Options

Factory install of larger black tank?

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,529
Has anyone replaced their black tank with a larger black tank or requested a larger black tank upon initial factory order?  I have a vague recollection of a reason for a limited tank size, but I can't locate the discussion.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    The black water tank appears to fit within the pedestal upon which the toilet sits. That space is pretty well defined, and there's not much more room underneath to hang stuff.

I suppose anything's possible, but it looks like it would take more than a minor modification. How about one of those portable dump tanks?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I am guessing that the black water tank is built in or comes as part of the current system or bath unit.   Maybe with a larger frame and trailer system they could accomplish this and maybe it will happen in the future as they build larger trailers.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought there was a good reason.  I know people use portable tanks for gray water, but I think emptying a black tank without the benefit of rinsing may not be a good idea.  
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    When I was looking at some small campers (~16-18'), some had baths like the T@B and their black tanks were 6 gal. I was surprised (and advertised as sleeping 4 people). It makes sense that the tank system is part of a comprehensive unit and that's probably why something so much larger would have the same sized black tank.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    According to Ed at Nucamprv (Pleasant Valley), the newer T@B's have 8 gallon black tanks and they are trying to figure out how to fit a new 8.75 gallon black tank. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have considered pricing the move and larger size of my freshwater tank (5 gal) and grey water (11 gal) in my T@b.  10 gallons of freshwater would be a pretty large positive change for me and the extra cabinet space would be nice.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    Verna, my new T@B 2017 CS-S that was build the week of Tearstock.. don't know if I have the bigger black tank?  Btm is covered up...  Manny..
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    Oh - 2 more gallons is helpful!  Are those models currently in production Verna?  Or will that be for April?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @SAM, the best advice I can tell you is to measure water, pour it in the black tank and check for how large your tank is. I was surprised with Ed's answer because that was the first I had heard of it. Here is his information as of August 1, 2016:

"Fresh tank: 11 Gal.
    Black Tank: 8 Gal. 
    Grey Tank: 19 Gal. 
    This is 2016 model and 2017 model setups as of right now. 
    The black tank is going to change a little bit in the near future and will increase to maybe 8.750 gal. not much but some. "
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    Jkjenn what year do you have?  I have a DM 2007 with no bath.  I have added a 10 gallon FW tank. It was a sizeable job.  

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited September 2016
    Jenn, I thought the 2014 and '15 gray water tank was the 19gal one. I never checked it, did you?
    jkjenn said:
    I have considered pricing the move and larger size of my freshwater tank (5 gal) and grey water (11 gal) in my T@b.  10 gallons of freshwater would be a pretty large positive change for me and the extra cabinet space would be nice.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ChanW said:
    Jenn, I thought the 2014 and '15 gray water tank was the 19gal one. I never checked it, did you?
    jkjenn said:

I have never checked it, but I was sure the documentation said 11 gallon....it would be rather humorous if I had more grey tank than I realized. That would be 3-4 more showers! Any idea how to tell?

I didn't think they started putting the larger grey tanks in until they started putting the larger, outside freshwater tanks in the T@bs.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014