Options

üCamp17, July 24-29, 2017 *Update 5/2/2017

Comments

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Here's a couple of things we learned in Sugarcreek last week:

Winklepleck is equipped with 30A electrical boxes, some older, some brand new. We will need to be a bit careful with our power consumption. The campground service is 800A with 100A on each of eight feeds. We will be distributed evenly among the feeds. Our ALDE systems are power hogs so for hot water we'll need to switch to propane but we should all be able to have air conditioning! 

And there is lots and lots of shade and a lovely pavilion.  

Although the toilet facilities are primitive, nüCamp will be providing portable toilets and an eight station shower trailer with lavatories as well as water to each trailer. 

As far as schedule, site assignments, sign up for repairs/modifications, those of us who have signed up will be getting an email sometime in the relatively near future.

Can't wait to see everyone there!
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Suggestions for those who will be attending üCamp17 to help all of us use the available power wisely, so we can all enjoy our air conditioning:

As @skwhee, mentioned, if you have an Alde, please use propane for the hot water heater.  The Alde is really a miser on propane. 

Please use propane stoves (or charcoal, etc.) for cooking and even for your morning coffee and toast. This would be a great time to try out some of those other ways to brew your coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I've heard of French presses and Cowboy coffee and I really don't know what they are. I love the smell of brewing coffee.... just don't be offended if I turn down your offer for a cup o' Joe ;).  

While your hot plates, Quisiarts, coffee makers, toasters, etc. are great gadgets, they really are energy hogs. We don't want to dictate how you camp, but we also don't want to have to call the city employee to reset the breaker because too many people turned their coffee pots on at the same time. 

If you have a 3-way fridge, please use it on the propane mode, too. It, also, is a miser on propane. 

An elaboration on the trailer(s) with the showers and flush toilets. There will be 4 men's and 4 women's showers, along with 4 flushing toilets. I have seen these facilities on trailers before and they're rather nice. 

There will be two scheduled tank flushes--one on Wednesday and one on Saturday before we leave. 

I have not been to this campground, but the Google Earth views show a lot of shade trees and some wide open spots, too. It is located near the nüCamp factory, so there will be less travel time involved than in previous years. 

If you have questions, please ask and I'll try to get the answers in a timely fashion (except on the weekends when nüCamp is closed! )

I'm looking forward to this gathering, renewing friendships, making new ones, and being able to put names (and user names) to faces. Sunny Day will be spending the week with her brother at my sister's house, so I hope no one is terribly disappointed in not getting to see her again. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    thanks Verna, we have a "dripolater" for coffee, and am very good at lighting the propane stove...for us we have the norcold cooler which will be precooled before we head out, hopefully electricity will keep it cool enough for us...ice will help it out I'm sure...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jcanderson330jcanderson330 Member Posts: 12
    We are new to the T@B family and to rv camping in general.  We live within an easy drive distance from Sugarcreek.  We are not in a position to commit to a week at nucamp 17 but we would like to attend some of the events on the days we can make it.  It would be a great opportunity for us to meet other T@B owners and learn more about what we have got ourselves into.  Is that possible? 
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    We are new to the T@B family and to rv camping in general.  We live within an easy drive distance from Sugarcreek.  We are not in a position to commit to a week at nucamp 17 but we would like to attend some of the events on the days we can make it.  It would be a great opportunity for us to meet other T@B owners and learn more about what we have got ourselves into.  Is that possible? 
    If you are driving over without the trailer it shouldn't be an issue.   But if you plan to camp overnight accommodations will need to be made in advance of the event.   There isn't a massive parking area in the park but am sure we could find you a place to park.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    alchemistalchemist Member Posts: 39
    Is there any sort of schedule for the events that are happening during the rally? I need to bring my T@B in for service to Haydocy but they don't have weekend hours. So if possible, I need to shave a day off the front or back of my stay at the rally but don't see a schedule of "what's happening" anywhere. Can someone provide a link. Thanks!
  • Options
    alchemist said:
    Is there any sort of schedule for the events that are happening during the rally? I need to bring my T@B in for service to Haydocy but they don't have weekend hours. So if possible, I need to shave a day off the front or back of my stay at the rally but don't see a schedule of "what's happening" anywhere. Can someone provide a link. Thanks!
    I'll post something up if I can get that information.  
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I need to make some decisions soon - family things are popping up - we typically plan out of town things months in advance!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Patience, please. Everything has not been finalized. As both Mike and I have stated, we will post when information is available. uCamp17 planned activities will be from Monday evening through Friday evening and everyone leaving on Saturday. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Check your inboxes if signed up. 

Schedule is due out next week, but if you have service that needs to be done they are looking to know about it.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    I received the uCamp2017 questionnaire today via email, filled it out and returned it.  I'm assuming because I am one of the first 100 to register, that I will have electric (as stated by NuCamp earlier).  I did not request it on the questionnaire.  If I should have indicated that on the questionnaire, who do I contact to verify that?  Thanks for all the help on this site!
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV
  • Options
    The questionnaire said nothing about electricity. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    What questionnaire?    :o
  • Options
    pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    Whoa, it was just a question......sounds like I inadvertently "ruffled a few feathers."  Sorry, I will keep my questions to myself.
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV
  • Options
    Whoa, it was just a question......sounds like I inadvertently "ruffled a few feathers."  Sorry, I will keep my questions to myself.
    @pittchristine, you didn't ruffle feathers. Please continue to ask questions....even if we don't have all the answers yet. Since we know there is going to be a uCamp17 and we know the dates that it will be held, everyone should be able to plan to be there. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    They kicked you off the island?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Mike plays it cool--he registers at the event ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Cyclonic said:
    They kicked you off the island?
    I was down there earlier this spring and toured the camping area with Joe Mullet and he told me they'd hold a site for me.  Hey, I can always plug in next to the factory!   =)  =)  =)
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    What questionnaire? I'm registered and actually had the factory register me as I had electronic communication issues. Got my paperwork directly from them. So I've received no other contact since then. Again, what questionaire?
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Bill_in_TulsaBill_in_Tulsa Member Posts: 65
    Lynn and I looking so forward to this Rally.... Be nice to see some friends we made in January and May......Hi @Verna
    Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    2016 Silver Shadow 5x10 ~ TV 2016 Ford Transit 350 Wagon XLT van.
    "Find the Magic in a Teardrop Trailer"
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
  • Options
    What questionnaire? I'm registered and actually had the factory register me as I had electronic communication issues. Got my paperwork directly from them. So I've received no other contact since then. Again, what questionaire?
    The questionnaire came via Eventbrite, which is how most of us registered.
  • Options
    Unfortunately we've had to cancel due to medical issues. I hope to meet you all and tour the factory another year. 
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    Thanks @Photomom. Sorry to hear you can't attend. Was hoping to meet as we took delivery of our trailers within 48 hours of each other. Maybe someday. Be well.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Photomom, also very sorry that we won't be meeting you also, hopefully in the future.
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    I should be better in 6-8 weeks. :-(
  • Options
    Bill_in_TulsaBill_in_Tulsa Member Posts: 65
    Get better fast...
    Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    2016 Silver Shadow 5x10 ~ TV 2016 Ford Transit 350 Wagon XLT van.
    "Find the Magic in a Teardrop Trailer"
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OMGosh @Photomom!! You poor thing. You did pick my fav color for your cast :) Get better soon :hug:

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    The background is my unfinished family room. Walls half painted and the old beat up floor needs to be pulled up before the guys come to install the new hardwood. More upset about my project being stalled than missing out on uCamp this year.

Sorry if my cell phone is large, can't get to my computer for Lightroom at the moment! Also not happy to be missing out on some photo ops. :-(
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Photomom, at least you have cute toes! And purple is obviously their color! I hate it when the universe tries to teach me patience. Take good care.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    The only time I had Patience is when I owned a Australian Shepard/Collie mix named Patience. She lived 15 years. So in my long life, I only had 15 years of Patience! Beware!! Muhahahahaha.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
This discussion has been closed.