand the logic of using this under-performing converter alongside the more top-tier Victron and Battleborn components.  I believe a Progressive Dynamic powercenter/converter would be a much better choice---superior charging performance at the same price point.

It'll be interesting to find out what make/model heating panels they're using on the tanks.  Would be nice if they can be installed DIY without too much hassle.
  • Options
    bobctwinbobctwin Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2023
    I'm still wrapping my head around the NuCamp ordering process.
    As a result of my questions, the NuCamp website is being corrected regarding the 320-S Lithium Battery Upgrade.  The 320-S page has one remaining error as of this date.

The Lithium Battery Upgrade still shows the TAB 400 3000W Multi-Plus inverter rather than the correct 2000W Multi-Plus for the 320-S.
    When this Lithium Battery upgrade is configured at the factory, the WFCO converter/distribution panel is replaced with a simple WFCO distribution only panel.

I'm still not sure how a standard 2024 unit with a lithium battery and units with just the Black Canyon upgrade are constructed.  

1) Is the now standard lithium battery housed in the front propane storage bin of the standard 320-S?

2) Does the position of the battery change with the Convenience Package?

3) Is the Black Canyon upgrade lithium battery housed:
        a) up front in the propane bin?
        b) in the driver side under-bench with the WFCO converter?
        c) like the lithium upgrade, housed in the camp-side under-bench area?

@YellowTJ, Can you share details on your Black Canyon construction?

Thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2023
    @bobctwin - if you want to catch a member’s attention “call” them by preceding their I’d with an “@“.  If they have selected to be notified in their preferences, they should receive the message.