Options

Water Pump Filter

2»

Comments

• Options
    Popejoy36Popejoy36 Member Posts: 3
    Does it make a lot of difference if trailer not completely level ?  Good fore and aft but a little low on driver side. 
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited June 2016
    You don't need the pump for the city water (hose screwed into smaller black inlet). 

You do need the pump if you filled the water tank (white flip top inlet) and are trying to use that water tank.   It will need battery power and/or enough shore power to charge up the battery and get juice through the converter, as it is a 12v pump.

Weird that it all worked two weeks ago.  Nothing should have happened to change that by just sitting.  

It is hard to tell from your post. Are you connected to shore power? Do your other 12v lights and fan work?  If not, it sounds like your battery may be dead or the fuse at the battery is blown in which case your pump wont work.

This still would not explain why you aren't getting water via the city water route...
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Popejoy36...Let's back up and make sure we've got this straight...
    1) Water Hookup - You hooked up a hose to the screw on connector on the T@B. When you say "spews", where's it spewing - at the connector on the outside of the tab? Would think if the hose was screwed on tight you'd get nothing there. Have you turned on faucets inside to see if you get water output? The pump is not used when hooked up to shore water.
    2) Fresh Water Tank - In your second comment you mention the pump - Since (1) are you trying to get water from the fresh water holding tank instead? The pump may or may not make any noise, may or may not run depends on if the fresh water tank and piping is pressurized or not. With the switch on, it will only kick on if the system needs it.
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    After dewinterizing my water pump will not pick up water. I also cleaned the filter. Any idea how to prime the pump? I tried pouring water into the filter but that seems insufficient. 
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    After dewinterizing my water pump will not pick up water. I also cleaned the filter. Any idea how to prime the pump? I tried pouring water into the filter but that seems insufficient. 

@leenscottfl - see this thread: http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/44667/#Comment_44667

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Thanks jkjenn.. I tried to find that with no success. Lack of patience?
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I had a dog named Patience. It was the only time I had it! Good thing she lived 15 yrs. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    What couldn't you find, the thread or the parts?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    The specific discussion. Oh well, now the pump has started blowing fuses. Guess it's time to take a trip to General RV.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @leenscottfl, the pump should be self-priming. Some solved the loudness and "jack hammer" sound by getting the air bubble out of it. Good to get it checked out if it's blowing fuses. Sis had to replace hers. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Have had issues with the pump sinse I bought the T@B. They don't cost that nuch. My only remaining question is has anyone installed a different pump than the origional Artis?
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Different brand pump - Remember seeing a post recently where they had - Can't recall who though.