Options

Arizona Weather = Suckitude

124»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I heard on the radio that it was in the 70's and that I will miss this round of it!  I'm sure it will be back.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I know there are people on the way to AZ.  Hope everyone is safe and having fun.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    I've made it to Mississippi. Only 1,000 more miles to go. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Please be careful this week. This is a lot of rain for the desert.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Jenn - Just checked three different weather apps and none are showing rain like that - 30-50% chance of rain off/on for Mon Night thru Thurs. But you're right, that much rain would not play well in the desert - Stay away from washes peoples.
    Last year when I went thru Parker they had rain and the big county park was a mess.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    Jenn - Just checked three different weather apps and none are showing rain like that - 30-50% chance of rain off/on for Mon Night thru Thurs. But you're right, that much rain would not play well in the desert - Stay away from washes peoples.
    Last year when I went thru Parker they had rain and the big county park was a mess.
    I don't know what to say, except that point and click forecasts rarely reflect these types of events well. The weather models show the same as the NOAA map.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    So far they're saying off/on rain totallying 1/4" today and that's what it's been. Light enough and bright enough to be running fine on solar in the Bouse, Parker, Lake Hasue area. But even light rain can turn the sandy areas into a sloppy mess. Passed a couple campgrounds/resorts where you'd have to be careful where you drove.
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Yeah, been there; done that -- up in the middle of the night taking the awning down because of winds.  Well, I'm here in Colorado just watching the weather forecasts.  May not make it to Pleasant Lake in January, but for sure will make Coyote Howls in February. 

My thoughts are with everyone making their way to destinations south.  Hang in there. :):)

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    I find these two iOS apps give me a good handle on the weather. The first a general overiew and the second the details...

In that bottom shot you can see the detail. You can chage it from hourly to daily.
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    Suppose to snow here in Flag through Friday. It is wet and not sticking too bad.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    pcaddypcaddy Member Posts: 36

I have a tent room and have not attached it here on South Padre Island -- The wind and rain has been pretty nasty the last week -- what experience have others had with wind and the tent room?  How much wind will it take before it "blows away" or whatever?

• Options
    pcaddy said:

I have a tent room and have not attached it here on South Padre Island -- The wind and rain has been pretty nasty the last week -- what experience have others had with wind and the tent room?  How much wind will it take before it "blows away" or whatever?

Last winter, I put my 5x7 up in 30 mph winds and it stayed up, although I did have to reattach the sleeve a few times over the next couple of days. (Two people putting it up would be preferrable. I cannot repeat the conversations I was having with myself during that episode ;-(. )
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    pcaddypcaddy Member Posts: 36

Verna, I don't know how you managed that in those winds by yourself -- I'm sure that the conversation helped though!  I put mine up by myself with no wind pretty easily using a small step stool.  Have had it up in heavy rain with a couple of small drips but the wind was not bad..so maybe I'll try to put it up today.

• Options
    pcaddy said:

Verna, I don't know how you managed that in those winds by yourself -- I'm sure that the conversation helped though!  I put mine up by myself with no wind pretty easily using a small step stool.  Have had it up in heavy rain with a couple of small drips but the wind was not bad..so maybe I'll try to put it up today.

It was at Coyote Howls, Why, AZ, last February. I wanted it up for a nighttime potty room/daytime wind shield and nothing was going to stop me!  You know, one of thise times where you know you better stay out of a person's way because they're going to get it done!
    Verna, Columbus, IN