Options

My First Two Mods

HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
edited April 2017 in Modifications & Upgrades
Three if you call mounting the paper towel holder over the door last night. I never have liked the Lagun table top that came with Bug, and I prefer wood to other materials. Another trip to WM, a bit of tinkering with the new cordless drill (old one is pushing 18 years or so, it was time) and I have a bit smaller table, nice wood top, and it gives us a bit more room to maneuver around. We are very happy with the new look!

Next mod means I don't have to create a velcro strap thingy to hold this in place! After measuring, I just cut the box short, tucked the short end into the long end and voila'!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• Options
    I seem to be having user technical difficulties today. Can you see the pics? If not, I''ll try again. Thanks!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The pics are fine-- thanks!  Nice mods
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna! I love the wood. 
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Love the table mod...might have to do this one.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    @Smullis7, it's a bamboo cutting board from housewares. I've been looking on Amazon and other places but really like this one. The underside has the drippings trough but it's not an issue. We like the smaller length, too, and it weighs a bit less than the original top. I had to offset the bracket 4 inches because otherwise the arm piece sticks out if you center the bracket underneath. The bracket screws take a square drill bit, too. I also drilled pilot holes first to keep the wood from splitting. Thanks! A friend used a small folding plastic table top for theirs. You can pretty much use or make anything. Have fun with it!
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Homebodyatheart: When would you like to do the single dump valve mod? I would like to do it before you use it. Next week works.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428

it's a bamboo cutting board from housewares.

Clever! Looks great!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Homebodyatheart, Nice job with the table top! That's a really nice look inside your trailer, and the stripes give it a pleasant appeal. Better be careful though, when the checkout folks at Walmart get to know you by first name, it's gonna be T@B REH@B for you young lady! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @ericnliz, sort of like you at Harbor Freight, eh?  =)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I'm only allowed supervised visits, and a budget is included. :s
    If left to my own devises...... :o=)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Gorgeous mod!
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    You know in some states it is  illegal for a man to leave Harbor Freight without buying something. Although I don't think it has ever happened.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Dalehelman, Yup, I've tried the excuse " but dear, they give away FREE stuff , 'ya don't have to buy anything". That didn't work either!......still supervised visits only... :s
    Ooops, forgot @Michigan_Mike got that new Magic Eraser thing...back to other territory. (sorry mike, sometimes I just can't help myself.......... :D)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz you can thank Liz for ratting you out at the last SpoT@b breakfast! Thanks Liz!  =)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    LOL Homebody!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I really like your table top. I am using a Husky workbench top, for now. I looked at cutting boards, too, but couldn't find one that I liked.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
     :s..... Here we go with yet another NO WIN situmation! 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @jkjenn I really like wood, and also thought that a bit smaller table top would give more moving around space for us. No, it's not big enough for many board games or puzzles but I can always lay something larger on top with some non-skid shelf liner between to hold it a bit. After installing the wood top I really like how the size "feels" in the unit compared to the original. Two can eat on it carefully, too. I also found one that was in the running at Bed,Bath, and Beyond, but I like this one better, and it was just under $20 at WM, but I've also seen them on Amazon (Farberware brand). As much as I would have liked to make my own, this was quick and easy! Someone on the forum posted a pic once of the top he made that has fold under extensions to it and sliding  piece also under to hold each side in place. That would make it heavier, and bulkier though, but it's a great idea! Maybe later I can remember to take a pic of the back side for you to show the bracket off set position. 

@ericnliz you know we love you, and you know you are in a no-win situation, and we know you love it! :-) 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

@jkjenn I really like wood, and also thought that a bit smaller table top would give more moving around space for us. No, it's not big enough for many board games or puzzles but I can always lay something larger on top with some non-skid shelf liner between to hold it a bit. After installing the wood top I really like how the size "feels" in the unit compared to the original. Two can eat on it carefully, too. I also found one that was in the running at Bed,Bath, and Beyond, but I like this one better, and it was just under $20 at WM, but I've also seen them on Amazon (Farberware brand). As much as I would have liked to make my own, this was quick and easy! Someone on the forum posted a pic once of the top he made that has fold under extensions to it and sliding  piece also under to hold each side in place. That would make it heavier, and bulkier though, but it's a great idea! Maybe later I can remember to take a pic of the back side for you to show the bracket off set position. 

@ericnliz you know we love you, and you know you are in a no-win situation, and we know you love it! :-) 

I ended up with a $20 workbench top from Home Depot. it is a similar size.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, And I know you do too! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    Is upgrading to the Lagun table bracket worth the money?  I have the old table configuration and don't like it but spending all that money for a table bracket blows my mind.  I know i need to have a table to work on in the T@B this one is too hard to collapse and heavy to move.  Suggestions?

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    Not to hi jack homebodys thread. I to thought the Lagun system was great but just to expensive. My approach cost me about $15 including the laminate for the top and it also doubles as a bed support.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    Thanks Maybe my son con do this for my birthday!

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    Dale it looks really nice! I'm fine with hi jacking my thread. Sort of fun to do it.

@TTTab some people use a folding TV tray. I thought about that but wanted leg room under the table. You could try that and if it doesn't work for you then you take it in the house or donate it somewhere. Good luck!
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    @Dalehelman great table Dale, was wondering what are the top dimensions?
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options

@Dalehelman great table Dale, was wondering what are the top dimensions?

14"x29"
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Nice job Dale. Now you have 2 tables?
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz said:

Nice job Dale. Now you have 2 tables?

Can't have to many tables.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Now it's back to the coffee & lawn chair....."where can I put another table?" "Ah,ha, I have room to put two outside tables, one on each side. Now what kind of bracket will fit there?" ( Goes to get a re-fill on coffee while still pondering.......) ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Way ahead of you Eric on the brackets. Had a second one mounted by the outside outlet and wheel well at NC. =)