Options

New for 2016

2»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    May have to install the digital control I've had under the seat for a year - looks nice. Completely forgot about it when I was doing my warranty repairs and had the tools.
    Wait, you have a gadget I don't have?????? :o

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Hey, PXLated, I can try it out in my T@B to make sure it works. I'll even do the installation  =)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The reason it's not installed is you have to cut a bigger hole and make a baseplate for it.
    Was suppose to be to me on a Wednesday but FedEx didn't deliver until Friday. Threw it under the seat and hit the road 15 minutes later. When I had tools, I forgot about it because it'd been sitting under the seat boxed up for a year. This thread reminded me - "Oh ya, I got one of them"
    Jenn - As amazing as it may be, I do have a gizmo you don't have. Bet that will change soon though :-)
  • Options
    How big of a back plate do you need? How thick, and what flavor of hardwood? Verna's wood shop to the rescue. I've been cleaning out a lot of scrap wood. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - Don't know, took it out of the box just to see what it looked like and put it right back in. Just remember the email from LG at the time noting those two requirements. I think it's narrower but longer. The plate's needed to cover up the existing hole.
  • Options
    Give me some dimensions and I'll have it with me in AZ.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    When you headin out? Can't dig it out right now but will.
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199

I sent an email to LG asking about the new Adle control panel, here is their response for those thinking about the new touch pad upgrade.

Alde Touch Screen Panel - $162.91 

Alde Cabel for Touch Screen - $16.99

Trim Ring - $20.00

plus shipping

To install this you will need to remove the current controller and connect the wiring to the touch screen panel. The trim ring, the size for the current controller is larger than the touch screen one so we need to install the trim ring for the new controller. 

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    Jenn - As amazing as it may be, I do have a gizmo you don't have. Bet that will change soon though :-)
    At the moment I don't see a huge need for it for me.... but, you never know.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jenn - That's why mine's still in the box - nice but not necessary.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    excellent!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    PXLated said:
    When you headin out? Can't dig it out right now but will.
    I'll be in Gulf Shores for New Years, and I'll be out at Quartsite the 3rd week of January. Except for 4 gatherings, I'll be just going wherever. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    It sure is pretty in the picture =)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2015
    Does the Alde screen turn off at all (ie: no back-light, completely dark)?

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    JuslouJuslou Member Posts: 9
    ChanW said:
    Does the Alde screen turn off at all (ie: no back-light, completely dark)?

Hi ChanW, Yes, it does when the Power button is pressed. 
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Very nice!!!
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    davidahrensdavidahrens Member Posts: 5
    Darn, we got our CS-S on Oct 22 and it had the old control box, not the new one. Very nice!

Dave & Sheila Ahrens, Newport News, VA 2016 T@B CS-S Max
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited November 2015
    Juslou said:
    We have taken delivery of our 2016 Tab Max S and, as promised, here are photos of the Alde touchscreen (including ability to set a thermostat) and the Garnet tank/battery monitor. As an added bonus we discovered our Tab ("Stormy") also has an outdoor shower - very nice! 

I'd be curious to see where the SeeLevel ll tank monitor was mounted inside your trailer.  Can you post up a shot of it?  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    JuslouJuslou Member Posts: 9
    Juslou said:
    We have taken delivery of our 2016 Tab Max S and, as promised, here are photos of the Alde touchscreen (including ability to set a thermostat) and the Garnet tank/battery monitor. As an added bonus we discovered our Tab ("Stormy") also has an outdoor shower - very nice! 

I'd be curious to see where the SeeLevel ll tank monitor was mounted inside your trailer.  Can you post up a shot of it?  
    Sure, Mike, here you go:

• Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
    edited March 2016
    Has anybody upgraded and installed the new color touch screen and what was final cost on it. Thank you. Sure does look nice and much more user friendly
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited March 2016
    Tony, are you talking about the touch-screen thermostat? I installed it yesterday. It was the easiest thing I've ever done - messy, but easy. Making the hole larger wasn't as clean cut as I could have done it with a dremel or router. The trim piece barely covered the old hole and the 2 screws holding the trim piece aren't really far enough outside the thermostat hole. I might make a new trim piece that is a little larger. I wish I could steal Verna for a few moments. I bet she could scroll some edge designs that would make everyone jealous! So much talent!!

All I did for the install was to just pull up the copious amounts of wire from the old analog thermostat and the matching end plug to the digital thermostat was right there. Plugged it in and voila, done. There is LOTS of wire length. It's not hurting anything behind the shower, so I left it. My television isn't in that area, so there's nothing else in the way.

I don't have the tank level thingie. Sorta want to know how it's working for those who have it!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkitty, I didn't use any screws, and right now the thermostat is held in by friction. I'm going to put a couple of pieces of Command Strip Velcro to hold the wood in place.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
    Thank you did you get parts from the factory. I see earlier on in this discussion thread it had a list of parts. Was not sure if this was what I needed.
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    Yes, the digital thermostat came from Pleasant Valley, the factory. Call Elsie for the price. Phone number is on the right under contact numbers. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna/Ratkity - Does the digital plug into the current analog wiring or do you need to string it's wiring all the way back to the Alde?
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    PXL, you don't have to wire all the way to the ALDE. There's an extender plug in the wall of my 2015 unit. Didn't even have to bend down and follow wire tracks.

Yes, I called Elsie at Pleasant Valley and she'll know all the parts you need! 

Verna, friction? Ok I don't feel so bad. I doubt the thermostat is going anywhere when I bounce down the road. The larger trim piece is on the bottom of the "to-do" list. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Ratkity - Sounds like an easy switch then. One of these days I'll get around to it - Now where did I store that thing :-)
  • Options
    Oh, that was an extender plug?  I ran the new wire all the way back to the Alde. It works, your's works--we're good!

Ratkity, that would be a next year project for the scrolling. I hope to put my house up for sale after I get home and finish that Verna-do list. It will be another busy summer.

Verna, Columbus, IN