Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    Robpt, it is a lot better to treat your clothes with Permetherin than to give up on camping!  Cedarcide is another option.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    @Ratkity, I had encountered so many ticks the prior year to gettinging infected that I thought I was safe as long as I saw no bullseye rash. I had never heard of ehrlichiosis and apparently, some of the doctors hadn't either. 
    I am going to try the Timbrens and see what they do before going to a weight distribution hitch or a sway control hitch. I think maybe it will be all I need, but I'll find out.

@jcfaber1, Oh believe me, I went out and bought some Permethrin after that episode! I have a bottle sitting on my dresser and just need to treat some clothes for camping. I had hoped that the freeze we had about 3 weeks ago would have slowed them up when the weather got warm, but that was wishful thinking. No, I am not ready to give up camping yet! 
    North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    They don't even die in the winter of northern Wisconsin - -20f!  Few things in life that I hate, ticks are on top.

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @jcfaber1 and @robpt - I agree! Ticks and roaches are at the top of my ick-run! scale. As a microbiologist, I can say that there are more things those creepy ticks can carry. Babesiosis and now there's some evidence that in addition to Lyme, there's another unnamed rickettsia that is in the deer tick. Friend of mine has a daughter that is now allergic to meat as a result of a bite from a dog tick. Some people have that reaction. 

Ut oh.. microbiologist hijack!!!  Run!!! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Wonderful site and great setup!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Mouseketab, Looks like a great time was had! Thanks for sharing. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Hey robpt,  I picked up a small automotive scissor jack and use it to lift the 400 for tire work and use it when I get a spot that I can't get the jack wheel off. Also have a couple 2x8 boards with non skid on the bottom with a beveled edge that I drive on with the back wheels of the TV to get the hitch high enough to get the wheel off the T@B.  Also have the Timbren SES on our 2016 Frontier and I like them.  Keeps the Truck level.  Love the color of your 400,  Nice rig.  Ours is Silver with blue trim.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @SAM- looks great!  Have a great weekend!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    @atlasb, thanks for that tip! I did have Timbrens installed on my 4Runner, but I have not had a chance to get on the road yet to see what they add to the ride. I certainly don't feel them otherwise.

@SAM, those are sights I'll never see if I don't ever cross the Mississippi. I envy you being able to take in that scenery. 
    North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    @SAM, Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like you folks are having a great time. :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @sam who's your carrier and which WeBoost do you use. I searched a little but I didn't see that you participated in any of the discussions.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @SAM, what’s that white stuff?!! ;)

I’m glad you’re having fun. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @dsatwork I use ATT and I picked up the weBoost 4G-S from Amazon.  I think Verna, TabAZ and maybe JKJenn use it as well.  I gain 1-2 bars and have had a connection the entire time we have been up on this Mesa.  Pictures are slow to load to the forum or with messages, but text and voice are great.  Verna uses a horseshoe with the antenna, but I stuck ours to the top of the TaB’s jack and it works!

Verna, we delayed departure out of Moab due to that “white stuff”.  The Hosts at Moab Rim Campark were very kind and let us wait it out beyond our check out time.  But, on the way up to Dead Horse, the snow resumed.  Luckily, the pavement melts it quickly and we never felt unsafe.  We have had below freezing temps for 2 nights here.  Looking forward to using our shower tomorrow!

Eric, this is spectacular country.  Every turn is a Kodak moment.  The sunrise was beautiful and check out the view tonight from our front window.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am so glad that you guys are having a great trip, Sharon & John! I miss the west! Summer cannot come fast enough. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    @Sam, Great pictures! Look forward to doing a similar trip in the future. Are you making a list of "lessons learned"? I'm sure you're picking up some valuable do's and don'ts. 
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @jkjenn , I have been thinking a lot about your travels out here!  I can understand your affinity for this area.  No doubt we will return.

@DINDAnLAN
    Lessons so far:  
    1.  Since it rains so little out here, you don’t need a 40# canopy to cover the CS galley.  We brought a Laputa mini canopy/cabana that weighs only a few pounds and would provide very adequate coverage.

2.  Warm your coffee cups on the rear radiator shelf.

3.  The tent for us is not so useful in very cold weather.

4.  The wet bath makes great storage.  Suction hooks hold light coats well.

5.  The CSS galley and plumbing under the driver side bench stays warm due to the Alde.  We only put antifreeze down the shower/gray tank and toilet/black tank.  Will let you know how that goes.

6.  Bring less stuff!
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    SAM said:        6.  Bring less stuff!
    =)  :o  =)  :o  =)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    @MuttonChops, Good one! :rofl:@SAM, Every adventure has a tendency to sway your wants & needs list, depending on where you go & what you plan to do while you're there. I've narrowed mine down to 2 lists: Up to 3 days, More than 3 days. Of course one of the "optional" things is whether I'm boondocking or not, & need to take solar panels & extra water containers. Very glad you're enjoying your adventure. Thanks again for sharing! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    If camping in a warmer area I will leave the backup propane tank at home.  We have 1-2 too many tables.  DH is making good use of the Wal-Mart table at the galley, inside the TaB and used as a support on the front tub for siphoning water.

BTW - the fresh water tank did not freeze!
  • Options
    @SAM, the extra propane tank is always the first thing packed, for me anyway. I get the empty spare tank filled rather quickly after changing it out. Believe me, there is something about waking up at 5 am to 58* that you just don’t really want to hear me complaining about ;)  

The 3rd camping chair is being put in on the free table tomorrow. I’ve already put the jeans on the table after I have lost some weight. (They were snatched up in less than 15 minutes!). The T@B tent was sold. And many small things are leaving the T@B very soon!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    @SAM, the extra propane tank is always the first thing packed, for me anyway. I get the empty spare tank filled rather quickly after changing it out. Believe me, there is something about waking up at 5 am to 58* that you just don’t really want to hear me complaining about ;)  

SAM said:
    If camping in a warmer area I will leave the backup propane tank at home.  We have 1-2 too many tables.  DH is making good use of the Wal-Mart table at the galley, inside the TaB and used as a support on the front tub for siphoning water.

BTW - the fresh water tank did not freeze!

If I am not going to be in the same site for more than a week, I leave the spare bottle at home. It is easier to stop and refill than pack an extra bottle. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ccrider098ccrider098 Member Posts: 15
    4ncar said:

Cape Hatteras,NC. 35mph gusts, and steady 20-25mph. Temps to 28f. Tent held up to wind & driving rain, with only a few issues. Toasty inside Dor@!
    Nice setup. We just bought the same tent but haven't used it yet. What kind of issues did you have? Was the tent waterproof? 
  • Options
    mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    @sam   I just saw pic in Moab..    We stayed at the moab rim park for 2 nights when we were there in Sept..   Dead Horse was full...   looks like the same spot we were in ..  the place was full when we were there..  Enjoy the rest of the trip..  
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    edited March 2018
    @Verna you sold the tent? I couldn’t see being with out; it provides shelter for my kitchen in rain or cold.  I even heated it with an electric oil filled radiator when we went to the outer banks after Christmas...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    @4ncar, yes, I sold the tent. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
This discussion has been closed.