Options

üCamp17, July 24-29, 2017 *Update 5/2/2017

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @mona, great idea. I will do the same if we can arrange to be there.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435

mona said:

I'm volunteering my services as a dog sitter for those who want to do a factory tour. 

Excellent initiative Mona for the good of all. I would the same, and have recently added a portable fenced pen to my load-o-stuff-to-haul-with but, alas, I cannot go this year due to WORK (bleh). Maybe next year...
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    SharonKSharonK Member Posts: 22
     I am really looking forward to this event!  Looks like we will have great covered spaces for our get-togethers.  I spent some time in the Sugarcreek area last year and had a great time.  My question:  Will there be picnic tables at the campsites? I haven't noticed any in the pictures other than in the large covered building.  Just planning my gear :)  Thanks for answering all our questions, Mike & Verna!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @SharonK, I do not have an answer for the picnic table question.  If you have time, you might call the campground, and post the answer here, please. If there aren't tables at each site, I'll bet we can always improvise!   
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    How might I find out if fewer than 100 have signed up? DH will not go unless we will have electric for A/C.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    @Photomom, you'll need to call nüCamp and ask the receptionist to direct your call to the correct person. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Photomom, if you go to the signup page, and click "register", you will be able to see how many sites are available.

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    SharonKSharonK Member Posts: 22

I spoke with Jan @ Sugarcreek about picnic tables.  There are approximately 80 tables in the 2 shelters and dispersed around the campground; however, they are not at each campsite.  She said we could move tables from the shelters to campsites as long as we left enough in the shelters for our activities.  I will bring my table just in case there are not enough to go around :)

• Options
    edited May 2017

mona said:

Photomom, if you go to the signup page, and click "register", you will be able to see how many sites are available.

Jeannie

I called nuCamp and the receptionist said only about 48 have signed up so far. When you get to the Eventbrite register page you can see how many spaces are left - 165 as of this writing. Out of 200 total. So it appears there are a number of spaces left that will provide utilities. So DH is willing to go and we are signed up. Need to decide about bringing Max.
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    Lisa and I just signed up, we will see you all there in July!
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    registered today, this will be Bowser's Bed & Bre@k@st's first rally, naturally it should be a "NuCamp Rally! thanks to all for making things happen
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    I see that there is a geocache at Winklepleck Grove Park, and a number of highly favorited geocaches near Sugarcreek. We'll be doing a few of those if anyone wants to join us. Which day depends on the weather!
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116

Photomom said:

I see that there is a geocache at Winklepleck Grove Park, and a number of highly favorited geocaches near Sugarcreek. We'll be doing a few of those if anyone wants to join us. Which day depends on the weather!

I would love to join you! I have wanted to learn to do this! I have the app downloaded and that's as far as I've gotten. Thanks!
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    @Photomom, I, too would love to do this. It has to be early in the am because I tend to get busy with helping, coordinating, etc. Catch me before anyone else drafts me for something!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    If anyone wants to join us, download the free Geocaching app by Groundspeak Inc. to your smartphone and create a username and password for yourself. When prompted, enable location services (that's how the app knows how close you are to a geocache.)
  • Options
    Verna, just interested , who's keeping track of the first 100? want to make sure we get electricity as this is our first rally and will still be trying to figure out battery capabilities...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Count us in on the geocaching outing. We have the app and enough experience to be able to help others get started.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    looking to meet you also Mike, and many others on this forum, it's about the experience and the memories... and creating new friendships
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    FJcruisinFJcruisin Member Posts: 2
    So excited; this will be our first rally with our T@B!  We have to bring our pups (Pyrenees and Bassett,) as we won't have a sitter available.  Looks like there will be other dogs there, so should be a good time!  Any word on if there are planned activities on any certain days?  
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861

FJcruisin said:

So excited; this will be our first rally with our T@B!  We have to bring our pups (Pyrenees and Bassett,) as we won't have a sitter available.  Looks like there will be other dogs there, so should be a good time!  Any word on if there are planned activities on any certain days?  

They do plan to hold some workshops, may have exhibits/demos, etc.   There will be some entertainment too.   they were working on all of this when I was leaving Sugarcreek about three weeks ago.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    do they need volunteer T@G's for any mods....like the tv mod on swinging door, be willing to sacrifice our 2017T@g Max xl for the others to see how to do it...   ;)
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    @ontheroad, there will be a schedule coming out for owners to schedule an appointment for the factory to perform upgrades or repairs, for a fee
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    thanks Verna, very interested...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    What is the procedure for arranging trailer mods at the event? I am thinking of having the exterior storage access door added.
  • Options
    Photomom said:
    What is the procedure for arranging trailer mods at the event? I am thinking of having the exterior storage access door added.
    We'll have to patiently wait for the mod list to come out.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Photomom said:
    We'll have to patiently wait for the mod list to come out.
    So they say which mods they offer and we sign up? Does this happen at the event or in advance?
  • Options
    Photomom, we need to be patient. I have not been told of the exact details yet. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
This discussion has been closed.