Options

2017 Fall J@m - September - Pacif NW - T@b Gathering at Ft Worden State Park, Pt Townsend, WA

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    That's what I understand.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    robnkarolerobnkarole Member Posts: 5
    Sorry to miss this event. A family memorial service will keep as away. See you in May when East meets West.  ~~rob and karole
  • Options
    RedDoorGalsRedDoorGals Member Posts: 23
    sephaj said:
    @RedDoorGals Could you expound a bit about " take the cover off the ceiling vent to avoid an expensive doubling
    of your ferry fees! " ?
    sephaj: I read it on another person's post...and haven't tried it yet. WA State ferries charge a substantial surcharge if your vehicle is over 7'6".  This including having bikes on roof racks or tall RV's, or....So, a person noted that if you take the "dome cover" off the Fantastic Fan for the ferry crossing, it keeps you under the 7'6" threshold, thus means your fare is not doubled.  Again, I haven't gone out to look at what that might entail...but the cost difference is substantial (in the $50 range when we came home from Port Townsend to Whidbey and didn't know this trick).

2018 T@B CS-S; pulled by a 2010 Toyota Tacoma v6
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I believe the standard factory vent cover when closed is low enough. The problem is if you have added the much taller cover that allows you keep vent open if it rains.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    Hi everyone.  Well, the big Pacific NW Jamboree weekend is almost here.  
    We show 23 families have signed up on the spreadsheet.  I think there may be one or two additional participants after reading the posts.  

If you haven't signed up there, please follow this link and do so.

Click on this Google Docs Link  to enter your own changes:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R_NExps8RfzgZEv3XjO9NS2P1n-4yI1vaqEEKHrlwYg/edit?usp=sharing . Please take a look and make any changes needed there.

Frank and I will be going to the park office Sat a.m. and confirming the reservation for the Beach Shelter.  I was told we can have it after 9 am, so we would like everyone to gather there between 9 and 930 for name tags and set up.

We expect to kickoff at 10.

We will open the festivities with a sign in, welcome, agenda, and ice breaker.  We also have scheduled a special guest from the Apache Campers to present info on brakes, winterizing, aftermarket products, and general maintenance Q&A.

We would like to set up an area for swap meet inside the shelter, too.

Yall are planning some mod presentations and breakout discussions I understand, too.

We will plan to have pot luck lunch (noon) and any snacks with lots of time to get acquainted, games, music by our talented minstrel T@bbers. Please bring your own beverages and be mindful of park rules on alcohol, etc.

There are picnic tables inside the shelter (see earlier post of pics) and extra parking right next to the building but that can fill on busy park days....hoping we are off peak.

We look forward to meeting everyone!  Safe travels all.

Excited!
    Melanie and Frank

• Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    OK I am no longer in remission. My colitis is back and i will not be able to make the trip from MN to Port Townsend.  Here is my reservation info.
    Check-in:Thu 21-Sep-17  2:30 PM
    Check-out:Tue 26-Sep-17  1:00 PM
    Campground Name:Beach

@BirdieJane are you still interested in taking my spot?  I will call the campground and cancel or find out what I can do to transfer it.  I am so disappointed.

Call me 612 590 6665 Linda

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    edited September 2017
     Hi TTTab 
    we are so sorry that your health is preventing you from this trip. We will give you a call, Our number is 360-739-1692 my name is Mike.
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    Well we had made plans to go to Oregon, in place of The Port Townsend event. When we had read you were going to make it. It is now to late to cancel them. I hope others will spread the word on your space. We will be praying for you and your health.
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    If anyone is interested in my space call me today. If not I will be contacting the campground and canceling.  Have a wonderful time T@bbers
  • Options
    IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
    Is there a date & time for the mod discussion & Apache presentation? Thanks.
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    sephajsephaj Member Posts: 16
    @TTTab, so sorry about your health. Hope to meet you some day when you're feeling better.
  • Options
    Hey All,
    Regarding the potluck, I'm drawing a blank due to the small size of the refrigerator in my T@b, considering that I also need to be bringing enough food for 4 days as well.  Any ideas?  I suppose that I could bring an additional cooler...
  • Options
    @sephaj there are two grocery stores in town if that's helpful.  And a propane stove top I was told in the beach shelter.
  • Options
    @IslandJo. I rented the beach shelter (see earlier posts) for the Saturday of the Jam so we could be all together.  I am asking them to attend that day, too.
  • Options
    I cancelled my reservations

• Options
    @TTTab again, so sorry we won't see yall this time...maybe next! We pray for your healing and restoration.  

Melanie and Frank
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2017
    Darn @TTTab I was going to let you know that many parks will let you reschedule your reservation without a fee instead of eating the cancelation fee. It's like that on the right coast. Not sure how it is on the left coast. Please feel better!!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    For all you folks headed to the F@LL J@M at Ft. Worden, travel safe & PLEASE post some photos for those of us unable to attend. Most of all....HAVE FUN!!!! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    For those of you traveling the Pacific Northwest, travel safely. The weather is gonna do ALL kinds of crazy stuff in our area over the next few days following our long dry spell. Yesterday afternoon was a REAL good indicator of what's in store for the next few days. Thunderstorms, lightning, high winds, and hail all swept through here yesterday. I saw a couple folks pull over on our residential street when the hail was coming down real hard. A LOT cooler weather through the end of this week, so be careful if you're traveling over the passes in the higher elevations. Please be safe out there! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    How did the wolfT@B fair in the hail @ericnliz?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    At least the weather for the trip looks fantastic -- no rain to speak of, temps in the 60s, and light winds.

We decided to use our Jetta for our TV this trip, since there's no mountains to climb and it will cost us less than half on the ferry! (measured length is 29 foot, 6 inches-whew!)

Any word on if the campfire ban has been lifted, in light of the recent rainy weather?
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    Good question!  We are driving around instead of Ferry... we are 35 feet with TV!  Too expensive for Ferry ride! :o
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    For some reason, Washington parks doesn't provide burn ban information for Fort Worden.  However, all other campgrounds in the vicinity have no bans.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Everything is fine...no dings, or dents. Just REAL glad I wasn't on a highway with the trailer during that one. Some of the hailstones got to be pretty good sized.
    @2Cougs, A lot nicer drive going around anyway if you're not in a hurry. Beautiful drive going up the coast through Port Angeles to Port Townsend. Have fun & drive safe!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @Mariner459 there are quite a few of us who can't attend for various reasons, but will travel with you all in spirit. Pictures and posts are always appreciated at this end! It looks like it will be a fun gathering! B)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @2Cougs I will be driving around too - from what I can tell, it will take approximately 3.25 hours
  • Options
    Hello all,  I am taking a work break so I can catch up here on the fun stuff.  Well, it's almost Jamboree time!  We will share the agenda as soon as I gather all the inputs and will hand out copies on Saturday morning at the Beach Shelter. Someone has asked about the pot luck signup to know what to bring.  Most folks have not confirmed their food items here on the signup, and I have been asked by several to not formalize and finalize plans until we gather Saturday morning at the shelter.  I assume we will have a trip to the grocery store or delis for some which is cool.  I am sure it will be fine as we are there for several days.  It might be a pot luck dinner or linner rather than lunch first thing Saturday??  The important thing is everyone arrives safe and has this opportunity to relax and meet fellow campers over the weekend!  I hope to get into the beach shelter by 9:30 am and kickoff at 10 as mentioned earlier. We can review the plans and schedule at that time....which is very hard for me to resist doing as I am a 20 year project manager, btw.  Chillaxing.

@homebodyatheart and others.....Meanwhile, please post your photos/videos in this discussion thread I created over in the designated Trips/Pics folder in the forum so everyone can enjoy:

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/5772/pacific-nw-jamboree-sept-2017-photos/p1?new=1

I will try to monitor my email on my smart phone as we all head in. 

See yall SOOOOOON!
    Melanie
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Jam Agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OK...here is a crack at the agenda to help us get started Saturday morning.  Thanks to folks who signed up to be leaders of different things....we will work with you to adjust this on the fly as needed for sure.  

Great Minds Camp Alike!

Pacific NW Jamboree September 2017

Saturday, September 23

9:30 -10:00 am      Sign-in (Beach Shelter)

10:00 -11:00 am   Kickoff (Beach Shelter)

-      Welcome, Icebreaker

-      Schedule Review and Activities Planning

11:00-12:00 pm    Guest Speaker, Phil (Beach Shelter)

Apache Camping Dealer, Poulsbo, WA

-      Brakes, Winterizing

-      Sewer Hose Storage, Q&A

12:00 – 1:00 pm Break on your own

1:00 – 2:00 pm  Swap Meet Table (Beach Shelter)

2:00 – 3:00 pm Mod Presentations (Beach Shelter)

3:00 – 4:00 pm  Games (Beach Shelter)

4:00 – 5:00 pm  Potluck (Beach Shelter)

(Bring your own plates/fork/napkins, beverage, protein 

AND a side dish or dessert to share)

5:00 – 6:00 pm Sing a long (Beach Shelter)

6:00 – 7:00 pm Wrap up and Everyone Clean up (Beach Shelter) to return Shelter keys

Sunday, September 24

10:00  – noon      Walk-abouts and Visitations at Registered Sites

Noon – 2:00 pm  Lunch on your own or groups meeting at sites or in town

2:00 – 4:00 pm    Bring Your Chair Round Up in the middle Beach Camp Overflow Parking

Weather  Permitting

4:00 – 6:00 pm     Dinner on your own or groups meeting at sites or in town

POST PHOTOS AND VIDEOS HERE:  

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/5772/pacific-nw-jamboree-sept-2017-photos/p1?new=1

And here is the registration list we have been using:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R_NExps8RfzgZEv3XjO9NS2P1n-4yI1vaqEEKHrlwYg/edit?usp=sharing .

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    Let the fun begin!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Thanks for checking in @2Cougs. Have a great weekend!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red