üCamp17, July 24-29, 2017 *Update 5/2/2017

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232

nüCamp has announced their upcoming rally

Information is below:

Come celebrate üCAMP17, the inaugural gathering of T@B, T@G, and teardrop enthusiasts held in the heart of Ohio's Amish Country in Sugarcreek, Ohio. This new event will be hosted by nüCamp RV as a way for members of the community to connect with each other and with folks from the nüCamp RV factory.

The venue, Winklepleck Grove Campground in Sugarcreek, Ohio, has been secured, and there are 200 camping spaces available. These are primitive spaces, and nüCamp will be bringing in shower houses (A/C not permitted) for the event. Power is only 7-AMP service, which is not sufficient to run refrigerators, A/C, microwaves, etc. Water and septic service are not available, though water will be centrally available. This is the same campground where the annual Airstream Rally is held in conjunction with the Ohio Swiss Festival.

Your registration fee of $149 per space includes a welcome gift, one catered breakfast and one catered dinner provided by your friends at nüCamp RV. NOTE: The price is per camping space, not per camper. A family of three, for example, pays only $149.

The event program is still under development, and we will be reaching out to members of the community for their suggestions and input. Factory tours will be on the agenda, of course! You'll have a chance to connect with our sales, marketing, service, and R&D teams--and we can't wait for your feedback and suggestions.

There's a lot to do here in the heart of Ohio's Amish Country, including several noteworthy vinyards, some great shopping, and fantastic dining.This will be an event that you don't want to miss, so reserve your spot early and stay tuned as we release more details in the coming weeks!
You can signup here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ucamp17-the-annual-gathering-of-tb-tg-and-teardrop-enthusiasts-registration-33116827322

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    The announcement does not include the date, one has to visit the registration link to find out, but it is July 24-29.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Thanks, I forgot to add that.

Sterling, VA
  • HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 21
    I googled the campground, trying to find the "rules".  No luck.  Are generators allowed?  If so, what are the hours for generator use?  I can see wanting to use a generator (it's July and will likely be hot) but they are noisy (especially if lots of folks use them).  Also, I saw a picture of an Airstream gathering and the campers were packed in like sardines, not distributed on individual sites.  However it was only one picture and it might not be an accurate representation of how campers will be distributed.  Anyone know anything on these two subjects?  If there is a place discussing such matters, I missed it.  If you'll point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @HellFish, we really don't know a lot of the details like generators, for instance.  We just found out about it on April 6th and we've been quite busy with the new forum. Be patient and we'll post as we get more information. And, by the way, welcome!  I haven't "talked" to you in some time. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

@cyclonic: To make it easy I think you should edit the discussion post to link the image to the registration site:

It's likely many visitors will click on the image to "register now" which currently links to the image only.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • monamona Member Posts: 240
    The campground is owned by the city of Sugarcreek.  Contact number listed for the campground is 330 852 4112.

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 

@cyclonic: To make it easy I think you should edit the discussion post to link the image to the registration site:

It's likely many visitors will click on the image to "register now" which currently links to the image only.

Thanks for reminding me.  I had intended to do that but could not get it linked while working on it on my phone, and flat out forgot about it when I got home yesterday.

Sterling, VA
    nuCamp is working on a solution for the power and will keep us apprised of the situation.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • SharonKSharonK Member Posts: 22

Really happy that nuCamp is sponsoring a gathering. They mention adding a shower house - does that include toilets?  I will watch for updates.....  Thanks :)

• fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    Thank you so much for all this info.  Very much looking forward to this event and the opportunity to "learn things".  We are not educated boon dockers,  but have spent much time in a tent without electric water toilets showers and just kept going back.  We appreciate so many things about the T@B, like a luxury hotel, but know we do not have to have it all.  Some one here says something about a journey rightly considered and we aspire to meet that criteria.

It's gonna be great fun!

D
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    We've made a lot of friends with these trailers and learned a lot from others as well.  The hosts are great people and you can feel the energy, friendship and love from within when you visit the factory and Sugarcreek.   It was a beautiful ride down on Tuesday afternoon, the sun was shinning, people were out enjoying the weather, plowing the fields and the buds and blooms were on the trees as spring was definitely in the air.....  This will be a fun event and you definitely will learn some things down there, not only about the trailers, but the culture and the people who inhabit the area.   Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones as well!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Thanks so much Mike! Good information. I learned so much from everyone last year, that I look forward to learning more now that I know what questions to ask. Having shade is going to be wonderful! I am happy to help in any way needed!
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• FJcruisinFJcruisin Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all of the information!  This will likely be our first rally with our new-to-us T@B.  Couldn't be more excited!!!
  • thelawgoddessthelawgoddess Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info! Any word yet on generator use? 
    2016 T@B M@x S Sofitel • Huntsville, AL

Thanks for the info! Any word yet on generator use? 

No.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • mrlynch1953mrlynch1953 Member Posts: 40
    Soooo glad to hear about the ports potties. I was concerned since the flier listed no sewage facilities but as you've said, no dumping. So we might be hot but we can use the bathroom and shower. Sounds good so far! But for people who might want to stay in surrounding campgrounds nears by, would they pay a fee to participate in tours or other activities? Curious. 
    @mrlynch1953, staying elsewhere is fine. I only know of one other Campground in Sugarcreek, and it has 17 sites and is located behind a fitness business with the facilities located in the rear of the business. I'm sure you could travel further to find another Campground.

You would miss the late night Campfire friendships, the spur of the moment "let's do this" and the many early Morning over coffee friendships that are formed. I have stayed at the coldest, the hottest, the stormiest and the other Tearstock and have enjoyed the friendships that came with the good weather and the challenging weather. It's camping and no one can predict what the weather can be. Everyone will be experiencing the same weather and the same conditions at uCamp17.

The RV dump duty will be done by a "honey wagon" (as it is called in Arizona). It is a sealed tank truck that draws the waste from your tank. It is simple, quick and it works. 

No other information has been given to us. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    You should be prepared, though. July in central OH can be hot and humid. I camped in central Ohio 2 summers, ago, and it was nasty. It also can be cool and dry and incredibly pleasant! 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• mrlynch1953mrlynch1953 Member Posts: 40
    Sounds great. I've decided to join you no matter what the weather! Excited pick up my tab max S on may first!
  • driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    For those of us camping with our canine companions, is there a reputable doggy daycare close to Sugarcreek that we could utilize when we want to tour the factory?
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

driftless said:

For those of us camping with our canine companions, is there a reputable doggy daycare close to Sugarcreek that we could utilize when we want to tour the factory?

That's probably something you should Google in as I personally haven't heard about, nor am aware of any nearby kennels?  I will probably leave my dog back home this rally as I will be busy and won't have the time to adjust to changes or conditions for him to be comfortable, etc. on a moments notice.  We will see how things shake out the closer we get to July.  
    Thanks Mike, we did Google it but didn't find any kennels near by.  Since this will be our first t@b ralley, are dogs frowned upon? Leaving our dog at home for over a week, with travel time, from Wisconsin for us, added to the the week camping, may be somewhat cost prohibitive for some.  
    Happy Trails,

@driftless, dogs are always welcome. But due to the possible lack of electric for air conditioning, I will be leaving my Sunny Day home also. As I said before, we've had one cold 40's at night Tearstock, one in the upper 90's in the daytime, a fair 80's and a steaming and stormy Tearstock over the past 4 years in Ohio in a different Campground. My Sunny Day is only happy at my side, but I won't subject her to  excessively hot temps. I plan on giving up my access to the electrical hookups, deploying my solar panels and let those who need the electric for medical reasons have first dibs on the electrical hookups.  I grew up without air conditioning and I can use fans and shade to keep cool enough, but Sunny Day tends to overheat easily and she'll visit her brother at my sister's house for the week. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    You might not need to worry as we'd need 90-100 trailers to show up first and afterwards there may be no power available.  I guess we'll have to wait and see how many people sign up for the event?  
  • PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    Just my humble opinion hope not to cause controversy . 

Really love the forum, our T@B, going different places to camp, and most and best meeting you all.  Not sure why the organizer won't choose a full service camp site for the rally to have at the minimum a better and healthy environment . 
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston

Playc said:

Really love the forum, our T@B, going different places to camp, and most and best meeting you all.  Not sure why the organizer won't choose a full service camp site for the rally to have at the minimum a better and healthy environment . 

@Playc, if I felt this way, I would have a suggestion for another campground. Do you have a suggestion for another campground?

Also, per Michigan Mike's personal observation, there are hookups for 90 to 100 campers. 

Atwood Lake is not available due to the stop work order last year after the campground cut down too many trees and cause a habitat problem with a small bird/ bat/ mammal (this is what I heard). 
    Verna, Columbus, IN

Playc said:

While it would have been nice to find a location with less primitive facilities, given the timing and what nüCamp has on its plate right now, I don't know that it would have been possible.

It makes the most sense to have the event near the factory, limiting options.  Private campgrounds near Sugarcreek are already going to be at least partially booked, as it is a heavy tourist area as well.  Large public facilities are often either primitive or also booked at this time. 

While not ideal, I think they made the best choice by booking this campground that is very close to the factory, rather then something that would offer similar but be further away.

We all have our limits, and all have a preference for the way we like to camp.  In all honesty, I do very little dry camping, being a weekend warrior I prefer to spend what little time I have with some comforts.  None the less, I can deal with it and will be going, even if a little later in the week.  Would love to have you there, but if it is not your preference, that is fine too.

Sterling, VA
  • monamona Member Posts: 240
    I'm volunteering my services as a dog sitter for those who want to do a factory tour. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
    @mona what a kind and generous offer.  We may need to take you up on the dog sitting.
    Happy Trails,

This discussion has been closed.