Options

2017 Fall J@m - September - Pacif NW - T@b Gathering at Ft Worden State Park, Pt Townsend, WA

Comments

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Wow. I wish I could attend-I want to travel to this part of the country so badly.  But, I just checked and its a 23 hour drive from Phoenix.  Definitely coming your way next year.  Looks like a great really. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @Sawtooth - Yay!!!!  Glad you are coming.  We just bought ours in October and can't wait to meet everyone.

@cbarnhill - Next year!  Can't wait to meet you too.  We are hitting Phoenix-like temps today in WA.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    MushkinManorMushkinManor Member Posts: 5
    @2Cougs - We will be in site 73.   Washington State T@bbers page on FB has about 12 (I think) going, but they could also be members of this group.   You will have a blast at these rallies!   
    Tricia & Paul  
    Lynnwood, WA  "MushkinM@nor" 
    2013 T@b 320S  (Gray w/Black Trim) TV: 2022 Chevy Tahoe
    Former TV:  2001 Corvette ~ Retired  :)
  • Options
    FuzzyYanniFuzzyYanni Member Posts: 110
    Posting on behalf of Bob Chandler for ApacheCamping.com

Good afternoon,
    I am the manager of Apache Camping Center in Poulsbo, Washington. Our dealership carries the T@B brand. I would be interested in talking to somebody that is in charge of setting up your event in September at Fort Worden. I would love to have the opportunity to bring the new T@b 400, along with a couple of other models for display. We could be available to answer questions and talk about the product. In NO way are we a pushy group. We have been in business since 1971 and I am sure alot of your members have done business with us at our Everett and Tacoma store. We are the 4th store our company has opened and we are very excited about being part of the Peninsula.
    If this could be forward to the powers to be, that would be great. If this is the powers to be then please let me know if this is something we could talk about.
    Sincerely,
    Bob bob@apachecamping.com

"I know one thing, I know nothing."
  • Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    Ok looks like all the camping spots are booked if anyone can't make it we will buy your spot.
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    I might not be able to make it and I will let you know.  I have a fabulous site reserved site 42 arriving Sept 21 leaving Sept 26th.  I have been ill and am not sure I will be able to travel  I will let you know.  Don't know when however

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    edited July 2017
    Wow!  I have been off doing some work stuff and are so pleased to see everyone posting to support the Ft. Worden Jamboree!  I will start working up some lists from the accumulated postings and see where we are.  We just love everyone's enthusiasm.  Stay tuned!

@FuzzyYanni Thank you!  I reached out to the Apache Camper folks in Poulsbo tonight, and we are coordinating with them and the Park next week to get them approved to bring the new T@b out as part of our meeting on Saturday possibly...gotta work out the logistics with approvals but should be no problem.  (We bought from Apache in Tacoma, and they just opened this Poulsbo, WA location.  We have been having to go back and forth to Tacoma with the T@b for warranty work and are happy there is a closer location now.  Actually, our T@b is currently in the shop at the Poulsbo office!)

Thanks to all who have posted here and on other sites to share info!
    @mariner459
  • Options
    @BirdieJane and others.....thinking out of the box here.....if the Ft. Worden campground is full, a couple of miles or so down the road is the Jefferson County Fairgrounds facility.  They also have some very basic RV spots with a few amenities.  You'd have to shuttle yourself onto Ft. Worden from there (bike or car?).  If driving onto Ft. Worden, you would need the annual park pass for day use but you could do that and still join us at the Kitchen Shelter gathering Saturday, etc.   http://www.jeffcofairgrounds.com/campground

Also close by but often booked is http://portofpt.com/recreation-and-lodging/rv-facilities/  also a couple of miles or so away and across the water close to the downtown.

Just some things you might want to research.  Check my estimates of distance on the map...I am just ballparking here.   I know it's further than I would walk, so I'd drive.  :-)

@TTTab we so hope you are on the mend and can join us!

• Options
    MortyandDottieMortyandDottie Member Posts: 37
    @Mariner459 We live in Poulsbo and purchased our Outback from Apache in Poulsbo in May.  A great group of folks and were a pleasure to deal with.  Looking forward to meeting everyone in Sept. 
    Charles, Dee and the Dogs, Poulsbo WA

2017 Silver on Silver T@B S Outback

2017 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    @Mariner459
    Thanks!
    2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    mbwittmanmbwittman Member Posts: 6
    We are going to be camping at the beautiful Ft. Worden State Park the weekend of September Friday 22- Monday 25, 2017.  Decided to share it with everyone here and encourage any who want to join in to jump on making reservations NOW. 

• I have also reserved/paid for the day use "Beach Shelter" for Saturday (available 9 a.m. until 30 min before dusk) so we can get together for a potluck, music jam, talent show, or something. (I paid the shelter use fee so we could grab it and welcome a donation onsite towards the cost and some help cleaning up if possible ;-) Receipt for shelter will be shared. 
    • Here is a screenshot of what is available at the beach side campground in green as of a few minutes ago.  They also have a forest campground on the other end. Once I see we have a group of folks joining in, I will propose an agenda for the Saturday get together for input.  Calling it the 2017 Fall J@m right now. 
    • Here is the link to register/reserve (Ft. Worden just went onto this reservation system):   https://washington.goingtocamp.com/Home.aspx  
    • Here is a link to read about the park itself but note you make the camping reservations now at above link! They also rent other accommodations but camping is now on the goingtocamp site above.   http://fortworden.org/ 
    • WA State Parks honors various discounts, too, such as Disabled, Veteran, etc. if you sign up accordingly.  

So, if you can go and get reserved, let us know here.  
    This is our first attempt to do something like this!  We will arrive Friday night and leave probably late Sunday evening or Monday morning.

Melanie, Frank and our Three Corgis
    2017 Max S Sofitel (still to be named)

• Options
    mbwittmanmbwittman Member Posts: 6
    Sounds great but will be out of town that weekend. Would love to join in the next one!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @wizard1880, @Dalehelman, @j_ntabowners, @JerryandVicki, @TTTab, @CyndiMax, @2Cougs, @Dogden, @Bill_Cochrane, @Aussie, @sephaj, @FuzzyYanni, @MushkinManor, @MortyandDottie, @Sawtooth and all planning to attend.

**Updated with Google Docs link instead: 

We have combed through the posts here and put together this master spreadsheet just to help us organize a bit.  Click on this Google Docs Link  to enter your own changes:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R_NExps8RfzgZEv3XjO9NS2P1n-4yI1vaqEEKHrlwYg/edit?usp=sharing . Please take a look and make any changes needed there OR if you don't have a Google logon (like signing in for gmail, etc.) or don't want to use it, let me know any changes or additions by replying here and I will make the updates for you in the doc.  I've set it up to allow you to share the link with any  T@b/T@g teardrop enthusiasts so they can register, volunteer, etc.

The upper section of the spreadsheet registers folks and the far right red section is the activity list where we are still looking for leaders/coordinators by activity name. 

If you will be staying in another park or renting a historic house onsite, please do register with us here with a location note and join in!  (See my post above with alternate campground facilities as a possibility.)

@mushkinmanor, please share the link above with folks on Facebook for them to update the file or give me changes here.  Tell them we'd love to have them here in the forum, too!  :-)  I can also provide an Excel version of the spreadsheet to help the brave soul willing to coordinate that for us.  :-)

Thanks to everyone for your continued interest!

Mariner459
    Melanie, Frank, and the 3 Corgis
  • Options
    If you put that spreadsheet in Google Docs multiple people can edit it at the same time it'll have revision control and we can all slowly enter our info
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @FuzzyYanni
    Will do...didn't know if everyone is Google Docs savvy so I went old school.  ETA tomorrow. AFK. Thanks! :-)

• Options
    MushkinManorMushkinManor Member Posts: 5
    @Mariner459 - I just posted a msg on Washington State T@bbers to ask for their info on those attending from that page.   Then I saw Yanni's post about Google Doc.  I'm old school too, so I'll relay what I get to you.    =)
    Tricia & Paul  
    Lynnwood, WA  "MushkinM@nor" 
    2013 T@b 320S  (Gray w/Black Trim) TV: 2022 Chevy Tahoe
    Former TV:  2001 Corvette ~ Retired  :)
  • Options
    @fuzzyyanni @MushkinManor
    When I get back to my laptop, I will set up a Google Docs link and also take inputs from posts as planned.  It's all good!   :)
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @Mariner459 - Camping right now.  Home tomorrow.  I know google docs and agree it is an easy way to go with this.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    OK folks, I updated the above post with a Google Docs Link.  @MushkinManor check it out, you might enjoy it....or I will help you and post what you give me.  Your Facebookers might enjoy using the link, too. @fuzzyyanni, thanks for the nudge.  @2Cougs hope you are having fun camping!

• Options
    I froze the two top rows so you can still see what the headings are for each column.
  • Options
    B)B)B) I spy more signups on the Spreadsheet on Google Docs!  Welcome all! Reposting the link here below so folks will see it easily and update/register/volunteer.

Please give your party's headcounts, site #, etc., as well as ideas for activities, your ideas for food for the Saturday gathering in Kitchen Building, and please offer to help coordinate some social activities.  We will have mostly free time over the three or four days but would like to identify some interests now so we can see what to put on that Saturday event agenda especially.  Please add your ideas on the spreadsheet or send them to me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R_NExps8RfzgZEv3XjO9NS2P1n-4yI1vaqEEKHrlwYg/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    Just had to share....I have been researching ideas for RV enthusiast rallies.  Here's one I found on an Airstream rally forum......."We played sewer hose toss at RMVAC vintage rally and it was clever and a blast. Who knew. The idea is to see who can throw a sewer hose the furthest."

• Options
    robnkarolerobnkarole Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased our 2018 T@B Outback. It will be here the first week of September and we're excited to join all of you at Fort Worden. As all the camp sites there are booked, we'll camp at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. And like others that have posted, we'd be happy to buy anyone's reservation at Fort Worden if they are unable to use it. Looking forward to meeting all of you.  Rob & Karole
  • Options
    Welcome all!  Great to see more folks joining in!  I've talked with the senior park ranger, and he sends his best wishes for us to have a wonderful family outing and enjoy the park.  We snuck up and camped there last weekend, and it was glorious.  We had about 3 stop bys per day of teardrop-curious looky loos which we enjoy meeting.  T@Bs are just the best ice breakers aren't they?  

Please add your names and info to the spreadsheet on the link a couple of messages above if you haven't already.  

And special shout out to our new T@BBERS and those who are camping in the area and planning to come over Saturday....thanks for scouting out other venues.  We noticed that people brought their rigs into the park with their day pass and parked in the ample overflow parking area for the day use (must vacate at dusk)....might be an option to consider if you can do so off grid for the daylight time....and you want to have your T@b handy. Just a thought.  

Melanie 
  • Options
    I just realized there was no event for this Rally in our facebook group so I created a new event. 

https://goo.gl/pkKbLf

• Options
    People seem to be very interested in Trailer Mods, so here is an idea !
    Hey Dale Helman - would you like to co-host a event where we chat and show useful modifications for our trailers? We could do half at your trailer (T@B) and half at ours (T@DA).
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hey Dale Helman - would you like to co-host a event where we chat and show useful modifications for our trailers? We could do half at your trailer (T@B) and half at ours (T@DA)

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Hey Dale Helman - would you like to co-host a event where we chat and show useful modifications for our trailers? We could do half at your trailer (T@B) and half at ours (T@DA).
    I am in.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    I am in.
    Sweet!  Mods Ahoy My Captain!