Options

Extra Port Hole (Portal) Window in Bath - Opinions?

Hi all, we're getting ready to order and were wondering for those of you who have the window in the bath, would you do it again? Advantages/disadvantages? Anyone know how much extra it is? TIA.
'17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    One question I would have is - How do you get the water out out the revolving shade? It's mounted to the inside of the glass if the window setup is the same as on the door. Seems water'd get trapped behind the plastic unless really careful.
  • Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    Love it. Extra light; nice appearance externally too, I think. While I rarely use the shower, I didn't notice a water issue those few times I have.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am glad I didn't order it. I would constantly be closing the blind for privacy. It is really a preference thing, though.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I like the portal window in my unit (think it's pretty cool) and it gives more light in the bathroom area.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    I would imagine that extra light (and maybe the view if boondocking) is good for those that lounge in the biff reading the sports page - Personally, I'm in/out. Would hardly have time to notice :-)
  • Options
    "much needed light" - Inquiring minds want to know what your looking at.
    On second thought, maybe not.
  • Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    "Brighten the corner where you are!"
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    "Brighten the corner where you are!"
    My entire life, until you posted this, I thought it was, "Right in the corner, where you are." This makes more sense.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Port window in the bath came with the T@Bitha. It adds a tremendous amount of light even with the shade closed. Water has not been an issue in the shade at all. I do worry periodically about bumping the shade and mooning someone next to me when I stand up LOL. 

I like the window and don't fret much about the shade. Sister with Outback doesn't have the window and has window envy. It's very dark in her bath. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Can the LED light in the bathroom be any brighter!  I read some posts about taping off part of the light to make it dimmer.  When that light is on, I don't need it any brighter in the bathroom.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited December 2015
    jdargis said:
    Can the LED light in the bathroom be any brighter!  I read some posts about taping off part of the light to make it dimmer.  When that light is on, I don't need it any brighter in the bathroom.
    Oiy! You said it right! Don't laugh, but I have the green LED for the frig helper fan taped, the multi-plug outlet adapter and surge protector LED taped, the solar charge controller with its red LED display inside the sink cabinet and am thinking of ways to put a "shade" over the older Jensen DVD unit display (have it on its dimmest setting too). I'm not against lights, but for some reason, these LEDs seem piercing. 

Hrm, I have the urge to read "The Princess and The Pea"......
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    No laughing here… You forgot the green propane indicator on the fridge, and the blue "standby" beacon on the television.

I do like to sleep with the shades up a bit, but those LEDs put the kibosh on the moonlight!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Just put a litte battery powered LED light on the bathroom wall - Much more subdued and less blinding. I have them in the cabinets and a couple on the ends of the side shelves. Got mine 3-pack) at Walmart.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I guess I'm the only one who uses the different LED lights for night lights. Of course, without a table on the floor now, i may need to put a shade on a couple of them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    We don't have a S model for our CS, but did order the porthole.  It is just beneath the inside TV, and the light during the day and small view is nice :). It's also the first surface to pick up condensation so it's a good indicator to increase ventilator too.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Got the window...  Like it for more light.

it came with the one we found in stock.  I do not think I would have ordered it...
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    edited December 2015
    What's it cost ? Ordering it from the factory?
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    I believe list is $230
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"