Options

Extended Warranties

BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
edited November 2017 in Products and Accessories
About to pull the trigger on a new 400.  I am sure the dealer will try to sell me an extended warranty.  Just wondering, based on T@b owner's experience, if any of regretted not getting one?
BigGrover
2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
Central Alabama

Comments

• Options
    That should be Extended not extendec, fat fingers small keyboard.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    MNtabernacleMNtabernacle Member Posts: 19
    I would second that request....we picked up our 400 in September and bought an 84 month extended warranty shortly after that. It's transferable which is a bit more usable. But I hope I never have to use it.
    Tim & Joan, Anoka Minnesota
    Silver on Silver 2018 T@B 400, 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    @BigGrover, I don't generally shell out for extended warranties, I can't offer many specifics. I guess it depends on your level of risk aversion. 

Do note that you should be able to edit your own posts after the fact by clicking the gear box in the upper right corner. I fixed the typo--know all about fat fingers!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited November 2017
    Well, if it were not profitable for the company to offer the extended warranty, they would not.  Thus, the odds suggest that the warranty is likely to cost you more than it will save you.

That said, the piece of mind can be satisfying, and in the event that you do have an expensive issue, you could come out a winner. 

I bought a T@b used, and the dealer provided a 6 month (I think) warranty, non-negotiable, no extra charge.  I used it to get a leaky faucet and broken USB charging station replaced.  It was nice to be taken care of, without spending money at the time.  However, neither of those issues would have been expensive to fix either.

Warranties can be nice when your financial state does not allow you to keep much money on hand to deal with unforeseen issues.  However, I'd imagine most buyers of a new T@b 400 are not living paycheck to paycheck. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    NüCamp is exceptional for their Warrantee work, both at the factory and with great dealers. New T@Bs come with a 1 year warranty I think, and some components come with their own-Alde is a 2 year? My recommendation would be to make sure I used my new T@B a whole lot in the first few months to quickly identify any problems and get them addressed should they arise and to send in registrations on all individual components, making note of the Warrantee expiration dates. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    The dealer I bought my 400 has a warranty forever at no cost and no deductible. Covers all major components plus labor. I have to do an annual inspection the cost is 80.00 at that time they reseal and check out the whole unit.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tabfortwo said:
    The dealer I bought my 400 has a warranty forever at no cost and no deductible. Covers all major components plus labor. I have to do an annual inspection the cost is 80.00 at that time they reseal and check out the whole unit.
    That is pretty impressive.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    We thought so. defiantly a little piece of mind.
  • Options
    Who and where is your dealer?
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    Nelson rv in st George ut
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    That Warranty Forever company has HORRIBLE reviews and bad ratings with the Better Business Bureau, sorry. I did a lot of research about it and decided it wasn’t a safe way for us to go.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    Has anyone else purchased an extended warranty? Any recommended companies, or is it best to skip getting one? I am still on the fence...
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Photomom always give the best answer n this subject:

PhotomomPhotomom  Posts: 1,867Member
    We NEVER buy extended warranties of any kind. In my view it’s better to bank the money you would spend on the warranty against the day you need to get something fixed.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @NCNative, save your money and skip the extended warranty.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    I think I will skip it, and put the money somewhere else instead!
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area