Options

Attention all Spokane and Pacific NW T@D@ T@B and T@G enthusiasts monthly breakfast

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Marceline, I can't offer you any suggestions because my travels from here to Seattle, and the coast area are usually a straight shot. I'm sure someone will chime in here for you, perhaps @AldebaranJill, @Dalehelman, @JerryandVicki, or @Vikings, @2Cougs, @Homebodyatheart. Might help to know if you're looking for a full set-up site, or what your requirements would be as well. Good luck, and hope to see you soon. Travel safe! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    Marceline said:
    @Marceline I can't speak for @ericnliz but the rest of us need about a day's notice to pull things together, unless we're camping. It would be fun to meet you!
    That's kind of you. 
    If any of you have suggestions for good places to stop for a night or two between Seattle and Spokane I would love to hear them.

What type of camping between Seattle and Spokane do you prefer? RV Parks, State Parks, Boondocking?
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    ericnliz said:
    @Marceline, I can't offer you any suggestions because my travels from here to Seattle, and the coast area are usually a straight shot. I'm sure someone will chime in here for you, perhaps @AldebaranJill, @Dalehelman, @JerryandVicki, or @Vikings, @2Cougs, @Homebodyatheart. Might help to know if you're looking for a full set-up site, or what your requirements would be as well. Good luck, and hope to see you soon. Travel safe! :)
    Just looking for a waypoint. I have a bad knee and try to keep driving to 3hrs/day if possible. If there's a nice campground or park along the way (w/in 30 mins of I90)  I would stop rather than try to do it (Seattle-Spokane) as a straight shot. Dry camping is OK. I prefer something scenic as opposed to an RV park. 

I'm also looking for suggestions along the way from Spokane to Bend. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    Marceline said:
    ericnliz said:
    Just looking for a waypoint. I have a bad knee and try to keep driving to 3hrs/day if possible. If there's a nice campground or park along the way (w/in 30 mins of I90)  I would stop rather than try to do it (Seattle-Spokane) as a straight shot. Dry camping is OK. I prefer something scenic as opposed to an RV park. 

I'm also looking for suggestions along the way from Spokane to Bend. 
    I suggest Wanapum / Ginko Petrified Forest State Park. Right along the Columbia River. Very nice views, super close to I90. All amenties but very big sites. Have stayed there . 
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    @AldebaranJill, Thanks for chiming in! Is the Wanapum/Ginko Petrified State Forest Park the one as you're coming down the Vantage grade going east before the bridge over the Columbia?
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 906
    @Marceline- Lake Chelan has several nice campgrounds and is 3 hours from Seattle and 3 hours from Spokane.  Good luck... Hope we get to get together. B)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    I suggest Wanapum / Ginko Petrified Forest State Park. Right along the Columbia River. Very nice views, super close to I90. All amenties but very big sites. Have stayed there . 
    Thanks for the suggestion! Looks good!
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    @Marceline, On the way to Bend from Spokane, (if you plan on traveling via the Columbia gorge on the Oregon side), there is a decent KOA right before you get to Multnoma Falls area on the right hand side off the highway. Local stores nearby, gas station, and lots of good sights to look at along the way. We've stayed there twice, and makes for a nice break point before the Portland to Salem traffic nightmare. (Hate drivin' through there!) I'm sure others will have other suggestions as well.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ok @ Mrs. Homebodyatheart, Here's the deal for Prime rib. 'Ya gotta help watch for sales in the next couple of weeks, AND donations would be highly appreciated for that one. I don't mind doing it at all, and it depends on how many folks plan to attend how large (one, or two) Prime Rib(s) it will take. The largest I've done is 12 lbs, but am thinkin' I could fit 2 10 lb ones pretty easy. Please bear in mind, the larger the prime, the longer it takes. The 12 lb one took about 6 1/2 hours to cook to medium taste. Stop droolin' & watch for sales already! :look_at_the_time::rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @ericnliz medium rare (125' internal temp) and I'm in! Of course a donation is very appropriate! I'll check with my meat manager Monday on pricing.  =) I've been craving some since Lincoln Rock! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Oh, and Now 'ya wanna get picky too...Mrs. medium rare at 125*! I hope 'ya meant degrees, 'cause you'll have all kinds of fun gettin' to it at 125' (feet)!!! :rofl::lol:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Still lookin' for sales on Prime Rib. Just wondering who is in town & who's out- n- about. Just to make 'ya a little jealous, cooked up some tri-tip last night & have left overs for sammiches on Hawaiian buns with provolone cheese & hot mustard for today! Yummy stuff!!! =);)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Wait! @ericnliz did I miss a lunch invite? Shoot darn! :rofl: 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Thinkin' about a Ft. Spokane trip instead of a BBQ gathering at my place. It's been a while since we had a get together, and I'd rather do it campin' while the weather is still decent. Somehow Liz managed to get 6 days in a row off, so that's a good thing. The dates she has off are: Sept. 7th through the 12th. Plan to leave early on the 8th, and return on the 11th, possibly the 12th.
    I have a turkey that needs to meet the Pit Barrel (last one was OMG good!), and was thinkin' about a pot-luck scenario so no one person would have a lot to do, but everyone could contribute & enjoy. Thanksgivin' in September!
    The Ft. Spokane facilities include: available potable water (no water hook-ups), bathrooms, both pit style & regular, and a dump station. There are no electrical hook-ups, but if you have a fully charged battery ( and are frugal with your usage), or solar panels, or a generator you'll be fine. We've done 3 days on battery power alone before.
    For those of you that have never been to Ft. Spokane before, it's only a leisurely hour to an hour & a half drive from Spokane, so it's close. Head out Hywy 2, drive to Davenport, hang a right & follow the road!!!
    I'm posting this now to see how many would like to, or are interested in joining us. I for one, would much rather have our get together campin'. After all, that's really what our group is about! Please respond as soon as you can so we can start makin' a plan. Thanks!!!! 
    Eric
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    At this time count us in.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response Dale, lookin' forward to it!!! Bring your new solar panel set-up, I'd love to have a close-up look-see. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I can come Friday 9/8-Monday 9/11. I'm pretty sure Dan can't get the time off, but I'll check with him this afternoon. Yay! Camping with friends!
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, That's what it's all about, and a thanks again to @Dalehelman for starting this whole thing in the first place!!! THANKS DALE!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz do you have sites in mind? What numbers if you do so we can get them booked!
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Haven't looked in to it yet. Wanted to see if there was interest first. The sites for the camping area when you first go in are all first come, first serve. If you go to the lower section, some are reserved sites, some are first come first serve. Liz & I have been there quite a few times, and not had any trouble getting a spot in either areas without reservations. Even in the lower portion where the reserved spots are, they post the reserved dates & you can still camp there if the dates are not when you're there. One note though, bring a leveling devise, as the sites are sloped for drainage. Your Anderson leveler will work fine, that's what I've used before.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Oh, almost forgot, if 'ya like fishin', bring a pole!!! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Giving this a little nudge in case folks missed it. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 906
    Home 6 days from the "epic adventure"... Then camping a week at Priest, a long weekend at Bowl and Pitcher, and then going to Fall J@m... Don't think we can add another trip in there.  Sorry!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @2Cougs, Have fun & thanks for the reply!
    Got your Maroon stripes for the truck yet???  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @2Cougs, I like the new states added to your travel app!
  • Options
    Thought I'd give this one another little nudge to see if anyone else is interested. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    Looks like the back loop, sites 28-53, has a lot of availability.  We already had plans to camp that weekend.  I'm going to see if the SU can be persuaded to change venues.
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    We would really like for you to come join us. If a change of venues works, please do! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    Eric, are Second Saturday Breakfasts still happening?  Or is the 9/9 b'fast at Ft. Spokane?  We wanted to report on Alaska. 
    Kim and Mary Kay
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Options
    Welcome home @Vikings! The first breakfast is October 14, 9:30 at Perkins. I loved your posts. At this point @ericnliz are the only ones going to Ft Spokane. I might be able to make the weekend, but I don't know yet. Dale and Sandi have house guests coming, so they'll be home. @2Cougs I think will be there. Not sure yet about the rest of the group. Maybe we could impose on @ericnliz for a potluck before then? Eric? We will keep you posted though!