Options

How hard is it to replace the trim color on the t@b?

We really like the trim color on our t@b, but there are so many other awesome options.  We might want to change at some point down the line. Does anyone know if there are trim packages available for purchase and how much would they cost?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Tom - You can buy all the individual trim parts in the LG Teardrop Shop. BUT, if you replaced them all you'd have quite the bill. There's been a couple other threads about this and as I recall, painting or wrapping was the recommeded method of change - a kot cheaper.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Didn't someone say that trim colors other than those offered were painted?  The color did not go clear through?  The consensus was painting them on your own was the most cost effective.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    There's also NOT pre-drilled holes in some parts of the trim. I had to replace a cracked piece near the back tail light and handle and it was surprising that one side didn't have predrilled holes (one side did). It was a bit of a pain to get the pieces matched up. On top of that, there was silicone caulk galore between the screw holes to the pre-drilled holes. I'm sure this is to protect exposed screws underneath the trim, but it was surprising to see and harder to locate the original holes.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    SAM - I think you're right.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Many Dutchmen T@B owners have successfully painted their trim.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    The only problem is if the paint chips you will see the underlying trim color.  Mouseketab painted hers- Carol can you chime in?
  • Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    My T@B is silver on silver.  I'm thinking of painting the trim sections around the side windows to match my TV.  Does anyone have a recommendation as to what kind of paint would work best?  I may have to have it mixed special.  Not sure.  Thank you.

Martha - VT. '15 CS-S 
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    A piece of the fender trim has a ding on our 2014 CS, and the paint chipped off revealing white.  Perhaps the fenders are painted but the other pieces are solid colored?
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The main colors, the ones offered by default, I believe, are color infused vs. painted. I am not sure when that started to happen, if it was the case with all PV T@bs or just newer ones. I have a custom color (turquoise), which is not infused, so any chip would reveal white.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Good question for the factory.