Options

L@dybug and My Maiden Voyage!

2»

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    edited May 2017
    @ericnliz I had hooked up to city water (yes, correctly AND turned it on at the spigot!). I turned on the kitchen tap, cold water, and had lavender colored water till it started to run clear. Then I tried the hot and had a much deeper colored lavender water. I realized that I could either drain it that way which would impact my grey tank capacity or just use cold water. Since I didn't want to have to break camp to dump the grey I chose cold. When my week slows down, probably Friday afternoon at the earliest, I will follow your advice. May even call you to be sure I am on target!  =)

PS- don't ask me how I know I turned the spigot on...you can  connect the dots. Same dots as the power switch... :o

@wizard1880 that's a good question, and I have no idea. The T@b was delivered in January to the dealer, and we picked it up 2.5 weeks ago. With our winters we need antifreeze, but next year it will be blowout and in the traps. I spoke with the dealer walk through guy today and he didn't know that it still had antifreeze in it, so I have no idea where it all is in the systems! And yes, I did use the heater on both propane and electric. I may call NC tomorrow to double check this stuff with them.

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    I had the same thing happen to me.  I picked up my Tab just a few days after it was delivered from the factory.  De-winterizing wasn't really on my mind because we have been warm for a few months already.  When I got my Tab home and ran water (both from the direct water hookup and from the tank, I had the pink stuff coming out.  I called the dealership and they said that all of the trailers are de-winterized before they are picked up.  I am pretty sure mine was not.  I did turn on the heater for a few hours and it ran fine.  Although I don't anticipate needing the heater again for some time, I am concerned that there might still be antifreeze that has gone into the Alde.  If I just open the yellow valve and let everything drain out from there, will that take care of any antifreeze?
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    The reason for draining the hot water tank and then  bypassing the tank before adding antifreeze is. It uses much less antifreeze. Other wise it would have to fill HW tank with 2-3 gal of antifreeze before it would reach the hot water lines. RV antifreeze will not harm the hot water tank.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Homebodyatheart, this is interesting because nuCamp very recently told me that they were winterizing by only blowing out the lines and adding the pink stuff to the traps - not the fresh water tank or hot water tank.  I posted that info in another thread.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @SAM someone told me that the dealer added the antifreeze. I'm not sure.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited May 2017
    @Homebodyatheart, Interesting that RNR left antifreeze in your lines, especially considering they did a 'walk-through' with you. Ours didn't have ANY at all in the lines when we got ours last March. Do you have a blow-out valve?  Make sure you use a pressure regulator (50 PSI, or less) if using a compressor. Seems that would be the easiest, and quickest way to rid the system of any residual antifreeze left in the system, followed up by a real good flush using the city water hook-up, and opening the drain valves. The hot water holding tank drain (ok, I'll explain this one in "Becky" lingo) is the yellow flip thingy valve on the floor by the water lines. Do that one first while there is still pressure in the system. Pretty sure there is a 'check valve, back pressure valve' incorporated in the line, as both @ScottG, and I both had a hard time getting all the water out last pre-winter season. Should be at least 2 to 2.5 gallons come out of the tank flipping that valve. If 'ya have any questions, feel free to either bring your trailer over, and I'll walk you through it, or call if you're not sure, and you want to go this on your own. Either way, I'll do my best to help you out. ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited May 2017
    @foxden, Yes, that empties the hot water holding tank. I'd still run some water through the system anyway, and open the remaining drains, including shower, and sink to make sure that you get all the residual out. Run the water through until you don't see anymore pink, or foamy appearing water coming out. It should run clear. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Thank you!
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    @Homebodyatheart- I was so jealous knowing you were out!!! I almost drove by and found you.  Good for you... great first trip out.  You beat us!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    OMG @2Cougs you should have! I had a fabulous time, made a few "learning experiences"(teachable moments?) for myself and can't wait to go out again! We SO need to talk!