Options

Dewinterized for maiden voyage April 1

We went out and studied the valves and compared to pictures and instructions we found here, hooked up to water from our house and flushed until everything ran clear, plus a few gallons.  We also hooked up to our electric (previous owners conveniently put in a 30 amp on side of our garage where RV goes, thank you very mch), tried the Alde (it's not fast, but seemed to be warming up steadily), turned on radio and a few lights, stretched out on seats where we will sleep.  Finally found and inspected fuse box.  Why are they not marked for what each fuse does, I wonder.  Discovered grey tank outlet hidden under Outback platform.  We were told there was only one emptying outlet and black was easy to see.  But there are two, which makes more sense. Cleared them, too, as we knew nothing had gone into black tank but water.  That grey sure is going to be awkward to reach!  Wish they could be joined somehow.  Must think on that and search this forum.  Husband put in Lagun table arm and we have a round wooden table top that is almost ready for install.  Pack food and clothes and dogs and we will be ready to go.  Giddy with anticipation!
B@t T@b, the 2016 Max S Outback, pulled by Bane, the 2014 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    De-winterized ours for our maiden voyage back in February, and then re-Winterized afterwards.  Not a big deal, and I'm sure I'll get faster at it with practice.  You didn't say, but if you're using the freshwater holding tank, you'll want to sanitize it with a bleach solution.  If you're only hooking to city water, then it's not an issue.   Jealous,  our next trip is at least a month away at this point.  Have fun!
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    We went out and studied the valves and compared to pictures and instructions we found here, hooked up to water from our house and flushed until everything ran clear, plus a few gallons.  We also hooked up to our electric (previous owners conveniently put in a 30 amp on side of our garage where RV goes, thank you very mch), tried the Alde (it's not fast, but seemed to be warming up steadily), turned on radio and a few lights, stretched out on seats where we will sleep.  Finally found and inspected fuse box.  Why are they not marked for what each fuse does, I wonder.  Discovered grey tank outlet hidden under Outback platform.  We were told there was only one emptying outlet and black was easy to see.  But there are two, which makes more sense. Cleared them, too, as we knew nothing had gone into black tank but water.  That grey sure is going to be awkward to reach!  Wish they could be joined somehow.  Must think on that and search this forum.  Husband put in Lagun table arm and we have a round wooden table top that is almost ready for install.  Pack food and clothes and dogs and we will be ready to go.  Giddy with anticipation!
    I missed my group's first gathering! *sniff* But will make it up this Thurs. I think all is well now. I feel the same Red!! I'm ready to go. 

About your gray water outlet, you can get a straight extension that is fairly short, but will make your life easier. Because of the height of the Outback, I don't believe it'll point downward to get hooked on anything. Keep in mind, when I say short, I mean less than a foot. Get an extension that has a clear cylinder. Easier to see if you still have flow. I'm sure I read someone else has done this to save their back (Sis just uses BF's long reach and back muscles). 

Camping season - it's time to begin!!! Zombies will be starting to wander out. Peak Zombie season is a little later, but don't be surprised. hehe. (Do a search on Zombies - they aren't scary, bad people).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    We did the extensions after putting the Aluminum Platform on our "16 Max S. Went to camping World with the T@B and they let us bring several out to try before buying...saved a lot of return trip. We used Clear ones.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    RedufresneRedufresne Member Posts: 100
    John_and_Kris, what length did you end up using?  Did you extend both or just one?
    B@t T@b, the 2016 Max S Outback, pulled by Bane, the 2014 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Finally found and inspected fuse box.  Why are they not marked for what each fuse does, I wonder. 
    If you haven't done so already, look on the back of the fuse box access panel. Mine had a sticker there indicating which AC breakers and DC fuses served which circuit.

Of course, my sticker was wrong. Your best bet (sticker or not) is to trace the wiring for each circuit or start flipping breakers/pulling fuses to see what is affected. Not only will you confirm which circuit is which, you will also learn a little something about the electrical anatomy of your T@B. 

2015 T@B S