Options

Diamond Plate LP Cover/Platform Install & Dual Batteries

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
I decided to have the factory add the diamond plate tub and platform while they were fixing my delam issue (I will cover in another thread.) I really liked the accent color plastic cover, but I needed to deal with storage. I was carrying my spare in my TV because it would not fit on the tongue. It was either modify the T@b or get a roof rack for the TV. I started estimating the cost of a good roof rack and the price was going to top $500 as well as impact gas mileage and add road noise so I decided to look at adding the diamond plate tub and/or the platform for the Outback. I will be able to move my spare to the tongue as well as my 2 Action Packers to the platform. One action packer carries my Flush king, rubber gloves, the sewer donut and sewer hose risers. The other holds....actually, I have to look, I don't remember. :)

So, I had sent Austin the photo of Michigan Mike's batteries and guess what? Not all GC batteries are the same size. :) The Trojan T-105's are bigger than the Interstate batteries, so they modified the tub by cutting a bit more out of the back and adding a piece of angle. 

Honestly, I didn't get a chance to look to thoroughly at the tub because heavy snow rolled in, but when it is a little drier, I will look at everything, more carefully to see what, if anything else will fit inside the tub. I am hoping, at minimum, my BAL leveler will fit. 

I am still debating the tongue storage for the sewer hose and debating between the DIY and off the shelf kit from the Teardrop Shop.  That would allow me to possibly replace one of the action packers on the platform with my 5 Gal water jug. 

I really like the look of the tub and platform better than I thought I would. I can easily reach the stabilizers. I am not yet sure about the tank gates, especially the grey tank. I may end up adding extensions, there.

My T@b is slowly becoming the "Almost Outback" T@b. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments