Options

Do we need to Scotch-Gard the seat cushions?

KYkampersKYkampers Member Posts: 19
We are new owners and leaving on 3 week maiden voyage to Moab area tomorrow. Our dealer did not say anything about the seat cushions, so I don't know if they were treated at the factory or if I should Scotch-Gard them before I go. I suspect some of you will have words of advice? You do on just about everything else, for which we are grateful! :)
Deb 

Comments

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I have the Outback (which only offers the gray cushions).  I have done nothing to them and boondock with dogs most of the time.  They clean up really well for me...although, I've only dealt with mud, peanut butter and dog food.  I haven't had any issues with something worse like ketchup or blood...
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Mud, peanut butter and dog food? Hmmmm... If that's what you eat when you boondock, maybe it's not for me... :)
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    What the heck do you all DO in your trailers?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I boondock with dogs...nuf said.  :-)
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I Scotchgarded ours.  So far so good.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    Scotchgard  works great
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Photomom said:
    What the heck do you all DO in your trailers?
    I made a vow that "What is said around the campfire, stays around the campfire".. That also applies to  "What goes on inside an itty bitty camper, stays in the ittty bitty camper" even if this photographer catches the crazy TearJerkers seeing how many burly men they can stuff into one brand new tiny 5ft wide Silver Shadow! (it was said that someone "tooted" in there too -christened it, so to speak). :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Ratkity, That's known as "duly" christened isn't it. TOOT, TOOT! :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @ericnliz, one of the vets said there was a huge barking sea spider that got loose and yelled "every man for himself!" It was like a clown car - only in Teardrop style. Good thing those fantastic fans don't spark much and cleared the air quickly. Two minutes later, a calm scene was witnessed around the campfire, as if nothing untoward happened. Just quiet chit-chat and favorite beverages!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity, It's a good thing the fan doesn't create enough static for an explosion! Don't EVER feed my younger brother burritos. 'Ya should have seen the size of That spider! Cleared out the whole house! Mom won't allow him and burritos on her property, or the vicinity anymore! :s
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Our camping group has quite a few medical professionals in it - some hard core nurses. Somehow, the conversations always seem to roll downhill and just go down the tubes. It always ends with "Well, no one can compete when XXX (nurse's hubby sitting around the campfire with us) CLEARED the entire Walmart in XXX, PA". He proudly owns up to it too. Good thing the peopleofwalmart site doesn't have a sniff and scratch area on the monitor.
  • Options
    TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I do believe @Ratkity  has the absolute best stories.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Just gotta find a good campfire & let 'er rip! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    KYkampersKYkampers Member Posts: 19
    OK, so its 4 responses about cushions and 11 about...farts! We have joined quite an illustrious group! Haha!
    Thanks for the help and the laughs.
  • Options
    T@Bnero said:
    be sure to test the fabric first. The solid black will bleed off when treated with most scotch guard. you can always turn them over to use the vinyl side

T@Bnero, OMG, I thought you were testing your farts on black fabric. ROFL. My morning funny!! :lol:
  • Options
    KYkampers, Stick around, it just gets better. [I keep tellin' folks this is a great place for a good chuckle!] 
    Ratkity, Your bad brain cell is showing! That WAS funny though. =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    FuzzyYanniFuzzyYanni Member Posts: 110
    This post degenerated rather quickly...lolz
    "I know one thing, I know nothing."
  • Options
    This post degenerated rather quickly...lolz
    It doesn't take much around here to cause the degenerates to derail a thread. We really try not to, but sometimes PXL sets me up and I.can't.resist...... Resistance is futile! :)
  • Options
    What Ratkity said! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.