Options

uCamp17 Sugarcreek, Ohio July 24-29, 2017 nuCamp's new Annual Gathering

2»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @fiddlefoot, see how many amp's your fan uses. If it is under 7 amps, life is good!  If not.....woo hoo, shopping for the T@B!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    Verna, thanks for all, love the shopping, don't love the bills!  Maybe my husband will get solar panels for his birthday.
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    All you lucky East-Coasters, kinda fun to watch you step all over yourselves just to register first.. lol :)

Seriously though, I'm glad they're keeping the factory sponsored annual gatherings alive.  Someday, when our twins are just a little bit older (2x2 anyone? :o ) and we buy out the mile-smothering lease on our TV, we will make it out to one of these!
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 934
    edited April 2017
    When I'm on shore power, the current draw from the pole is always between 1 and 2 amps while using any or all of the 12v accessories including the refrigerator.  Only using 120vac appliances like the AC, toaster or electric teapot bring the pole power draw near or over 7 amps.  Using fans, lights or even our little refrigerators will not be any problem staying well below the 7 amp limit.  Heck, even my 8500btu AC unit only draws about 5 amps running.
    I don't think any T@Bbers need to be concerned about the 7 amp service if they limit themselves to the 12V accessories.

• Options
    nuCamp is working on a solution for the power and will keep us apprised of the situation.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    By the way, nuCamp is working with the campground to see if the electric service can be upgraded by uCamp17. I'll keep you informed
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    DaveLittleDaveLittle Member Posts: 5
    Looks like the electric grid in the park is being updated. Here is the text from an email I received today -

Greetings!

We are delighted to provide an update about üCAMP17. After conferring with the Village of Sugarcreek, we can confirm that electricity sufficient to provide air conditioning for your teardrop (or similarly sized camper) will be available at üCAMP17!

We will also be providing water lines to each camper, at least one pumping during the week, and access to toilet and shower facilities during the event.

If you know anyone else who is on the fence pending the availability of electricity for air conditioning and other basic necessities, please let them know to signup soon, as we can only guarantee this service to the first 100 campers who signup for the event.

Stay tuned for further updates about this exciting event!

Sincerely,

The nüCamp Team

Dave & Brenda Little
    Marion, OH
    2018 T@B 400 silver with red trim, 2017 Honda Ridgeline black
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

Verna said:

By the way, nuCamp is working with the campground to see if the electric service can be upgraded by uCamp17. I'll keep you informed

Does everyone think this is absolutely amazing??? The kindness and thoughtfulness always gives me warm fuzzies when it seems corporations have turned their backs on customers (general statement, acknowledged). With all on their plate, NüCamp is helping all they can in this situation. I soooooo want to go, but am unable. I expect great stories, cute & squee pictures, lots of smiling faces and a few flamingos! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, I've been very impressed with the level of customer satisfaction that nuCamp has put forth as well! Good to see a company treating folks like they are people, rather than just numbers. 
    Had to chuckle about the "flamingo" comment! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    There's other amazing things here, too. The town of Sugarcreek wants us there!  We need to reward the town with our tourist monies while we're there. Joe Mullet, the original owner of Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers, has worked hard to get this gathering working.  Be sure to shake his hand and talk to him and his wife as they visit the gathering. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OhOh!!! The world's largest cuckoo clock is there. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    My flamingos, Fred and George, are ready! I was so charmed by the area last year. Plan to carve out more. time explore this time. The folks an NuCamp are the nicest people! Am so proud to own one of their products!
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    Saharas_DaddySaharas_Daddy Member Posts: 3
    can you just come there for the day and go on the factory tour and visit see the campers there ?
    2020 T@G 320 CS-S, towed by a 2010 Jeep Liberty 4x4, Long Island, NY
  • Options
    Any idea if they are doing a potluck evening this year? I leave on Wednesday and want to make sure I bring appliances to cook if they are. 

• Options
    bernermom5bernermom5 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, everyone!  I'm a fairly new T@bitha owner and was considering going to the NuCamp UCamp gathering.  I'm not seeing a schedule of events or anything like that.  Can you tell me what I should expect at this event?  I'm interested in maybe visiting the factory, and learning more about my little T@b.  Everyplace I've camped so far has had pretty good facilities in the way of electric, water, etc.  Interested in learning more about boondocking and tips to efficiently camp.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Signe Strawser, Circleville, OH, 2017 T@bitha CS-S, TV: 2016 Town & Country
  • Options
    Hi, everyone!  I'm a fairly new T@bitha owner and was considering going to the NuCamp UCamp gathering.  I'm not seeing a schedule of events or anything like that.  Can you tell me what I should expect at this event?  I'm interested in maybe visiting the factory, and learning more about my little T@b.  Everyplace I've camped so far has had pretty good facilities in the way of electric, water, etc.  Interested in learning more about boondocking and tips to efficiently camp.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Signe Strawser, Circleville, OH, 2017 T@bitha CS-S, TV: 2016 Town & Country
    Hi Signe! I. also have a CS-S. I went to tearstock last summer for the same reasons you cited and learned SO much from my fellow campers. I don't think they've released a schedule yet. This is the first rally NuCamp has hosted so there's a learning curve I'm sure. You can count on a factory tour. And Verna and Mike have talked about doing some workshops. I learned a lot from just looking at what others have done and learning about detail of my new camper. I will be doing the same this year so will see you there!

This discussion has been closed.