About the travel logo map

LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
quick curiosity question here.

I love the little state / province travel maps, but I am curious at how people use them and for what.  So you can see this as a survey if you like.

my question are the following, assumi g that it was done with you TD, since this is a TD forum.

-Do you stamp a state / province when you have actually just travel /drive thru it?
-Do you stamp a state / province when you have actually spend one night while deiving thru it?
-Do you stamp a state / Province when you have visited (meaning multiple days / nights in the said state or province?
-Any other option of touching the said state / province?

I have not yet started using the maps, cause I am still wondering how to go with my intentions.

so, can't wait to see how this goes!  :)
2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    edited February 2018
    I don't use the maps, but I consider an overnight stay--or maybe at the very least a substantive visit to some attraction--as a minimum requirement for saying I've been there.

Burning up a highway or hanging out in an airport doesn't count!  :-)
    2015 T@B S
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    We add a state when we have camped there for at least one night in our T@B. And I added it because I like little shiny things, or in this case, little colorful things :-)
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    We fall in the one night category, but only in our T@B.  If we added our Silver Shadow, pop-up, or tents more states would be lit. 
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited February 2018
    I would add a map, but we can't seem to make it out of the province of Ontario!  We have near 10,000km of T@b travel planned for this summer, with one of those trips being about 3,500km.  Some streatches of highway will be repeated nearly every trip, but, it will be 100% Ontario, which still leaves much of the province untouched.

For the Americans here, Ontario is about 63% as big as Alaska, and 155% the size of Texas. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited February 2018
    :o  that's great! (The mosquitos are bigger than Texan skeeters, too!)

We love Ontario.
    rkj__ said:

For the Americans here, Ontario is about 63% as big as Alaska, and 155% the size of Texas. 

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    rkj__ said:
    I would add a map, but we can't seem to make it out of the province of Ontario!  We have near 10,000km of T@b travel planned for this summer, with one of those trips being about 3,500km.  Some streatches of highway will be repeated nearly every trip, but, it will be 100% Ontario, which still leaves much of the province untouched.

Yep, and a very large part of it is only service by winter roads or a railway. :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909
    This is a forum about T@Bs and T@B travel.
    For us it is about where we have visited with SUNT@B.

Easy for you to say, rfuss928. Those are some pretty colorful maps you got there!  :-)
    2015 T@B S
  • lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    I have to have camped a night in a destination location.  IE a night in a Walmart lot en route does not count for me.  
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909
    edited February 2018
    ScottG - We have been travelers our entire lives.   This will be our eighth season with SUNT@B which fits our current style just perfect. It is one of the tools that enables our relentless wanderlust.
    Many of our T@B travels are to areas we have visited by different means in the past and explore now from a new perspective.  We still look forward to revisiting Hwy 1 along the west coast but it is a long commute from NY and there are so many distractions along the way.  I do think we will have accumulated a full year of nights out before putting it away this Fall.
    We have met several folks in well traveled T@Bs during our wanderings.  It happens when they are paired with that style owner.

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    You've gotta sleep in the state in the T@b to mark it! ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Well, I was going to use the travel map sig, but we've hardly been out of Wi.  It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't spectacular.  I did notice that the map site did have other options, but my wife wouldn't let me use them....  "They have a Europe map people!!"  So, prove I wasn't there...

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @TerryV6, all ya need to get there is a snorkel on the tv. Do that, and all the world is yours. Either that, or I can ask my dragon to fly you there. Nah! Dragons be cranky, and they think we are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @TerryV6, may you rented a European Tab!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Pontoons, we're talkin' pontoons here! @Dalehelman, any ideas for @TerryV6 to get him across the "pond" with his T@B????? :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @TerryV6 could always load his T@B on a tramp steamer, work his way across the pond and travel in T@B style when they hit an attractive port.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    My wife wants to know if there is a bridge.... Maybe?  Things do change...  When we were dating 46 yes ago, I called her from Germany.  At that time there were no telecom satellites and so the call used the transatlantic cable.  Cost me $100 bucks for 10 minutes.  Worth it?  So far, but trainable moments for either of us have been unsuccessful...  

Opps,  sorry to take us off topic... Wife:  Terry, stop chattering!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    2Cougs correct...sleep in T@B in state or province and you get to color in that state/province. 
    Shipping to Europe or Hawaii???  Go for it...
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited