Options

2018 T@B Task List

We’ll be picking up our T@B from winter storage real soon now and I’m putting together my task list for the year.

Weigh tongue (finally got a scale to use)
Install new NuCamp URL decal
Check fire extinguisher recall (pinned post)
NY State inspection, have brakes and bearings checked
Check caulking around floor and seal around front window (pinned posts)
Troubleshoot fridge (did not work on propane last fall)
Replace shower magnet strip
Build and install mirror on front of shower door (acrylic mirror sheet on order)
Move old Chromecast device from house to T@B TV, have unlimited data this year
Dewinterize (weather might be above freezing by the time all of the above is done)
Sanitize fresh water tank
Order and install hepvo trap
Mount sewer hose holder
Replace kitchen faucet
Investigate UpNFront bike mount

What maintenance items and mods are in your plans?
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Photomom said:
    We’ll be picking up our T@B from winter storage real soon now and I’m putting together my task list for the year.

Weigh tongue (finally got a scale to use)
    Install new NuCamp URL decal
    Check fire extinguisher recall (pinned post)
    NY State inspection, have brakes and bearings checked
    Check caulking around floor and seal around front window (pinned posts)
    Troubleshoot fridge (did not work on propane last fall)
    Replace shower magnet strip
    Build and install mirror on front of shower door (acrylic mirror sheet on order)
    Move old Chromecast device from house to T@B TV, have unlimited data this year
    Dewinterize (weather might be above freezing by the time all of the above is done)
    Sanitize fresh water tank
    Order and install hepvo trap
    Mount sewer hose holder
    Replace kitchen faucet
    Investigate UpNFront bike mount

What maintenance items and mods are in your plans?
    I always like to check screws and bolts, inside and out, as they can loosen as you travel. I had the factory do the regular bearing maintenance and safety inspection. (ended up under axle replacement), and aslo recaulk where needed.

I am also going to:

1. Remove everything and do a thorough cleaning and remove what is unnecessary. 

2. Probably remove my Jack-E-Up.

3. Install the spring loaded cabinet latches.

4. Replace water filter (connects to freshwater hose, external.)

5. Reprint my shower door decal.

6. Install bluetooth propane bottle guage.

I am also considering the Hepvo trap.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I cleaned the interior and took everything out last fall. Hopefully I won’t have had any mouse visitors over the winter and won’t have to do any cleaning. I did think of another item,

Check for frame cracks and report results to Dalehelman.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @Photomom, I'll add
    Check caulking in shower (found a small gap this winter)
    Make my new Redneck Front Porch
    Restock kitchen items, herbs, canned stuff, etc.
    Add "Other" category to this list (I'm sure more will come to mind!) :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited March 2018
    Install rear scissor jacks for leveling (with help from @Dalehelman :) )
    Pack bearings & adjust brakes
    Check for frame cracks: Check, no cracks
    Check caulking: check, everything sealed
    Tighten all screws (exterior)
    Take Alde system out winterize mode
    Check battery & propane tank (fill if necessary) :Need propane
    Check functions of fridge & Alde (hot water & heat)
    Hang Liz's memorial disc
    Figure out camping in the WolfT@B without my dear wife..... :s
    Put one foot in front of the other & take one day at a time
    Get ready for the SpoT@B potluck
    Get ready for "The Guy's" camping trip
    Plan for Lincoln Rock Rally
    Get ready for whatever other adventures may come my way..... ;)

2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    edited May 2018
    Aside from the usual dull maintenance chores, I'd like to make two mods inspired by others here on the forum:

1) Install a sewer hose carrier, preferably across the frame and behind the tub. I'm eyeballing the "Super-Slider" model as its slightly larger diameter claims to hold the RhinoFlex and its fittings without having to remove the elbow. Anybody have any experience with this model? I dislike having to futz with stuff, so eliminating sewer hose assembly and breakdown would be a major advantage in my book.

2) Install an upper shelf forward of the rear cabinets. Not sure if I'll build this out of wood or just go the ClosetMaid route. Right now a lot of clothing and other personal items reside on the king-size bed while in camp. The shelf might provide a little flexibility for keeping things corralled. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    By the time you guys get all that stuff done you should have just enough time to get it winterized.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    By the time you guys get all that stuff done you should have just enough time to get it winterized.
    My goal is to have my list done by our first camping trip the last weekend of April. When you live this far north you can’t mess around.
  • Options
    @Dalehelman, :rofl: You're pretty funny today! Since you go South for a good portion of the winter, & have your T@B parked in your garage where it never gets below 40*, I'd say you're WAY ahead of the rest of us cold weather Northerners! That being said, however, you're right....just about the time I get nice & comfy with the set-up & maintenance, it's time to put it back in cold storage again. :o:s
    This year, however, I plan to get a LOT more use out of it to justify all the planning for Spring & fall!!!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    edited March 2018
    I can cross off "make a list of things to do to the Tab" off my list.

These were all useful..thanks!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I sure hope I find don’t have to winterize after I get home.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    I sure hope I find don’t have to winterize after I get home.
    You might...winter seem to want to linger this year.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ADD TO LIST: Check Alde plug under driver's side bench to ensure it's plugged all the way in. (Might look all the way in, but it's not & only takes a second to check) =)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    This is awesome. I figured the brain trust here would add stuff I've overlooked.

9 days till we liberate our T@B from our friend's barn - who's counting - I'm spending the time planning what I need to and preparing some dehydrated backpacking meals - yes, this works when you have limited food storage space in your RV and you know that sometimes you will just want an easy meal without having to "cook."
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Eric, we used a bendable wire to secure it to the outlet.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @SAM, I just might have something that will work around here somewhere....A-HA...picture hangin' wire should work. =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    LmurpheyLmurphey Member Posts: 2
    jkjenn  We are considering a Jack E up. Why are you taking yours down?
  • Options
    LmurpheyLmurphey Member Posts: 2
    Jkjenn  Nevermind I was thinking of a Jack-It. 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Today's accomplishments: topped off the battery with distilled water, took the propane tank for a refill, flushed out this year's water filter, did a few odds and ends to the shed, put the new multi-level hitch together. Need to buy 2 or 3 pin locks for it. Sometime. 

Still need to dewinterize and sanitize the lines before Friday. Other odds and ends as discovered...
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Homebodyatheart, wow, it's that warm in the state if Washington? Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and here in Michigan, not far from Detroit, tonight will fall into the teens*F and the holiday is predicted to see the temperature soar to just below freezing. Can't get any of that stuff done on Dr@gonsFly yet. As it's going, may be another few weeks to month before we can get those necessary chores accomplished. Enjoy your "early" spring.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    My T@b is at my mom's so she can work out the bug screens for my T@b and also looking to try something decorative withers the window valances.

I will bring it home sometime next month, probably and it should be warm enough by then to de-winterize....but, it looks like more snow expected tomorrow night! 

• Options
    @dragonsdofly, @Homebodyatheart is getting ready for the pot luck BBQ next Friday. I'm pretty sure there will be at least 3, maybe 4 other trailers there. I'm taking mine, rain , or shine.
    Spokane, Wa.