Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Foxden, I moved to Houston from Cleveland in the early 80’s.  There was a minor snowfall that had not occurred for 10 years as I remember.  Closed the city down!  People left work after a half day!  Too funny, but better to be safe.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Mom and Dad are from Michigan @tfire328!! Hysterical! :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    @ericnliz
    You said the S word!  :o
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @larrygon, Not out loud I didn't! But it's doin' just THAT right NOW! :o:s;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @larrygon, @ericnliz keeps denying it, but we got a good seven inches of snow yesterday at my house! Of course it is the middle of December. :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    North or south of the big landslide near Big Sur?  Which campground...very nice photo!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 79
    What Campground is this? Can you book online? Or ? Hookups or dry camp? Thank you. It looks wonderful!!
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/
  • Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    @pthomas745, @jschemel . I was curious too and was looking at campground pics on the Internet. Is it Kirk Creek Campground? @danp212 , I would love a view of the ocean and sunset from our campsite.

Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    I've checked the maps again tonight, and the Big Slide has still cut off Highway 1.  My guess is the campground is north of the slide.
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    danp212danp212 Member Posts: 44
    Yes, Kirk Creek campsite in Big Sur! Dry camping only, and no potable water on site, but such a gorgeous location and view!!! (We love dry camping though). We drove down from the North since the bridge was reopened about 1.5 months ago. Access from the south is still closed for some time, but I heard the alternate route Laciminiento Road is also gorgeous. Kirk Creek is around 10 miles north of the road closure. 

We had reserved site #32 which needed a bit of leveling but nothing too extreme. Just ordered a new jack foot since returning which will allow the tongue to sit much lower, something we really could have used this past weekend.

The sites are pretty much hit or miss in terms of being level, but the most popular sites 8/9/11/13/15/17/19/21/22 all are pretty good and should require much less leveling work. Some are even big enough you can turn the trailer sideways in the driveway and have the door opening out into the ocean view. The popular sites are pretty much all reserved 6 months in advance so I would recommend making your reservations 6 months out to get an ideal site. 

I will 100% be going back in 2018!
    2017 T@B Max S
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

Gilbert Ray Campground in Tucson. The desert cacti and warm enough to have the door open. After 20* the night before in New Mexico, these temps are a treat!  73* forecasted high. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    This is Christmas Eve...I hope there's some family or friends close by :)
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Friends are always close by....some you already know and others who just need a pleasant greeting to make them know they are friends. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Verna said:
    Friends are always close by....some you already know and others who just need a pleasant greeting to make them know they are friends. 
    Hope you have a blessed Christmas
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Verna, you get around!  You were just in Texas!  How many days did it take to get to Tucson?  We are plotting our route to Utah in March and have decided to find a more southern route.  No going through Denver with the TaB!  Enjoy your warm weather Holiday.  We are currently driving through a light snow in Michigan at 25*. Brrrr.
  • Options
    @SAM, I'll trade 'ya the 25* for the 12* we have! We're not even gonna hit 25* today! Have a good one & travel safe out there! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    Merry Christmas tabers, hope y’all have a safe and prosperous Holiday 
    2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder
  • Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder
  • Options
    Eric, I don’t think I ever realized how cold it gets in our PNW!  I don’t envy you, except when spring comes and you have all those lovely gardens!  
  • Options
    @SAM, I left Indy at noon Monday and got to Tucson Saturday noon. It was a much quicker trip than planned. I didn’t want to get stranded in snow and/or ice out on the road. I-69 to I-64, to I-57, I-55, US 67 to Little Rock, AR, I-30 to I-20, to I-10. 

Be be sure to read on FB about the T@B owner who was in Flagstaff mid-week and she “fled” to Utah due to 10* and 50 mph winds in Flagstaff. She wasn’t winterized, either. I just dewinterized Saturday. I hit 20* in Deming, NM Friday morning. 

Are you sure you really want to go to Utah in March?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    SAM said:
    Verna, you get around!  You were just in Texas!  How many days did it take to get to Tucson?  We are plotting our route to Utah in March and have decided to find a more southern route.  No going through Denver with the TaB!  Enjoy your warm weather Holiday.  We are currently driving through a light snow in Michigan at 25*. Brrrr.
    @SAM, you just have to map the Thrift shops on the route from place to the other and estimate a leisurely drive... that's how you get close to finding V! <3  
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity, tonight is only the second night I’ve even opened the tailgate of the truck. I’ve only unhitched twice and put my stabilizers down twice on this trip. Oops....I unhitched tonight, but I forgot to put the stabilizers down. I’ll get them in the morning. 

But anyway, moving this quickly (and at 65 mph), I haven’t seen any thrift shops or Goodwill’s!  They have been a blur off the road. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, we found that it gets hot and crowded early in the season - hence the later in March arrival.  Surprisingly, many of the places that we have reserved started to fill up for that time period.  The places we chose are between  4000 - 5000 feet and temperatures on average range 60 to low 70s daytime and cold at night.  I think the gamble is not as much Utah, but the potential late winter/ early spring weather.  Flagstaff is close to 7000 feet and known for snow.  I know we will need to stay flexible with routing and we are giving ourself a full week to travel.  May hit Albuquerque on the way to visit a friend.  Thanks for the routing - going to check it out.  Now that you are out of the risky weather areas you can relax.  Enjoy your warm winter - I am jealous!
  • Options
    @SAM, It can get BRUTAL cold here. Last year we saw lows of MINUS 19*! Being a "dry" cold, and without too much humidity, it doesn't seem THAT cold until the wind starts blowin'.....then it gets downright bone-chillin'! Liz & I leave on a bluff about 10 blocks from the valley the Spokane river flows through. When it snows, we get probably an inch or so more than the rest of the city in this area. I refer to it as the "river effect". Come visit some time in early spring (April, May), or late summer, early fall (September, October), you'll love it!
    @Verna, your trip reminded me of the Willy Nelson song... :whistle: "On the road again"!  :) Be safe out there & remember......Stabilizers, Stabilizers.... ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    If the weather is good and I-40 or I-10 are not your cup of meat, try US 60 across NM from Socorro to Phoenix.
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    @pthomas745, I love US 60!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Eric, you have river effect and we have lake effect snow!  We don’t get as cold as you and I will keep those months in mind
This discussion has been closed.