Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Photomom said:
    We had our doubts since it looks like rain would pool on top, but it has rained every day we had it out and very little water collects there. Last weekend I had to pack it wet and spread it out to dry at home but this weekend we took it down the day before we left when it was dry. In the future I need to take a contractor bag to stuff it in when it has to be packed wet. 
    I've had to pack my awning wet a time or two and dry it when I get home.  The fabric dries fairly quickly, but I have to be careful not to pack it before the cord dries, which takes a bit longer.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Roadie_ORoadie_O Member Posts: 40
    Uhhh...the garbage can.
    Bwahahahaha! Looks like someone is hiding in it...Scooby Doo-like! :)

Thanks for the tip on the ac. Glad you were nice and comfy!
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Sally - Have done the same reflector trick - Trying to figure out how to make a nicer looking, easily removed, refixed version.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I like - Now that's not camping, that's adventure - Boondocking.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Nice @Tommy! Not a soul in sight to be seen. Beautiful campfire. Excellent :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @RollingLagrima Thems some happy dawgs!! Direct sun and the AC keeping up is great info! It took a second, but then I saw the trashcan. If you look long enough, I swear it starts moving in the picture.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    @Photomom what a beautiful spot to camp! Can you tell me where you got the black boxes you have mounted on your front deck? We are actively looking to do the same type of thing with ours.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Tommy said:
    @Photomom what a beautiful spot to camp! Can you tell me where you got the black boxes you have mounted on your front deck? We are actively looking to do the same type of thing with ours.
    They are Rubbermaid 8 gallon action packers. They fit well but don't hold as much as one would like. Unfortunately the next size up (24 gallon) is much too large. I have them attached in back and underneath with mending plates (one plate outside and one inside) with a bolt through. The plastic is too thin and soft to bolt on without reinforcement. I got mine thru Amazon prime but they are commonly available. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358

I had trouble finding a lock for the Rubbermaid Action Packers that would not stick out too far.  A small luggage lock is too narrow and allows the handle to slide over it.  Simple solution for a "skinny" lock is to put a washer over one end. 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    Thank you @Photomom those do look like the perfect footprint - but maybe not tall enough?
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    "Not tall enough." The two round handles on each side of the T@B will get in the way of a lid opening all the way on a container that takes up to entire bottom of the Outback platform.  After MUCH searching for something bigger, the only thing that worked for my was the 8 gallon Action Packer. 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Tommy said:
    Thank you @Photomom those do look like the perfect footprint - but maybe not tall enough?
    I have all the water stuff including a 25' hose, and all the electrical stuff, in the passenger side. Bigger hose won't fit. The driver side has the leveling blocks, stabilizer pads, and chocks. Would like to get the wheel dock in there but it won't fit. It would be great if it were a tiny bit bigger size to side and front to back, and a few inches taller.

You really need to bolt it to the rail at the rear of the platform and a taller box could be bolted to the top of the rail. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    RollingLagrima said: I have always been a bit frustrated that my valuable cold air shoots up to the ceiling (regardless of how I spin that wheel) 
    I use a small oscillating fan located on the opposite side of the AC to disperse the cold air more evenly across the T@B. Works like a charm!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    @RollingLagrima Havasu would make a fun meetup someday. 
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Roadie_O said:
    Uhhh...the garbage can.
    Bwahahahaha! Looks like someone is hiding in it...Scooby Doo-like! :)

Thanks for the tip on the ac. Glad you were nice and comfy!
    Haha Roadie, that can drove  my OCDness nuts. It ruined a beautiful panoramic 180 degree view from my camp chair. ;)   As for the AC, boy was I glad to have it. There was a breeze outside, but 110 degree of breeze is alot like taking a tumble in a clothes dryer.  I had to put myself on a regular Chapstick application schedule half way through day 1 of 4.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    larrygon said:
    @RollingLagrima Havasu would make a fun meetup someday. 
    I would go back in a heartbeat. It is about 4 hours for me door to campsite.  I only wished I had a kayak. I bought a pool floaty to lounge on. Best $8 ever spent!  I probably could have rented a kayak or paddle board or a waverummer for that matter. There was a full service marina there too.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    larrygon said:
    RollingLagrima said: I have always been a bit frustrated that my valuable cold air shoots up to the ceiling (regardless of how I spin that wheel) 
    I use a small oscillating fan located on the opposite side of the AC to disperse the cold air more evenly across the T@B. Works like a charm!
    Yep, have one too, just don't like additional noise in top of the noisy AC in that tiny space,if I can avoid it. It makes it hard to hear the waves outside. 
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    @RollingLagrima Thems some happy dawgs!! Direct sun and the AC keeping up is great info! It took a second, but then I saw the trashcan. If you look long enough, I swear it starts moving in the picture.
    RataGata, you should see the dogs now -- passed out on the sofa at home. We made it home safely just a few minutes ago, something I never take for granted with so many crazies out there on the roads along with Murphy and just plain bad joojoo (blown tires, etc).   Now time to see if I levitate all the dirty laundry from laundry room floor and through the cycle from the sofa...Blehh!   :bawling:
  • Options
    It is a litte hot in the worst of the day.  But we are fishing during the day.  In late evening we turn A/C on high and reverse fan and open side window into tent.   Get a perfect 75-80 degrees for dinner...

i agree the visor Is better, but buddy sleeping in the tent...
    Thanks for the reply. I opted not to put mine up this time out (110 degrees at times) and think It was the right choice.  I will save it for cooler trips.
  • Options

PXLated said:
    Sally - Have done the same reflector trick - Trying to figure out how to make a nicer looking, easily removed, refixed version.

The thin metal sheet sign worked fine on this last trip is removable, flattens out again, and fits in the side next to the AC unit when not in use. I think I will stick with it. 
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    RataGata, you should see the dogs now -- passed out on the sofa at home. We made it home safely just a few minutes ago, something I never take for granted with so many crazies out there on the roads along with Murphy and just plain bad joojoo (blown tires, etc).   Now time to see if I levitate all the dirty laundry from laundry room floor and through the cycle from the sofa...Blehh!   :bawling:
    Whenever I took the Goldens camping, they'd be happily snoring on the trip home. They'd be wiped out for a day and then back to their normal puppiness (for 10 yr old Goldens). 3-legged Charley rarely gets out to camp now. He's 12 and I worry about him getting too overstimulated and then overheated. He absolutely loves camping! I hate leaving him home this weekend, but he got a good amount of puppy snuggles and brushing this morning.
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Well,  we are at Peninsula State Park.   It is located almost at the tip of Door County.   This is the first time with our new awning and we managed it... 

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Looks like a beautiful spot, enjoy!
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    That really looks great!

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Well.. First,  I'm supposed to say that this is Wisconsin.   Then,  I have to say we like the awning.   We added the screen for it..   The awning adds more of a roomy feeling. We are already meeting friendly zombies.   Supposed to rain tonight...   Ah well,   I have about a 1000 books on the ereader and some cold ones in the fridge..   Also,  a big "Yes"  for the balance leveler,  though I replaced the wrench with my own...  Lake Michigan is about 150 yards to the west of us... 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Try Green Bay,  Michigan is about 12 miles east.
  • Options
    jdargis said:
    Try Green Bay,  Michigan is about 12 miles east.    You are right of course...  I was thinking of the "big"  picture,  as the Bay and Lake are sorta one... 

So...  I can see the Bay from our campsite... 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Normally, I can see the bay from Sturgeon Bay, but looking at the Black Hills right now. Did you enjoy the detour going through Sturgeon Bay, major back ups when weekend traffic goes through and when the bridges goes up.  Enjoy your outing!
  • Options
    Yes,  lots of traffic and slow going..   The Park is very deserted..   Wife suggested eating lunch at the cookery... 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

This discussion has been closed.