Options

The table beneath the bed collapsed! (And other musings)

2»

Comments

• Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    We found it at Joanns Fabric 
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,520

You can configure them to what works best for you.   This has been a very a well researched and discussed topic here on the forum in the past and if you type in bed slats and search it you will find considerable posts and excellent info on this subject.  My bed slats are very similar to these.  I bought a flat bungy style cord at Home depot, stapled it to the bottom of my slats and this allows me to fold them up accordion style and store them in my bench seat on the driver's side when not in use.  
    Hi - I understand that people have made bed slats themselves out of various kinds of wood. I'm asking specifically if there is any downside to simply taking the 2 boards that came with trailer (they look like MDF + corian or similar to match the table) and ripping them into 4 boards. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,561
    Marcelinem, if you don't like storing all of them, you can leave 1 or 2 in place at the rear of the benches, place the other 2 boards either under or behind your bench cushions, remove your table and use a smaller fold up table - much easier.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,493
    @Marceline, from an engineering perspective, four narrow boards will be marginally less strong than two wider boards.

Will they still be strong enough? Probably.

If not, so what? Just replace 'em with something better!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    @Marceline - Remember that here on the forum we are not always comparing apples to apples.  I have a CS-S that MAY be like yours.  We do not have the slat configuration that Mike shows.  IF yours is like mine, the spare 2 pieces fit nicely on top of each other and against the back wall and the table is positioned over it so as to give more room getting in and out under the AC.  I would NEVER get rid of my table... we use it, and it IS the bed ;)

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    edited June 2017

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA