Options

Tab 400 - Weight-Distribution Hitch Not Recommended Due To C-Channel Construction

12346»

Comments

• Options
    GrandmasKidGrandmasKid Member Posts: 160
    DougH said:"... One positive about the Anderson system though is you can dial in a very low weight distributing amount of tension on the chains. But too low and the ball won't be locked to the coupler, negating the unique anti-sway friction sleeve Andersen uses. And note that Andersen won't work with Atwood 88007, 88010, 88555, 88600 couplers, and I don't know which Atwood the 400 uses."
    It looks like the 2021 T@B 400 uses a Norco/BAL coupler and not an Atwood. I've got an e-mail into nuCamp to confirm this. Also the Andersen WDH is designed to handle a large range of tongue weights from 350 to 1400 pounds. It really is a very different design. I've read from several folks who are happy with their Andersen WDH and others who don't like them, and still others that don't think any sort of WDH or sway control is needed. It's a wild world.
    2021 400 Boondock/ 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
  • Options
    KatydidKatydid Member Posts: 43
    Would love to hear what NuCamp tells you regarding which coupler they used on the 2021 T@B 400.
    2021 TAB 400BD; 2015 Audi Q5
    Boston Northshore
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    WDH...not needed. Overkill and potentially hazardous.

Sway control, perhaps. 

Let's not overthink this folks. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    Katydid said:
    Would love to hear what NuCamp tells you regarding which coupler they used on the 2021 T@B 400.
    This is what I just got from nuCamp-
    Hello Kendall,

Thanks for reaching out to us. First off, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the nuCamp family! This question would best be directed to Norco who manufactures our frames and couplers https://norcoind.com/.. Provide this part number to them 270101 and they could provide more details on this subject. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please reach out.
    Have a great day!
  • Options
    This is from Norco, the supplier of the frames:

Good morning,

The current 270101 coupler is supplied to us by Pacific Rim. There was a revision on 7/14/18 that replaced the old Atwood coupler #84800 with the Pacific coupler.

While we were using the Atwood (pre 7/14/2018) Lippert Components bought Atwood and changed the coupler number to 80072.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

A close up of a logoDescription automatically generatedimage003png                                        Ryan Immel

BAL RV Products

Technical Support/Service

NXG Chassis

Leveling & Stabilization

P: 877-557-7788  Ext: 604

• Options
    For the Andersen WDH, in the instruction manual there are two different methods for installing their clamps on c channel frames. One involves drilling a hole for a set screw and the other method requires the services of a certified welder.