Options

cant get keys so need to replace the locks

I am very Frustrated , We loved our Tab  2018 320  so we decide go new.   The problem is we looked at a Nucamp dealer several hours away and they had just sold the last 2022 new  . So we found a used 2022 and we bought it but  it only had 2 door keys and 1 clam shell key I have spent 2 months trying to get a couple of keys made.  The Dealer is upset we did not buy from them,  so they told me contact Nucamp . I called they want me go to dealer that told me they would have to get to it when they could . I wished I had bought something else  we are leaving to travel out of state and now i still dont have any keys. So my question is is there an lock I can replace my clam shell locks with so I have keys I dont want to keep leaving the clam shell unlocked and having 1 key is a bad idea. I want toreplace with simular locks so every thing looks factory ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
Joel

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    I know that the main door on the new T@Bs comes from Europe and there's some weirdness about the lock, but aren't the locks on the clamshell galley a garden-variety T-handle? Have you tried to get a hardware store to duplicate just that key (not the main door key)? Or if you can see the name of the manufacturer on the T-handle or the key maybe you can go straight to the T-handle maker. It looks like a T-handle itself isn't very expensive ($10-15) if you want to try to just replace them. I've had good luck buying parts from eTrailer.com

You could also try a completely different NuCamp dealer. Some of them have better reputations for helping with parts.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    All dealers are not the same when it comes to ordering parts.
    Missouri Teardrops can handle this for you.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    jhpricejhprice Member Posts: 5
    I am sorry but to have to deal with some one 3 states awy wont work , I am handy and can do most services to the trailer my self but to have to get parts from so far away is just not my dream customer exspereince. This I DONT UNDERSTAND IT IS JUST A DOOR KEY. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    edited September 2023
    Sorry for your frustration, but, nuCamp decided a while ago that all parts must be ordered via a dealer.  I believe there are options to have factory items drop shipped directly to you which may be faster.  I second Missouri Teardrop - they have floated to the top for parts ordering.  Miller in PA is also helpful.

I think Marceline has a good idea if you are handy.  Just replace both hatch handles and locks.  Did you try a locksmith?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jhpricejhprice Member Posts: 5
    Lock smith wants a 200.00 call but after searching there apparently is a big need for keys there is a web site that has all trailer keys available including NUcamp and the are sending me the keys at retail cost so and they charge 15..00 to rush ship have them by Wednesdays . if an want the website  pm me i dont want to advertise them here .that is not my intention I just wanted Nucamp to know what I had to go thru over this issue. If they dont know how hard it is to get customer service some one must tell them
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @jhprice - sorry, but nuCamp does not monitor the forums.  Feel free to email them at help@nucamprv.com.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    AndreOAndreO Member Posts: 69
    That is truly a shame, nuCamp should be monitoring the forum.. they are missing an amazing informationonal resource. How thier products are used, issues people are having and enhancements they could implement for future products. Companies pay millions on research to collect such information that nuCamp could
    get for a nominal cost.
    AndreO
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Tab 400
    Ford F150 2.7 Lariat
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,438
    @AndreO, nuCamp sponsors (i.e., pays for) this forum for the benefit of their customers. Although nuCamp staff does not regularly monitor discussions or post comments, suggestions and complaints do get passed to them via the forum admins and moderators. Many of the features on current model T@Bs started out as ideas or DIY retrofits that first came to light here.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    edited October 2023
    Find a locksmith with a store and take the keys there.  They can be quite helpful and reasonably priced.  It's the service call that's expensive.
    If you have to find the blanks online, most local hardware stores can cut them to match your original.
    The T handles on the CS hatch are very common on pick-up truck caps.  Keys or new handles should be readily available.