Options

Alde AA battery back up, anyone?

i have been struggling with Alde, and only to find out my husband truns off the 12v battery when B@t T@b is not in use.  This means the Alde setting disapoear.  The only way to keep them with 12v off is to add a AA battery attachment.  Has anyone done this?  Crazy this doesn't come standard.
B@t T@b, the 2016 Max S Outback, pulled by Bane, the 2014 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    What settings are lost?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Outback, I would think those people who have the factory-installed digital panel may also have the pump that goes with it where the panel can control pump speed (instead of my pump that has the itty bitty dial in a T@B yoga position spot - see T@B yoga instructor for proper positioning so someone over the age of 15 is able to actually get up and move again after pump speed adjustment).

There's also some temperature settings and on/off timer settings (with clock) that may also default to the VCR/Microwave Flashing Clock status. I haven't looked my digital Alde control panel since I pulled the battery fuse, but have just plugged in my camper to top off battery and work inside it as of yesterday.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    We got a battery backup for our digital panel from the factory. After several times when we disconnected our battery we lost the setting on the ALDE controller. A couple of the settings that have to be reset when the battery is disconnected are: time, auto adjust temp at night/day, panel back light. Call Elsie, she will be able to help you.  

Steve & Karen

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    Thanks skwee!! Had no idea that was an option when I upgraded. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,531
    Anyone know if the new T@bs have this as standard?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I'm really surprised the Alde engineers decided on this approach instead on putting non-volatile RAM on the circuit board to store the settings!

In any case, if you have this be sure not to leave the batteries in for long periods of disuse, to prevent them leaking and ruining the contacts.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Lithium Ions last much longer. I would suggest upgrading to them. If they can last 3 months sending a text msg every 5 minutes by a sim card and GPS tracker, then I bet they'll last fairly long with the (hopefully) minor power draw of the touchscreen thermostat (no data to support this supposition - just conjecture).
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am not at all surprised. The Europeans are energy misers.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BatHusbandBatHusband Member Posts: 17
    Wait?  What?  REDuFresne.  When did this become my fault on the B@T T@B?  You told me to leave the switch off.  You said I could make a decision.
    B@t T@b, the 2016 Max S Outback, pulled by Bane, the 2014 Honda Ridgeline - REDuFresne's husband.

May the flames from the bridges I have burned light my path going forward.