Options

How do you determine if your T@b is level?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Now, boys, boys!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,478
    edited July 2016
    Kidding aside, that's a common plumber's level and it works great. It's compact, sturdy, accurate, has a grove on one side for fitting to rounded or ridged surfaces, and a magnet on the other so it doesn't keep falling off your tongue. (Trailer tongue, that is...)

Mine helped build my house almost 20 years ago. Now it enjoys a cushy retirement "camping" full time in the T@B. (Wish I could say the same...) 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I got a classy silver one to match my T@B.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Red is normal best, but ORANGE torpedo levels can be seen better with all of the red accessories in my T@B ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    PXLated mentioned using blocks under the wheels to raise the trailer when one could not lower the front jack enough to level the trailer.  I use a BAL leveler and I ran into this situation once.  Simple solution was to spin the T@B 180 degrees.  But I was wondering if you could raise the jack, support the trailer temporarily on the front stabilizers, remove the front wheel and crank the jack back down onto a stabilizer pad.  I guess there are two questions.  Will the stabilizers support this weight temporarily ( I think so based on other threads) and second would it harm the front jack to use it with out the wheel but with a stabilizer pad under it?
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    ScottG said:
    I use the same level as well, only in blue. The blue ones are more accurate.
    Mine is black and silver.  Not as accurate, but I didn't care as it matches the T@Bpole.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    PXLated mentioned using blocks under the wheels to raise the trailer when one could not lower the front jack enough to level the trailer.  I use a BAL leveler and I ran into this situation once.  Simple solution was to spin the T@B 180 degrees.  But I was wondering if you could raise the jack, support the trailer temporarily on the front stabilizers, remove the front wheel and crank the jack back down onto a stabilizer pad.  I guess there are two questions.  Will the stabilizers support this weight temporarily ( I think so based on other threads) and second would it harm the front jack to use it with out the wheel but with a stabilizer pad under it?
    You could do all of that, or you could just carry a couple of these with you:

Couple of wood blocks is what I lower the jack on nearly all the time, never had a problem.  The other option available is a foot:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA