Options

If you have a fresh water tank built into your T@B, do you drink water from it?

Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
'17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"

If you have a fresh water tank built into your T@B, do you drink water from it? 51 votes

No freakin' way!
19%
DurangoTaBPhotoJoeNorbert1223TerryV6TonydjdTommylasttruckGuten_TaBmarywaitrkj__ 10 votes
Sure, we keep the tank sanitized so we can drink from it too.
62%
CyclonicWanderoowizard1880MercatorNomadjdargisMikeyVtChanWjcfaber1TabsterJandJ92010keithpbgualtieriJoeMouseketabLibrarydragonashawkccateSlangeScottG 32 votes
Only in an emergency.
17%
jkjennRollingLagrimagilbutlerjschemelJustJohnRatkitylara9209leroybortRamrod 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I drain/fill when I dump - Haven't actually "sanitized" for quite some time. But, I have a fairly robust immune system so rarely get any kind of food poisening or disentary. Guess playing in the dirt and out on relatives farms set me up.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Most of the time, I use city water hookups, but on occasion will be at electric only campgrounds with a central water source. Fill the jug, hook it up and use the pump. No issues with using that water. Brush my teeth with it, and make oatmeal, hot chocolate, instant soups, etc.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    CorbinpiloCorbinpilo Member Posts: 21
    I drink it and sanitize the water system at the beginning of each camping season. 
    Chris & Gina 
    2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Only in an emergency.
    I don't,  but mostly to conserve the small 5 gallon tank I have for showers.  I might if I had a bigger tank. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    4 of us in the T@b. Hope not to take chances. If only one of us gets a bug we're all going to be miserable. Long trip out west later this summer may necessitate changes but for now we drink bottled.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    edited June 2016
    Only in an emergency.
    Emergency only for me,BUT, if I were full time or on an extended trip I probably would drink water from the tank because the water would not be sitting in the tank for a week or two between uses. As is I do sanitize the tank every month or so during camping season which leaves a funky taste in the water so I use it for showers and dishes but not drinking or cooking. I do use the tap water for everything if on "city water" connection.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    BrettsterBrettster Member Posts: 11
    I'm with you. I must have drained the antifreeze then bleach mix 10 times. Still so skanky. We use for dishes and and washing. Drink bottled.
  • Options
    Mine tastes fine - but, being full-time it gets replenished on a regular basis.
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    No freakin' way!
    We are already trained in the habit of bringing a lot of drinking water - bottles and jugs - on our rockhounding excursions into the deserts. I don't see us ever planning on drinking from the preciously small freshwater tank. We'll save that for washing hands etc. 

That being said I would imagine that everyone who answered "no way" would probably do it in an actual emergency situation but anyway... 
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Another option might be to bring along a Brita pitcher and use it for drinking and cooking.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    I grew up, and have lived in an area with good water out of the tap - have always drank tap water - can't recall ever having bought bottled water. So, if you have good water going in, why wouldn't you drink it? Just paranoid? ;-)

• Options
    Only in an emergency.
    I have been using one of those 2.5 gallon containers @Pxlated recommended, but alas, it sprung a leak last night. I also ordered a larger dromedary bag that @source3 recommended. It has been awesome. I might see if I can get another before vacation to replace the broken water container. I loved the spigot convenience of the plastic container, but the leaks are a real problem.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Where did it spring the leak? Mine always did (eventually) on the bottom/side. I reinforced with nice, semi-transparent duct tape and have sprung a leak for probably 9 months.

• Options
    Only in an emergency.
    The top seam, near the spigot.

• Options
    Hmmmm - Can't recall ever having crack there. I travel with mine (vertical) with the spigot up so the stress is on the opposite end where I have it reinforced.
  • Options
    Only in an emergency.
    PXLated said:
    Hmmmm - Can't recall ever having crack there. I travel with mine (vertical) with the spigot up so the stress is on the opposite end where I have it reinforced.
    Me, too.