Options

Selecting colors on a new T@B or buying off the lot?

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Here are a couple pictures
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    and another
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I can see why it's Mouseketab :-)
  • Options
    rkhammondrkhammond Member Posts: 54
    Mouseketab is so cute! We knew we were going to have to order ours because of our floor plan and option choice; we wanted the Q with the 12V fridge; not the 3-way. The chance of finding one on the lot was seeming very slim!  Had there been one, we would have gone with any any available color!  When we discovered custom color was an option for not too much additioal $ we went for it! Tabs are so fun! 
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
    2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    jstoeckerjstoecker Member Posts: 1
    We were able to get the solid grey (actually the Outback interior) for a slight upcharge.
  • Options
    ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
    We got our T@B CS Max off the lot, silver with black trim.  Really thinking about removing the huge T@B logo off the back.  Being the Seahawk fan that I am, I want to put a huge 'Hawk logo on the back, but the wife is concerned about fanatic anti-Seahawkers damaging the T@B.  :(

Looking to get the Pahaque awning in the grey/blue for it.  Would love to change out the black trim for blue, but not sure how that would be done.

John & Lori in Northern VA
    Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

• Options
    ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
    Patti, you could get away with that in your neck of the woods, you're on home turf.  I'm over in 'Skin country, so I'm significantly outnumbered by 'Skin, 'Boys, Iggles, and Giant fans, not to mention Steelers.

John & Lori in Northern VA
    Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Patti - Not sure about the Yankees comparison. Seems more that Dallas brought on the hate themselves by calling the Cowboys "America's Team" <- I'm not a sports fan so I could give a rip but seems that's when it turned.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Ahhhh - Not being a sports fan, I would never have known.
    Used to be a fan back when team members were stable (purple people eaters) - gave up when every year the roster changed.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Well, ya know, Texans don't exactly have a humble reputation ;-)
    I suppose we should get back on topic.
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    ronin718 said:
    We got our T@B CS Max off the lot, silver with black trim.  Really thinking about removing the huge T@B logo off the back.  Being the Seahawk fan that I am, I want to put a huge 'Hawk logo on the back, but the wife is concerned about fanatic anti-Seahawkers damaging the T@B.  :(

Looking to get the Pahaque awning in the grey/blue for it.  Would love to change out the black trim for blue, but not sure how that would be done.
    Have you checked with your dealer.  When we were looking on the lot, they show us several models where they had custom colored the trim and they offered to do any color we wanted.  Not sure how difficult it would be to change black to blue, but it's worth asking and it was more reasonable than buying all new trim pieces and having them installed.
  • Options
    You could probably have all the trim wrapped with whatever color or graphics you want like they do for advertising on buses and cars.
  • Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    Is there somewhere one can see the color choices now? ONline?  I'll look at the main site and go hunting!!
    2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 
  • Options
    The standard colors are online but As I recall (and I could be wrong), you can basically get whatever color you want on a custom order, just specify a car color - Don't have any idea what that would cost though.
  • Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    I actually like the silver/silver and the silver/ white.

2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 
  • Options
    Silver/Silver was my choice - Even though I liked some of the colors I thought I might get tired of them after awhile. If I want to add color I could always do a wrap like they do on buses - That's removable.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    We are Packer fans and use the mini Fatheads.  They're actually for indoor use, but we've used ours for about 4 years sparingly.  All the other things can be swapped out.  Our T@B is Pack T@B in the fall, but "Daisy" the rest of the year when I mainly travel solo.

Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Wow - "we are Packer fans" is an understatement :-)
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Packer fans........you have our quarterback......Go Cal!
  • Options

Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    I didn't realize the interior pic didn't post.  I guess I didn't hit "post comment". duh.  PXLated, you should see our family room. lol

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Rad, our T@B won a contest a couple of years ago in the "Packers Coolest Wheels" category.  We submitted several, but this is the pic that won.  

The tailgate pic I posted above was taken at Lambeau

• Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    I ordred Lime green for the trim of the CS-S of mine.  It was extra, but I like the 
    color.
    T@B4.jpg 144.6K
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Super cute, congrats  :)!
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    We're bummed waiting for our T@B while the midwestern camping season slips past.
    We ordered five months ago and initially expected delivery in 3-1/2 to 4 months. We didn't have anything customized, we simply wanted our favorite model and finish. We were slotted for production this week but when we called today to get an delivery window, we found that we'd been bumped back several weeks to late August. Because our dealer is small, the finished T@B may be sitting for awhile waiting for a full trailer going in the right direction. So realistically, we'll be pushing six months or more. We'd optimistically booked vacation dates that seemed safe that we're canceling. 
    So if you can buy off the lot, we'd recommend it. If you won't be happy unless you get a specific model and color, order in October and you'll be set for camping season next year (I think!).
    That said, we're still very excited to get our trailer, and we understand that managing a growing company is a challenge. We're just pretty disappointed at the moment.
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    I sympathize with you.  I'm the type who thinks a long time to make a decision, and then wants it now.  Waiting is just slow torture.  Good luck and it will be worth it in hindsight!

Gil
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    Hmmm -  haven't heard of one taking that long.  My dealer was extremely small also.  Mine was delivered as a one-off, the fee was $800 from the factory to Minnesota  or I could drive to the factory and pick it up  with no fee.
    So, something just doesn't sound right here to me anyway. 
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully you'll get your t@b before too long and have some fun with it this summer / fall...
    We agree with your conclusion that ordering at the beginning of low camping season may be safer - we made a contract with our dealer in December for a custom unit, which was delivered on time in April, right at the start of the spring camping season. 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    I love this forum. I will be ordering soon and devour the comments I find here. For those of you who are planning to order (and belong to the Facebook forum) here's a link to a discussion that Scott Hubble (CEO) jumped into. Basically, you can mail them 10 yards of fabric and they will cover your cushions as they build out your T@B. I will be traveling solo, so want the cushions split - they will do that at the same time so I don't have to do it and recover myself. https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064/permalink/10153152004971065/?comment_id=10153152194896065&reply_comment_id=10153159313716065&notif_t=group_comment_reply 
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    How do you find out when your T@B is supposed to be built/delivered?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York