Options

What's the small box for behind the shower door in my T@B Max CS/S?

thomlinzthomlinz Member Posts: 12
In the shower, behind the toilet, is a little door. Inside 
the door, mounted to the corner is a plastic container.
A tube hangs from this container into open space. I'm
assuming this is some type of "overflow". Couldn't
find "squat" (pun intended) in the owners manual. Can someone
clue me in?
t@b sofitel max cs/s - Heartland USA

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    This is some type of holding tank. Seems to have an overflow tube like a radiator. The water pump is under the
    sink in the clamshell but thanks for the thought.
  • Options
    here's a clue! whattha?
  • Options
    Looks like the holding/overflow tank for the Alde. What model T@B do you have? My "MaxS" has the water pump in that door and the Alde tank back behind the back bench.
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    That's where my Alde tank is. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    2015 sofitel cs/s max. Hope that resivour never fills and spills over in the space back there.
    They realy should have an individual manual for each model they sell. I'm very pleased with it thus far but it seems like there is way too much left to know even after studying the books cover to cover.
  • Options
    Norm, I think you've hit the nail on the head. My guess now is it would be very unusual for the glycol to expand 
    enough to overflow. Thanks friend!
  • Options
    I believe the overflow hose should exit the trailer through the floor. However I can't prove that one. 

• Options
    If you keep the glycol level between the lines, it shouldn't overflow.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    PX is correct as I received this from Ed Kauffman at the factory this morning:

The hose he’s referring to comes out of the Alde heater's Glycol fill tank and is a breather hose only, not a drain. It’s designed to allow pressure to escape from the boiler due to expansion of the Glycol as it’s being heated.

It will not leak fluid if the tank is filled to its proper level.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VagabondsVagabonds Member Posts: 35
    New T@b owner--took delivery October 2015 but just now really getting to use it and get to know all the systems.
    I have read the forum for this info but couldn't find a definitive answer....Looked for the elusive Alde glycol tank today.  Have read through the forum and it makes sense it would be in the hatch behind the toilet in the CS-S; this is the only place I did not look today :-/  Is this its hiding place?
    I also checked all the valves for correct camping season position (which are under the sink in the clamshell area) against a photo found here and we have 6 vs. 5 valves.  They are also in different positions from the photo.  So I basically judged the correct position from whether it was parallel or perpendicular to the pipe.  Is this "probably" correct? We have a CS-S 2016 version I believe and added a kitchen sink and cabinet inside the T@b.
    Many Thanks in advance T@b gurus!
    Pam (and the husband..+2 golden retrievers)--2016 T@b M@x CS-S Sofitel (towed by a 2015 Jeep WrglrUnlim Rubicon)
  • Options
    That is where mine hides out. 2015 CS-S

• Options
    Thanks Norm!
    I am hoping it is there when I check tomorrow. Also , being non-mechanically-inclined I wish the valves were just labeled summer and winter!  =)
    Pam (and the husband..+2 golden retrievers)--2016 T@b M@x CS-S Sofitel (towed by a 2015 Jeep WrglrUnlim Rubicon)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Vagabonds said:
    Thanks Norm!
    I am hoping it is there when I check tomorrow. Also , being non-mechanically-inclined I wish the valves were just labeled summer and winter!  =)
    I labeled my own valves by putting labels on the floor next to each valve. "Summer" or "Winter" next to each valve, with a line drawn on the label for whichever is the correct direction. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Vagabonds said:
    So I basically judged the correct position from whether it was parallel or perpendicular to the pipe.  Is this "probably" correct?
    Yes, parallel is open, and perpendicular is closed. In either case, the specific direction the valve is pointing does not matter.

Keep in mind a few specialty valves look and work differently. For example, in my 2015 S, the valve to drain the Alde HW tank is a plastic yellow handle you pull up (perpendicular to the line) to open.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I LOVE V and her label maker!!! <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Thanks Verna! I think I may do that!  
    I was just researching something else and found your post about this and your labelmaker. :)
    I am thinking a labelmaker sounds like something I need!
  • Options
    Thanks Scott G!  I also have the yellow lever/valve and discovered it drained water out under the trailer.  The whole checking of the valves started because I touched them when I probably just should have left them alone! (what does this do?...curiosity)  :s
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Vagabonds said:
    Thanks Scott G!  I also have the yellow lever/valve and discovered it drained water out under the trailer.  The whole checking of the valves started because I touched them when I probably just should have left them alone! (what does this do?...curiosity)  :s
    Nothin' wrong with that! While reading about stuff on the internet can be helpful, experience is still the best teacher. Sometimes you just gotta' roll up your sleeves and start tinkering!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You know, if the factory would stick labels like Verna's on, it would save new owners a whole lot of heart ache. That's a cheap and easy solution.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    jkjenn said:
    You know, if the factory would stick labels like Verna's on, it would save new owners a whole lot of heart ache. That's a cheap and easy solution.
    Yes, it would be wonderful! Yet, I still have a lot of "building of the T@B" debris under the seats on that side. I keep vacuuming it up and it breeds under the benches. I'm gonna wait to see if V's labels remain stuck to the floor. I think they'd stay for at least a couple seasons. Label maker labels don't have good general sticky stuff on them. White or light colored electrical tape and a sharpie would work too, but then.. the neatness and straight lines of a label maker!!!! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Ratkity said:
    jkjenn said:
    Yes, it would be wonderful! Yet, I still have a lot of "building of the T@B" debris under the seats on that side. I keep vacuuming it up and it breeds under the benches. I'm gonna wait to see if V's labels remain stuck to the floor. I think they'd stay for at least a couple seasons. Label maker labels don't have good general sticky stuff on them. White or light colored electrical tape and a sharpie would work too, but then.. the neatness and straight lines of a label maker!!!! :)
    I tried using a Sharpie first. I'm not s 15 year old ambidextrous kid who can write legibly on the floor while not bending the wrist and just holding the top of the Sharpie!  I couldn't even read it!

It was so nice to go outside at midnight (long story, I got interrupted and sidetracked on my winterizing task earlier) and have the confidence to just look at each label and move each valve to the correct position.  The Alde water heater drained on the ground, nothing blew up--GREAT!  I am so glad I spent so much time on the labels!

The labels are still stuck (knock on wood).  I did use a cordless Dust Buster and a damp rag to get all of the visible sawdust out of there (where does it hide??? There's still more in there!).  I'm going to look for a clear tape to put over the labels to keep them stuck to the floor. It's yet another entry on my Verna-do list.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”