Options

Selecting colors on a new T@B or buying off the lot?

124»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited February 2016
    I love this forum. I will be ordering soon and devour the comments I find here. For those of you who are planning to order (and belong to the Facebook forum) here's a link to a discussion that Scott Hubble (CEO) jumped into. Basically, you can mail them 10 yards of fabric and they will cover your cushions as they build out your T@B. I will be traveling solo, so want the cushions split - they will do that at the same time so I don't have to do it and recover myself. https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064/permalink/10153152004971065/?comment_id=10153152194896065&reply_comment_id=10153159313716065&notif_t=group_comment_reply 
    Are you going to use regular fabric or a faux leather? I finally figured out what I want to do...2 years after getting my T@b!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Jenn, I'm torn. What did you decide? You've got the experience I don't
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    We thought about an order put choose one on the lot white/silver. Did not want to wait. We will change out the front and rear handle guards  for red and now have an XL awning with red trim to add some color to our T@B Max S "16
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited February 2016
    Jenn, I'm torn. What did you decide? You've got the experience I don't
    It's a surprise.. the big reveal wild come in the next few months. :o

It was hard for me to figure out what I wanted and then it totally hit me one day.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Jenn, I absolutely love your turquoise but decided I'd rather spend the up-charge on a solar kit. So I'm just going to decorate with turquoise. Can't wait for your reveal.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    My dealer said you can change the trim color for about $1,500 bucks.  So I'd pick a neutral body color like white or silver and the bold color for the trim.    I ordered the silver with black w/scuba black interior.  Will also be covering the cushions with a solid color that is more dog friendly. 
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    jgirlpajgirlpa Member Posts: 9
    We are still shopping for our T@B (first travel trailer for us) and considering requesting that the default upholstery choices on the T@B S Max be swapped for the grey typically found on the Outback. Has anyone done this, and should we expect to pay more for this "customization"?

Janet - Central PA
    2016 T@B S Max
    2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    edited February 2016
    I love this forum. I will be ordering soon and devour the comments I find here. For those of you who are planning to order (and belong to the Facebook forum) here's a link to a discussion that Scott Hubble (CEO) jumped into. Basically, you can mail them 10 yards of fabric and they will cover your cushions as they build out your T@B. I will be traveling solo, so want the cushions split - they will do that at the same time so I don't have to do it and recover myself. https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064/permalink/10153152004971065/?comment_id=10153152194896065&reply_comment_id=10153159313716065&notif_t=group_comment_reply 
    Not that this will happen to you, but I had an issue in getting the split cushions (as they aren't standard anymore) - even though it was written on my order form. Arrived not split and then when they were mailed to my house a second time, the order was still wrong! Luckily I then dealt directly with Elsie and she got the order corrected and shipped again. I think the dealer didn't stay on top of the order (well as much as I would have as it was a special order) --- but all is correct now!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Thanks for that "heads up" Michele. I see you are going to a T@bitha! That's exciting! I've followed you since I first joined Fort Fiends. 
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    My dealer said you can change the trim color for about $1,500 bucks.  So I'd pick a neutral body color like white or silver and the bold color for the trim.    I ordered the silver with black w/scuba black interior.  Will also be covering the cushions with a solid color that is more dog friendly. 
    When I special ordered the outside trim color on a 2015 it was only about $600.  Better double check with that dealer.  You can just about get a wrap for $1500.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Allie - Could be wrong but I think Debbie's talking replacing the trim that came with a T@B with new trim pieces. They're all priced out in the LG store. 
  • Options

PXLated said:
    Allie - Could be wrong but I think Debbie's talking replacing the trim that came with a T@B with new trim pieces. They're all priced out in the LG store. 
    You may be correct, I read the post wrong.  That still seems pretty steep.  You can get a car painted at Maaco for less.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Allie - True but that's replacement parts. You could probably just remover all the trim and have it painted.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

I've used this Rustoleum spray paint for plastics with great results.  Limited color selection, but the paint really bonds well to plastic.  Maybe just paint the trim pieces?

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/auto/specialty-paints/paint-for-plastic/

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Allie said:
    When I special ordered the outside trim color on a 2015 it was only about $600.  Better double check with that dealer.  You can just about get a wrap for $1500.
    I also asked our dealer about the special aqua trim and was told just under $700. Agree with Allie, double check w/your dealer.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ

• Options
    Sent my fabric to Ohio today. Planning to keep the solid T@B upholstery on the bottom and substitute my fabric on the back and side cushions. No pets so didn't need to be dog friendly. I just wanted a fabric that matched the mod orange trim. I'll let you know how it turns out. 
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Norbert1223 said Will also be covering the cushions with a solid color that is more dog friendly. 
    I love the Sofitel leatherette cushions. My two shed a bit and it slides off these cushions and is easily swept up or sucked up using a 12v mini vac.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    edited February 2016
    I opted not to get the Sofitel cushions as I was concerned if they would hold up to the dogs nails.  
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    So far so good here, though they usually instantly hop up and head to the back where the bed is made up, so no nails in contact with the cushions really.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Back in 2007, I picked mine up off the lot. It was white with Red Trim and had Fireball Graphics package. I have since painted the trim Blue, removed the Fireball vinyl and added my own custom vinyl. So, as long as the body color is what you want and the options are what you want, the trim can be changed easily.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    If they only had green as an option for trim/body color. A cool apple green or a sharp bottle green would look soooooo very cool!
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Check with your dealer as my dealer said that they could paint the trim any color you wanted.  Also you can get custom color directly from Little Guy.  They can do custom trim and even body colors and even modify the interior as well.  Little Guy is the only RV company I know that you can do this with.  They are very receptive to customization as long as you are willing to wait for the special order.
  • Options
    IrishCamper74.  This is the green I chose.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Allie said:
    IrishCamper74.  This is the green I chose.
    That looks awesome! I'd love either that shade or a bottle green. Do you mind if I ask you what your dealership charged for that? 

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.