Options

RV Lock Keyless for RV's is great! (Currently for T@B S Max and T@B 320 {pre 2020} only)

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @Verna and @Sharon_is_SAM sorry to disappoint you both but that’s my hand.  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Well, you have a long lost twin!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Twinnies!  I didn’t see my ring, but I thought it was hidden, plus I am right-handed—hard to take a photo left handed ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    SueBCSueBC Member Posts: 70
    Someone mentioned to stop the screws vibrating lose to use some Loctite (low strength). Would you use it on all the screws of the RVlock unit? (except battery compartment of course) Or just the strike plate?
    I'm thinking all of them, but have never used Loctite before.

SueBC
    British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @SueBC
    You can use it on any screw which might vibrate loose.  Don't use it on any screw threads that must normally turn while in operation.  Also, don't use it on lug nuts.  those depend on proper torque to stay tight and Loctite (or grease or any other lubricant) will interfere with the torque readings from the torque wrench.
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Loctite blue not red. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Just wanted to let everyone know there is a 20% Off Sale on now (Feb15-18). I have just purchased the RVLOCK V4.0 RIGHT hand with Integrated keypad for my Boondock 320. Comes with a FOB as well. There are some great videos via Youtube online, and some good reviews. Have also been discussed here  in the T@B forum. Code to use for the sale at checkout is PRESIDENT20.

SueBC
    British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Does anyone know definitively if one of the models fits 2019 400's? I thought I had read someplace none of the models would fit the 400's doors?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited February 2019
    @Verna Didn't you get one for your 400?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    There are none available for the T@B 400 at this time. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Verna thanks for confirmation. I wonder why NuCamp used a non standard entry door mechanism?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    The door on the 400 appears to be very good as far as not being able to break into it. I prefer the door, over the T@B 320, the Silver Shadow or the 4-wide teardrop.

As a solo traveler, this door gives me peace of mind to my safety and to that of my possessions inside. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Switching out the 320 door lock to the RV lock as a solo traveler will help my security conscious mind immensely. I have heard of people being able to open the installed basic lock with another key easily. Plus I have always had the image of me closing the door, leaving the keys inside and then having a camp-side freakout. Looking forward to the install and reporting back, if its '10 minute' easy. I consider myself a 'handy' person using common sense, and from the videos looks pretty straight forward.
    SueBC
    British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @SueBC the RVLock with key fobs won’t allow it to lock with your key inside. I experimented with it and found that out. Another nice feature!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    SueBC said:
    Switching out the 320 door lock to the RV lock as a solo traveler will help my security conscious mind immensely. I have heard of people being able to open the installed basic lock with another key easily. Plus I have always had the image of me closing the door, leaving the keys inside and then having a camp-side freakout. Looking forward to the install and reporting back, if its '10 minute' easy. I consider myself a 'handy' person using common sense, and from the videos looks pretty straight forward.
    If you can borrow another pair of hands when you get the crucial stage of lining up the back and front parts of the lock through the door it will be helpful. I did it on my own and was successful, but there was a moderate amount of swearing involved.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,658
    I bought the V4 lock during the President's Day sale, and installation was pretty easy.

But.....the deadbolt will lock the trailer, but when I try to unlock with the keypad or remote, the deadbolt will not "release" all the way.  Using the key, it takes just a tiny bit of a turn before it releases.  I thought the Tab's striker plate was too high, and trapping the bolt.  I've tried moving the lock as high as I can make it go on the door, and gained a little space, but the deadbolt is still hanging while trying to unlock. 

It works great with the keys, so I am good to go for a short trip this week, but I'm wondering if there is another adjustment to make.  Or should I get the Dremel tool out and trim the Tab's striker plate?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    I had to trim the opening and the plate about 1/16” to make it work seamlessly. 
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    @rcuomo do you mean the opening on the Tab's striker plate?
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    Yes, the lock was slightly rubbing on the striker plate. These doors expand and contract with the weather. I used a small file to chip away until it worked smoothly.
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    @rcuomo , thanks for that advice. I had to file down the outer plate and the plate behind it, and the lock works fine. 
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    Bill@ndRoxBill@ndRox Member Posts: 89
    A year or so ago we purchased RVLock on AmazonSmile and installed it fairly easily.  It works great on our '18 T@b320S Outback.  When I first installed it, I had some issues with screws either being too tight or too loose so the lock wasn't working.  I called RVLock and spoke with a very knowledgeable lady who walked me through the process.  She tried looking up my purchase order and couldn't find it, and when she found out that I got it from a 3rd party vendor (through Amazon), she said that this time the help was given, but since they had no record of the purchase, that a warrantee wasn't possible through them and that I'd have to deal with Amazon in the future.  I'm mentioning this to encourage folks to purchase this product directly from RVLock instead of Amazon, if you want the tech support from RVLock.  They need to have your purchase info recorded with them. …..but then again, the T@b Forum folks have been wonderful and there's a lot of help to be found with our T@b family.  Thanks everyone!  BillandRox Puyallup, WA

• Options
    I purchased via RV Lock and have now received it. Fast delivery. Looks a great quality lock. I have not installed it yet (it's too cold out). Will wait for warmer weather, and also time just in case I have to fiddle with it. But looks really good.
    SueBC
    British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    We love ours, even though it needed a tiny bit of fiddling. Only improvement we can think of is maybe having a couple audio volume levels between off and extremely loud.  Guess we can turn the audio feedback back on, but use tape or something to somewhat muffle the sound.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Just a thought or warning on these no-key locks.  Know someone who installed one of these and still got locked out because theirs was powered by batteries (I'm guessing they would need power from somewhere, right?)  and the batteries died---locked out.   So hiding a real key somewhere on the outside might still be a good idea.  
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    seajeeperseajeeper Member Posts: 37
    It does chirp at you when the batteries get low, so you can change them before they are dead.  I keep a key in my TV just in case.

2016 Max S, 2011 Volvo XC60

• Options
    kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    Verna-don't know who you are but I hope to meet you someday-you seem to be a font of knowledge-thanks!!

• Options
    Thank you, @kaylevine1. I am me, and I full time in my  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite with my dog. We spend the winter in the Southwest and go elsewhere in the summer. I get around and there’s a good chance to meet me—just look for the white/red T@B and the Red Tacoma. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    seajeeper said:
    It does chirp at you when the batteries get low, so you can change them before they are dead.  I keep a key in my TV just in case.
    We heard this chirp this Spring.  It was an easy battery replacement on the door.  No unit removal, the battery compartment is right there.

We are very happy with our slightly used and well loved locking system.
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have to play with mine this spring. They keyhole seems to be blocked so it must have jiggled some over the miles. I pretty much use the keypad, but it is good to be able to access in case the electronics fail.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Just installed my Compact RVlock...definitely more than 10 minutes for me, but not excessively difficult. The trick to silence that profoundly annoying shriek it makes does work on the Compact size lock as well as the v4 full size one.

One minor annoyance, inside the lock are two tiny nuts for the screws that hole the battery cover in place...mine was missing one of those. Without it, of course, that screw just spins. Cover seems to hold well enough with only one screw, so I may not worry about it.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW