Options

Selecting colors on a new T@B or buying off the lot?

Comments

• Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Yep, that's me.  I like the silver better, but if the white/silver is ok, then I will buy it.  I don't want to wait, haha.  Got places to go this spring.

Also, the white unit has the pipeline blue interior.  Scuba black is my favorite, but I think it would show dog hair too readily.  I need to see the T@B in person to be able to make a final decision, but I'm not too hung up with color.  I like them all.
  • Options
    GerBearGerBear Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    We bought one off the lot. It was a used 2015 (purchased in Sept and traded in in Nov by someone who apparently wanted something bigger). Because it was used, we paid no freight and TDI. It was also imported into Canada before our dollar started falling against the greenback, so we saved a ton of money and got all the features we wanted. We would have preferred turquoise, but you can't have everything. It's yellow; our TV is a silvery blue Outback. Picking it up from the dealer in April (hoping the snow will be gone by then).
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Patti, Tom's RV in Surprise, Arizona, has a silver with black trim T@B with interior photos of the scuba black cushions. I believe that is going to be our combination when we place our order soon.
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

This one made me grin when I saw it on the lot, so I drug it home. :)

OK, I know I've posted the picture before, but I just can't help myself.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    there is something to be said for love at first sight!   :)
  • Options
    lilbuddylilbuddy Member Posts: 10
    BTW, the Scuba Black goes very well with a nice vibrant green - say for pillows, bedding, or tableware.  Just sayin'...

Craig and Mary 2015 T@B S Max
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    The white with silver T@B S was finally delivered to the dealer, after being delayed two weeks due to snow storms in OH.  I found it to be very attractive, along with the pipeline blue interior.  Although the silver T@B with scuba black interior is probably my favorite, I feel that the black cushions will highlight any dirt and dog hair.  So, I pulled the trigger and bought off the lot, and will bring my new T@B home in 10 days or so.  Now, I need a name....

• Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Congratulations, gooselady. I viewed an identical T@B at a dealer in Phoenix last week. Very nice combination. They also had a Silver/Black, with the black scuba interior, and I think I like the white better. 

2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    candykookencandykooken Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Yellow was my first choice but they didn't have it on the lot, so I went with my 2nd choice which was silver/ turquoise 

• Options
    DEHDEH Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2015
    I'm at the stage of trying to pick a color combination for the T@b exterior. I've surfed the web for pictures. So far, after all the standard color choices, I've seen the custom colors of a grey/grape-purple combination, a pink one and lots of turquoise. Do you think turquoise has any chance of becoming a standard color?   I've noticed that the tent comes in turquoise already on the T@b website shop.  I like the turquoise and grey, and I'd save a bit of money if it became a standard color :)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I always thought turq was a standard since I've seen so many either in pics or on dealer lots. Very retro.
  • Options
    not listed as a standard color, yet.

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We ordered our T@B white with silver trim,(waited 11 weeks for it) it has some black trim on it too, in the awning track. Ours has the scuba black interior. Our TV is a RAM van that is white with black trim, so together they really POP!
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I think white with red trim is the best combination, right, Larry?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    edited April 2015

Verna, Yessssssss!  Of course, thank goodness for variety and am glad most folks can get what they want, or at least their second choice.  As I said before, I picked mine off the RV dealer's lot based solely on the color.  At the time I had no idea they even made different inside configurations, but I was extremely lucky in that if I had known and had taken the time to choose, I ended up with exactly what I would have chosen.  Life is good.

I must say, however, that I would have chosen a different fabric color/pattern if given the choice.  I have taken care of that situation by covering the cushions with naugahyde, red and tan, of course.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    When Dutchmen made the T@B, the solid body colors that were available were white, red, aqua, and yellow.  There are two pink T@Bs that I know of.  One was a custom order for the Komen foundation.  The other is white, and the owner, Alison Miller, had the trim, and her SUV, painted a custom color of light pink.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    2canoe2canoe Member Posts: 74
    Yesterday we picked up this yellow beauty from a local lot.  I'm going to do a little slipcovering to make the interior and exterior blend a little better but other than that we are happy with it.  Next step is to actually go camping.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    2canoe, congratulations on your new T@B.  We bought the last T@B from our local dealer and have taken six trips over the last six months.  Our CS model doesn't have quite as much trim as yours, but we both prefer our white with yellow trim to any others we've seen.  Whatever you get, when you have had it for a while, it will likely be your favorite, too.

Gil  
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    A follow up on the status of Turquoise trim:

From Little Guy (I love these folks, you know they are busy, yet they take time to reply):

Thanks for your email.  I'm afraid that Turquoise has not yet become a popular enough color to make the significant investment in purchasing a couple of tons of dyed ABS.  That said, it is available at a relatively modest upcharge - and it is covered under the trailer's warranty.  I hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Customer Service Team
  • Options
    rkhammondrkhammond Member Posts: 54
    Finally picked up our Tab!  We went with the custom color on the trim to match our car; we think it turned out quite well! We had to travel about 1000 miles to pick it up, and are currently on our 2nd night in it...so far so good!

Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
    2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @rkhammondthat looks awesome! Great color combo.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    it looks really good!   great choice!
  • Options
    Thank you! We are currently at a Minnesota State Park on the edge of Millacs Lake.  The weather is cooperating perfectly! We will be working our way back through the southern part of Minnesota to visit some family tomorrow...then gradually back through South Dakota to visit our Son in Spearfish, and then back home to Wyoming.  Oh, by they way, we purched thru Elk River RV here in Minnesota.  Their pricing was quite reasonable, and they were very knowledgable of the Little Guy products. We would definately recommend them! 
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    If you happen to be in the Sioux Falls area Thurs, Fri, or Sat, their annual Jazz Fest (90% blues) is going on. Three days of free music - http://www.siouxfallsjazzfest.com/perfomers/
    Main acts = Marcia Ball (Thursday) - Boz Scaggs (fri) - Grace Porter (sat) - two opening acts each night.
    Did I mention, it's free.
  • Options
    That sounds awesome! We very well may be thru there well within that time frame.  Well...depending on how rapidly we get thru 'visiting with family' !  Thanks for the info...I'll let you know if we make it!
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    Oh..Patti, we went with the Pipeline Blue interior.  I think we 'decided' on each of the interior color choices at least once also! 
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    Be aware that it draws a crowd 17-25K each night and finding a place to camp or a hotel might be tough this late in the game.
  • Options
    Wow...well, even if we just stop in for a couple hours and wander thru...then back on the road, it sounds like a cool event!  
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I bought off the lot, but it had the internal items I wanted, and it was white. Fortunately, the Clamshell trim was not extensive, so I was able to paint it.  Mine was originally white/red trim with Fireball graphics. The fireball graphics came off easily, the trim was easy to paint. When I had my hatch replaced under warranty, I got it with a Blue T@B logo. I will ALWAYS have a Blue truck, so it matches well :)

A big roll of blue vinyl and some good friends with vinyl cutters and I have my custom T@B.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options