Options

Anyone know a rough idea of the cost to wire my car for my T@B's lights and brake system?

Just bought a new car so have to have it done all over again
Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    What make/model? Doest it have the factory tow package and the minimal 4-pin plug? Need a new brake controller as well or just the wiring?
  • Options
    Kurt_SueAnnKurt_SueAnn Member Posts: 10
    When I bought my T@G (June, 13), the dealer installed the hitch and wiring for around $400.00 just had the van done for the T@B for a little under $600.00 (Oct, 16). These prices were turn key including all parts and labor. I could have saved over half if I purchased the parts and did the work myself, but there are some things I prefer to leave to the professionals. *The T@B needed the brake controller whereas the T@G did not. I live in Western Pa, prices may vary where you live. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Hmmmm - Mine was only around $150-175 ... That's why I asked the questions, depends on where you're starting from.
  • Options
    luvmytabluvmytab Member Posts: 66
    thanks everyone...mine will be 223.00 plus tax for the brake controller on my 2016 4runner...already has the wiring for lights
    Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Make sure they add a charge line for the battery.  They do not do this as a routine unless you specify.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Rolltide82Rolltide82 Member Posts: 89
    10 or 8 guage wire for the charge line?
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    8 will give you a higher rate of charge while driving, but 10 is also acceptable if the costs are a concern.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    Make sure they run the wire so it's nowhere near the exhaust system - Uhaul strung mine too close and it finally melted the insulation and shorted out.
  • Options
    JoanJoan Member Posts: 11
    We had uhaul install the hitch and the 7 pin wiring on a 2013 Subaru Outback=$389
    Then our local car mechanic install the electric brake for $485. I think it may be on the high side for price but worth it to me to know it was done correctly and backed by warranty.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Joan said:
    We had uhaul install the hitch and the 7 pin wiring on a 2013 Subaru Outback=$389
    Then our local car mechanic install the electric brake for $485. I think it may be on the high side for price but worth it to me to know it was done correctly and backed by warranty.
    People have mixed experiences with UHaul. I had a good one but others have reported bad ones. When I bought the T@b my RV dealer did it all for $150. I would try to negotiate the wiring as part of the sale. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014