• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Let’s see a picture @washburn.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2020
    Lark,
    Thank you for sharing this information! I've been searching the internet to find the best way to fit my new (new to me) 2018 T@B 320S in my garage. I haven't picked it up from the RV dealer yet since I live in an HOA and have to make accommodations for the new addition first.

Daveincaz, TrailerBoy, washburn and stevenmotta,
    You all rock! It's looking pretty positive that I'll be able to do this and won't have to park 45 mins away from home on a friend's outdoor lot. Yes, money is an issue for indoor parking but I'm also vehemently opposed to paying for storage!
    2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    washburn said:
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! I was able to get my T@B 320 in my garage. Mine was a lot more challenging than anyone else's. I originally had 82" height to work with so I had to find effectively 7". I also have a ledge and an incline into my garage. Had to cut out excess trim pieces and 2x4's (don't worry, I didn't cut the header). I also purchased a 2,000 pound winch to winch it into the garage with a remote; works great. One weakness of previous posts was how to handle the front; I ended up going to Northern Tool and purchasing a 3" dolly type wheel that could hold 600 pounds and just bolted it on the front so it would roll on that and the 2 rims. After fully lowered, it was 83.5" tall; I know because it touched the super fan as I was bringing it in.

Do you have a link for the 3" dolly type wheel?
    Would you provide a pic of the opening (garage with door opened) showing your driveway incline with the front of your trailer please?
    Also, if you have a pic of your winch setup up that would be great too.
    TIA ;)
  • Options
    @ReenieG - when you want a specific member to notice your post, make sure to precede their name with “@“.  They will receive a notification in the form of an email or Pop up on the forum site.  You can also note if the member is active or not and may benefit by a private message.  Just click on their ID and look at their profile page.  Try that with Washburn.
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM ok, thanks!
  • Options
    Would you please explain how you use that 2x4 stand? TIA ;)
  • Options
    huanvanhohuanvanho Member Posts: 47
    edited October 2020
    do you have to take off the cover and the fan on top of T@B? If I don't what is the height? How do you push the trailer in the garage?
  • Options
    RogerCRogerC Member Posts: 25
    Hi all.  Excited to be picking up a 2021 320S Boondock next week!  We live half the year here in Idyllwild at 6500 foot elevation and the other half in the desert of Palm Springs.  Would be a huge benefit to be able to park the T@B in the garage while in Palm Springs.  I know the Boondock is taller than the standard model and it's probably a long-shot, but...   has anyone ever heard of a way to lower a Boondock enough to clear the 84" garage challenge?     
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock / 2022 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Sport / Idyllwild CA
  • Options
    HopsHops Member Posts: 48
    Maybe if you take off the wheels - I've seen that done-but it seems like quite a chore.
    Hops and Cascade
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
    2014 Ford Escape 2.0 EcoBoost
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Welcome @RogerC. IIRC, there are several discussion here on this topic. The most common solutions indeed involve removing or replacing the wheels. It's s till a tight fit and I don't know if this strategy works for the taller Boondock. A quick search should turn up more info and options.  

Personally, I agree with @Hops that this is more trouble than it is worth, but owners have various good reasons why they want to park their T@Bs inside, so YMMV!  
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @Hops , Thanks for the suggestion.  From what I've read, only taking off the wheels let's a non-Boondock just barely squeeze under the 84" garage.  The Boondock being 4" taller (according to nucamp website), something more would need to be done. 

Still hoping for a solution, as I'd like to use the TAB as an office during the winter when we're in Palm Springs, but HOA won't allow it to be stored outside of the garage.   
  • Options
    @ScottG , I hear you... does seem like a chore.  But in my case, I'd only need to work in and out of the garage once a year.  It would be under cover when we're at our home up in Idyllwild.   
  • Options
    This will be an interesting project. With my HOA I have to wheel it behind the house into a side yard, I use a hitch dolly to do it. It'll be interesting to see how low your Boondock will go. I imagine there are some Boondock owners here that can give you some clear measurements without a tire and without a wheel.  
    Hops and Cascade
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
  • Options
    84" (a 7 ft garage opening).....I think a Boondock is 95" so finding the ability lower the height over a foot may be impossible. But I've heard the quote, "Impossible means extremely difficult"; so perhaps a glimmer of mechanical genius and fortitude will prevail. 
    Hops and Cascade
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
  • Options
    I recall one or two owners who were able to enlarge their garage doors. Obviously that depends on a number of factors--as well as your level of ambition--but it's possible under the right circumstances.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Hops said:
    84" (a 7 ft garage opening).....I think a Boondock is 95" so finding the ability lower the height over a foot may be impossible. But I've heard the quote, "Impossible means extremely difficult"; so perhaps a glimmer of mechanical genius and fortitude will prevail. 
    I guess Hops is correct.  I never measured my trailer height.  ( 2018 302S Boondock).  But my garage door height is 96” and I clear by about an inch.  After eyeballing situation,  I just slowly, very slowly rolled it back into the garage using my manual trailer dolly.  Keep in mind the highest point of my trailer is the toilet vent cap.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    @GatorEgg - Unless it has changed, the black tank vent is on the driver side wall near the front.  The A/C air intake stack is on the roof.
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    I had a 2016 T@B and bought a set of rims for $20 and took them to a welding shop and they laser cut the flanges off and every time I bought the trailer home (I was in an HOA) I had to unload and then take off the wheels and put the cut downs on and it got old fast.
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    @GatorEgg - Unless it has changed, the black tank vent is on the driver side wall near the front.  The A/C air intake stack is on the roof.
    Cool.  I just went out and looked, never paid that much attention before.  I do know the “stack” on top is my highest point.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited March 2022
    Not sure about the TaB320, but the vent screen on the lower front of the left side of the TaB400 is the CoolCat AC air intake.  I know some older 320’s have the AC air intake on Driver’s side, either low down or high near the roof.  Isn’t the plumbing vent on the roof?  On the TaB400, the black tank vents into the drain system vent on the roof (black pipe on roof in middle left side area.  
    Here is a shot of the plumbing vents on the TaB400 which are in the wall behind the fold down sink:

On TaB400, Red arrow is black tank vent, blue arrow is plumbing drain vent, green arrow is pipe to roof where this exits the TaB400.
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Denny - GatorEgg has a 320.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited March 2022
    @Sharon_is_SAM  Sorry, my bad, thought you were referring to the 400  :confused: edited my post.
    I see now that he has a 2018 TaB320, should have picked up on this.

This is a 2018 TaB320 build photo, so the red arrow is the plumbing vent and the blue circle is the AC vent?  Very interesting to see the difference. 

Thanks agin Sharon for bringing this to my attention.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    huanvanhohuanvanho Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2022
    Washburn:  I have the same problem. I only have only 82.5" clearance. Did you also use the 12" Rim with 5 holes on 4.5.  I wonder if I can use the 10" RIM with 5 holes on 4.5 would make it lower than  the 12"Rim.  DO you have the part number for the 3"dolly type wheel?  Did you have to remove anything on top? Do you have a photo? Thanks very much
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @huanvanho @washburn has not been active on this forum in over 2 years. @washburn made only one post, the one you are referring to. You might try a pm (private message) to get a response. If you do not use the"@" before a member's identifier, they do not receive a notification that you are trying to reach them. Good luck with this. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    @huanvanho, I'm not certain, but I think the 10" rim might not fit over the existing brake drum.
    2015 T@B S